Rose Hall Great House too gruesome for kids?

ddy123

Posted this in the Jamaica forum but thought I would post here as well.

We are really struggling with what to do when in Jamaica on our upcoming cruise. We have two girls 10 and 13 and it seems that a number of tours have a minimum age of 12. Plus, I need to be careful about picking something with too much sun exposure for my DH due to health issues.

I was thinking about the Rose Hall tour but am concerned it may spook my 10 year old too much. Anyone have any experience with this tour?

Any other ideas given my constraints? Thanks so much for any help!:)

I went there when we were doing a land vacation. She was called the white witch by the slaves because she was so cruel. During the tour they do tell the story about it and that her "ghost" is still seen,etc. You can go to the website and get the story and see if you think it would be too much for your kids. I would not take my kids because I just don't believe in that kind of stuff and at their ages don't want to expose them to that. At your daughter's age, you could easily talk her through anything she would hear.

The idea of an extra ship day suits me just fine but I think the kids will be anxious for a little land time. This tour would not be my first choice, but I am trying to figure out what else to do and given the age limitations and the need for limited sun exposure I am really having a tough time. We can have some sun exposure but need to make sure there is some shade time during whatever excursion we pick.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

We just got back from the Island Princess and we went ashore in Jamaica. I have two daughters age 9 and 12. My 12 year old was scared just listening to the mention of Rose Hall as we passed by on our way to Dunn River Falls.

The falls were very shady and my kids liked it a lot. We also did the Mystic Mountain chairlift and it was very sunny on the way up but cool and closer to the ground on the way down.

JoAnn

Archived