Ventura theme nights

linnet20

Just to say that they mention Black & White as a theme night, it is in fact one of the formal nights, and for most, the most formal night of the cruise. Men sometimes swop their Black Tux Jacket for a white one, or wear a black shirt instead of white etc. The ladies wear their posh frocks, mainly black with white accessories etc. Having said the above, some women do wear coloured dresses, but it is not the norm.

You can also get, Pirates Night, Country & Western night or Tropical night, these will be detailed on your tickets, not that well attended, they are normally held on smart casual nights.:D

Hi Linnet

we are also on the 29th Jan sailing .We have recieved our tours brochure and on page 53 headed 'What to wear ' it states there will be 4 formal and 10 smart casual with the following theme nights

60's & 70's

Black and White

Country and western

Tropical

Hope this helps

We are sailing on the 12t feb and have just got our information packs, it says about the theme nights. Do people actually dress up? We are going with friends and would quite enjoy dressing up but not if we are the only people that turn up in costume.

Please help

Jo

Black & white is formal & regarded as the glittering star of formals, people usually make some sort of effort to wear some thing B&W, easy for the men!, as for the rest, the tropical night is usually well observed the rest much less so, nothing to worry about.

• 2 weeks later...

we always found everyone always makes a great effort for formal nights, although as said before, themed nights not so. on our last cruise we had a 60,s night, and our friends dressed accordlingly, but have to say i chickened out at the last min. our friend dressed as ozzy osbourne complete with wig and glasses, and his wife as mary quant, they looked fabulous, but felt really out of place, and the stares were quite funny.

i actually don't think half of the restuarant knew it was a 60's night, so this time, i will not be wasting any valuble case room, on "fancy dress"

as i will need all 23kg for rest of my clothes.

Archived