Miami - Shuttles & hotels & cars, oh my!

tikibeach

Can anyone who knows Miami give me an idea of how best to handle this?

Three people staying one night pre-cruise in Miami. Booked now at a hotel near the airport.

We have to somehow return the rental car (prepaid on hotwire) to Miami airport the night before cruise and get back to hotel, OR day of cruise and take a taxi to the port.

When we get back into Miami, we have to get back to the airport to get next (prepaid hotwire) rental car. Assume we will have to get another taxi?

Are there any hotels that will shuttle both from the airport and to the port? :confused: I'm thinking my discounted room may end up being twice as expensive with all these taxi's. Maybe I'm better off to switch?

The cab ride between the airport and the port is a flat fee of $24 each way. A few airport hotels have shuttles to the port, but many find them not worth the wait and take a taxi anyway. You will likely have to take a cab from the port to the airport in any event.

Turn your car in the morning of your cruise and take the rental car shuttle to the airport where there will be a line of cabs waiting. You could ask the rental agency to call a cab for you, but you might be wating for a while. As FLAHAM noted, the fare from MIA to POM is a flat rate of $24+tip - don't worry about what is on the meter.

You can check with your car rental agency to see if they offer a shuttle drop-off/pick-up at POM, but you are more likely to have to cab it.

Good luck!:)

Archived