What time do you suggest arriving at the Galveston VOS terminal?

txpom

Honestly, we have only been on one cruise from Port Everglades. My best friend was an officer on the ship, so we were given VIP passes and boarded the ship very early in the process. I honestly don't remember much about it...she was a guide to us and kept track of where we needed to be and when. We were on our honeymoon, so it was all a blur.

We are driving to Galveston the morning of departure and planning on using one of the lots with a shuttle. If boarding begins at 12:00pm for VOS. should we be in Galveston by 11am or is noon soon enough? We are coming across on the ferry, so I am trying to plan ahead.

Boarding for VOS will begin well before Noon, unless there is a problem.

I get to EZCruise about 10:30 and take the shuttle shortly thereafter. Usually boarding is starting by the time I get to the terminal or within 15 minutes at the most.

If you are platinum (only 5 cruises) on RCL you can wait in the Platinum lounge and get free champagne while you wait to board.

... If you are platinum (only 5 cruises) on RCL you can wait in the Platinum lounge and get free champagne while you wait to board.
You are welcome. Its only Galveston that Iv ever heard of that has the free champagne.

Last year in Galveston RCI furnished champagne, lemonade, water & cookies for their embarking Suite (but not Jr Suites), Platinum, Diamond, & Diamond Plus guests and only lemonade, water & cookies for their other embarking guests.

So far this year, RCI has furnished ONLY lemonade, water & cookies for ALL their embarking guests in Galveston.

Kat 020105_emYA13_prv.gif

Is it best to arrive around 11:30? From what I have been reading about recent cruises...it has been a mess and extremely backed up anytime after 1:00. Is 11:30 too early?

check-in last week started around 1045 and 1100 the weeks before.

Come on in at 11 before the "happy hour" of 2-4

So far boarding has started around noon.

We shoot for an arrival time of 10:30 AM at Galveston. If it is real foggy that morning, we hang around the hotel in Galveston until we are sure that the ship is in, and most have debarked.

• 2 weeks later...
January 24th everyone should wait until atleast 1pm to board. I'll sacrifice and go earlier to make sure everything is ready and the boarding process is smooth .... :p

Just got a call from RCI just the other day... they told me that boarding will not start until 1pm and there was no sense in getting there earlier.

:p

Just got a call from RCI just the other day... they told me that boarding will not start until 1pm and there was no sense in getting there earlier.

I believe that this is the company's official stance on boarding to avoid upset passengers who may have to wait if they arrive ealier...we have always arrived earlier and been able to board.

There was one exception to this--we arrived in San Diego post Panama Canal cruise and they were not able to locate one of the passengers to clear through immigration. We didn't complete disembarktion until around 11:30-12:00 and many passengers missed their flights! I heard later that the passenger was on a back to back and was found sleeping in their cabin and ignored the numerous overhead pages. Don't know if this is true, as I would assume that the crew did a cabin search in an attempt to locate the passenger.

I believe that this is the company's official stance on boarding to avoid upset passengers who may have to wait if they arrive ealier...we have always arrived earlier and been able to board.

I was just kidding!!! Lame attempt at humor. :D

Seriously, in Galveston is baggage screening done prior to check in or upon boarding? And is it done by TSA or RCI personnel?

TIA and see y'all on board... unless my boarding is denied!!! :eek:

I was just kidding!!! Lame attempt at humor. :D

Seriously, in Galveston is baggage screening done prior to check in or upon boarding? And is it done by TSA or RCI personnel?

TIA and see y'all on board... unless my boarding is denied!!! :eek:

Boarding and screening is handled by port authority employees, one of which posts on the RCL boards.

Archived