How much?

KrystalWaters

A video LMAO!!!! If they find or suspect liquor in your checked luggage they will not go thru the luggage unless the owner is present;)

And it is not a matter of caring it is a matter of being the wrong suitcase at the wrong time..........

The odds of getting caught in your checked luggage is very very very low........we are over platinum with Carnival and have been caught one time and they were very apologetic and gave us the option of taking it back to our car or picking it up on the last night of the cruise.......and we continue to smuggle.....

Wait till they start scanning your undies!!! Why should the airlines have all the fun?:D:D

Ok, so I'm curious about juices (apple, orange, cranberry, etc). Are they not free? I was under the impression they were but perhaps I was mistaken. When I was on RCCL (back in 2004) juices were free with room service, at the buffet, etc. Is Carnival's policy different?

Can someone give me the lowdown on juices? :)

we usually bring a couple of the little bottles i think they are a shot or maybe a bit more so if we want a drink while in the room we have it handy. We do keep it out of site only because we have heard of the room steward thinking it was from the fridge and charging for it.

We never purchase a soda card. It's a rip-off. 12 packs of soda are 3.99 at Wal-Mart. 12 bucks for 36 cans...surely, no one drinks more soda than that in 7 days, right? :eek: We also bring 24 waters on board. Slap 'em in a duffel bag that has luggage tags and they bring it right to ya!

We've never had a single drop spill and we use the empty duffel to bring home extras we've picked up on our cruise. Leave the soda in the cardboard things they come in.

Liquor goes in the suitcase, wrapped and stuck in a ziplock. We're not big drinkers, so it's usually just one bottle of rum or premixed drinks I put in the ice bucket once the luggage gets to the room. We also purchase maybe 5-10 drinks on board. Usually miami vices or DoD's... :D

Ok, so I'm curious about juices (apple, orange, cranberry, etc). Are they not free? I was under the impression they were but perhaps I was mistaken. When I was on RCCL (back in 2004) juices were free with room service, at the buffet, etc. Is Carnival's policy different?

Can someone give me the lowdown on juices? :)

Juices free in the MDR and buffet and Room Service. Ordered at a bar, they are mixers and incur a charge. Bars also may or may not charge for ordinary coffee.

There is no such thing as wristbands for unlimited soda, you get a sticker on your card. You buy them onboard. If you buy them before the ship leaves the port, you will probably also get charged tax.

On the alcholol, thats only for groups that everyone in the group has to agree to pay for it and its quite expensive. You cant buy it individually. has to be a group booking.

No stickers on Carnival. RCCL puts stickers on your card for the unlimited sodas. Carnival sells separate soda cards that you buy at the pool deck on day of embarkation.

Carnival does care because it hits into their profits. My brother thought he could take his own liquor so he put it in his checked in luggage and when the luggage got to his room the booze was gone. He went to the pursers desk and they told him that they found it and it was emptied. He did not believe them so they showed him a video of them dumping the booze, so they do care. He has never done that again.

Wow that must have been tough. I hope he learned his lesson.

Archived