How much?

KrystalWaters

Good Afternoon CC Fam!

I've been searching all morning on the Carnival and CC website with no luck. :confused:I thought i saw it b4 on here but here goes. Sorry if this is a duplicate.

Could someone direct me to where it lists the cost for the unlimited alcohol wristbands and soda wristbands? I'm trying to figure out is it cost effective to purchase those b4 the trip or during (i know they become prorated as the cruise goes on).

There is no such thing as wristbands for unlimited soda, you get a sticker on your card. You buy them onboard. If you buy them before the ship leaves the port, you will probably also get charged tax.

On the alcholol, thats only for groups that everyone in the group has to agree to pay for it and its quite expensive. You cant buy it individually. has to be a group booking.

Put as much alcohol in your check in luggage as you want. Carnival rarely cares and rarely enforces alcohol smugglers...

Only suckers pay retail ;)

The only time I tried I got nothing to my cabin so they do take it away

So I guess im a sucker every cruise

When somone finds those braclets send me a few

The last cruise(08) I took they gave you a soda card. Any 6.90 per day. 6 for the card .90 tip.

We order a bottle of rum from gift services... Pleanty for us but then we do not drink much. a few drinks a day keeps us happy.

Put as much alcohol in your check in luggage as you want. Carnival rarely cares and rarely enforces alcohol smugglers...

Carnival does care because it hits into their profits. My brother thought he could take his own liquor so he put it in his checked in luggage and when the luggage got to his room the booze was gone. He went to the pursers desk and they told him that they found it and it was emptied. He did not believe them so they showed him a video of them dumping the booze, so they do care. He has never done that again.

What are the odds of them finding rum runners though? They can't really detect those in your checked luggage can they? I figure you are allowed one box of wine per person so buy the wine...take the wine out of the box at home fill with your rum runners close the box put in your bag and you are good to go...right?

Carnival Pride 05/30/2010

Carnival does care because it hits into their profits. My brother thought he could take his own liquor so he put it in his checked in luggage and when the luggage got to his room the booze was gone. He went to the pursers desk and they told him that they found it and it was emptied. He did not believe them so they showed him a video of them dumping the booze, so they do care. He has never done that again.

A video LMAO!!!! If they find or suspect liquor in your checked luggage they will not go thru the luggage unless the owner is present;)

And it is not a matter of caring it is a matter of being the wrong suitcase at the wrong time..........

The odds of getting caught in your checked luggage is very very very low........we are over platinum with Carnival and have been caught one time and they were very apologetic and gave us the option of taking it back to our car or picking it up on the last night of the cruise.......and we continue to smuggle.....

okay do anyone know how much the soda sticker costs?

I'm a sucker for mixed fruity drinks hehehehehe :D But then again i was thinking about stashing a small bottle of my fav rum, packed into a nice zip-lock bag of course.

with bubble wrap for good measure :-)

A video LMAO!!!! If they find or suspect liquor in your checked luggage they will not go thru the luggage unless the owner is present;)

And it is not a matter of caring it is a matter of being the wrong suitcase at the wrong time..........

The odds of getting caught in your checked luggage is very very very low........we are over platinum with Carnival and have been caught one time and they were very apologetic and gave us the option of taking it back to our car or picking it up on the last night of the cruise.......and we continue to smuggle.....

Kurban, you smuggle booze AND have a tattoo? :p;)

I have heard of the soda card, but I also believe there is a wine card as well ($X per day gets you X# of pours). Maybe a veteran cruiser can elaborate on this for you.

There is also a speciality coffee card... I know you didn't ask about this, but just incase you wanted a nice irish coffee after dinner;) Yummy!!

I have heard of the soda card, but I also believe there is a wine card as well ($X per day gets you X# of pours). Maybe a veteran cruiser can elaborate on this for you.

There is also a speciality coffee card... I know you didn't ask about this, but just incase you wanted a nice irish coffee after dinner;) Yummy!!

I know there is a DOD card, and the Fountain card..but a coffee card??? Please enlighten me on this one? How much? Where is it purchased??

I agree, we've never had a problem bringing 12 bottles of wine on board, in a separate locked suitcase, and given to the porter with a nice tip. If you try ti smuggle it through the walkin, your chances aren't good that it's going to get on board with you. You're allowed a bottle of wine per person to carry on.

I highly doubt that it was your brother's booze that they were dumping out. If anything, they probably showed him a generic video, but even then I have my suspicions about them even video tapping booze being dumped out. The last thing Carnival wants to do is pi$$ off a passenger who may not ever cruise with them again after viewing alcohol abuse by Carnival.

From what I have been able to find, Carnival no longer has a DOD card (drink of the day) nor an unlimited alcohol program. All they have left is a soda card:

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Unlimited_Soda_Program.aspx

I did find a price but can't find it now. It is per day. A previous poster was probably right or very close with the 6.90/day figure. I also got the impression that you need to buy it within the first 2 days of sailing.

You can use it in the DR and at the bars but not room service (I guess that is what the mini-fridge is for?). You'd have to drink 4 soft drinks or juices a day for it to pay for itself.

I just found a price in a Caper from sept. $6/day for adults. 4.50/day for kids under 18. Plus 15%. Unlimited sodas and juices but not through room service.

Other posters are right too, wait until you are out at sea before purchasing it or you will be charged tax too. This applies to drinks at the bar as well...

I just found the "wine package" info on the carnival site. The deluxe wine pkg is 5 bottles for $104, the premium pkg is 5 for $150.00. Add 15% and the premium package is $30/bottle. Yikes. We are wine drinkers but $30 a bottle? Really?

Also, you can buy certificates for sodas or alcoholic drinks from the Bon Voyage menu. The only benefit I can find is that the certificates include the tip for the same price as the retail you would pay at the bar. For example, at the bar, you might pay 1.95 for a soda and then $.34 for gratuity. The certificates are $1.95 each and already include the gratuity. Whether it is worth the hassle for 34 cents, who knows.

With the drink certificates, it is for drinks up to 4.95. There are not many drinks on the menu for 4.95. But if vodka is your thing and Skyy vodka is good enough, you save yourself about 71 cents because the tip is built in. Any price difference would go on your S&S card. I don't know if the bartenders bother or not to charge you the difference plus the 15% of the difference in gratuity.

I have read about the "bucket of beer" - 4 domestic beers in a bucket of ice for $18.00. Available from certain bars on the ship. 4.50 each. A bit of a break from the 4.95.

Here is a link to a recent bar menu:

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/Carnival-Bar-Menu/CarnivalCruiseBarMenu.htm

One of the pages of the bar menu is where it mentions the "first two days of the cruise" thing regarding the Fountain Fun card.

I will bring the allowed 1 bottle of wine per person and the small cooler of soda or water that I am allowed. For 5 people, that is a fair amount of soda that we can bring. Probably more than we'll want to carry. The hassle of the packaging and the worrying about being caught smuggling - it seems like a heavy burden for what will probably come to about $100 for my whole family of 5 for a week.

hb5

LMAO!!! Rebels aren't we:confused::D:p

I humbly request admission to the rebel club :p

I have 3 tattoos and have smuggled onto 2 cruises.

Which reminds me, i better order some rum runners! Last time I just put the bottles (protected of course) in my checked luggage (on the plane too) but now that they are charging for checked luggage on Alaska Air I'll need to go the rum runner route and buy the booze in Galveston.

Numerous employees have said they don't care, furthermore Carnival knows people smuggle and have yet to beef up their anti-smuggle efforts...RCCL is a different story; I would talk to your brother again as another pointed out, your story is missing some pieces.

To my understanding, there is not a wine package. Either you bring your own and will be charged a "corking fee" in the MDR or buy it from the Bon Voyage dept which is more expensive than bringing your own. Firefly, had the accurate info on the all you can drink option for groups only and everyone, everyday has to pay. For a seven day cruise, I don't think the average alcoholic could break even, would have to be a RAGING alcoholic, lol.

On our last cruise we took - on the Liberty in June/09 - we were able to purchase a coffe card from the coffee barista in the Lido Buffet (sorry, I'm not sure what the name was). It was a pretty good deal - something like 8 or 9 dollars for a card with 5 coffee drinks. They could be ANY cofee drink you want - mochas, lattes, etc. - so we actually used three or four of them during our cruise.

Off to pack my rum runners for our next cruise!!!:D

Archived