private tours

caredbasan

anybody done a private tour in any of the ports (pv, maz, or cabo) how much does it cost? do they take you to a certain spots or you can ask them to take you where you want to see or do?

In Mazatlan we used Mazatlan tours for Stone Island. Transportation , lunch, drinks and choice of 2 activites was $26 pp. In PV we went to Dreams resort for the day. Day use was $45 pp including all you could eat and drink. Cab ride was $12 pp each way.

Ok, one of the best private tours I have ever taken was with Mazatlan Frank. Google him and see what he has available for your cruise. I had been to Mazatlan many times prior to his tour and liked it fine but didn't really get an appreciation for Mazatlan until we did his City Tour. It was fantastic! He does have a counterpart in Puerto Vallarta that is listed on his website as well. He has an excellent reputation and was an incredibly nice man.

We have taken private tours in all these ports....and saved money in the process. Last April we booked five private tours through Johann&Sandra for four people and saved $1200USD over those tours that were similar offered through the ship.

We told the vendors what we liked to see and they took us there.....they also had some suggestions as to where we might like to visit that turned out well.

In Cabo make sure you go to San Jose Del Cabo and wander the town square and surrounding streets....the local art is incredible as are the jewellery and clothing shops. THE place to eat is the Tropicana sidewalk restaurant....and make sure you visit the Glass factory in Cabo itself.

The Rancho Verano Tequilla Factory near PV is also a great place to stop....interesting....entertaining....and I swear the best Tequilla in Mexico.

By private tours do you mean excursions booked off of your ship or private excursions? We have been looking into a private excursion in Puerta Vallerta to Yelapa. It is about $350 for up to 10 people. If we can find a few more people who want to go we will book it and save money on the trip. It has a plan, but timing can be personalized. And you can certainly call and ask how easy it would be to change it to fit your interests, ideas of where you want to do. I suspect you can arrange whatever you wanted. We had read good reports about http://www.puertovallartatours.net/ and were looking at booking through them. We did a private land tour last year in Jamaica and went where ever we wanted to go.

We always go with Randi's Happy Horses while in Mazatlan. A wonderful ride on the beach followed by the best lunch at Victor's. A very affordable $45.00 and Randi buys the first beer/drink. She is a character as well - so much fun. Lots of time to ride, eat and swim at the beach.

In Puerto Vallarta I would highly recommend Superior Tours. They have a nice airconditioned van, know the area and can accomodate you to see lots of interesting places. They speak perfect English and are very reasonably priced.

:)

You can go to their web site at www (dot) superiortoursvallarta (dot) com

Check out their day tours.

We took 2 private tours, one in Puerto Vallarta and the other in Mazatlan.

In Puerto Vallarta, we took a 6 hour private tour with Superior Tours Vallarta. Azeal who is co-owner is the tour guide and his English is perfect. As it was only our family, we were able to go and see whatever we wanted to. It was an incredible day and a wonderful tour. We saw so much and experienced the flavor of Puerto Vallarta. There was time for a total tour of the city, then we went into the jungle, visited a Tequila factory, went for a walk in the jungle, visited monkeys and some spiders that you were able to pick up. Some of the other things we did - went shoppinp. We went to a market that had a least 100 stalls (if not more), on to grocery stores where the locals shop, a tile shop where they make the tiles there, and a lot of other stores. We were able to stop and take beautiful pictures of the scenery any time we wanted. I can not even mention all that we saw and did as it would be far too long a description. This tour was over before we knew it and it was time to go back to the ship. It was a tour of a lifetime. I highly recommend Superior Tours Vallarta. We felt we made a friend in Puerto Vallarta with Azeal.

To see what is offered, google - Superior Tours Vallarta

In Mazatlan we took a 6 hour private tour with Mazatlan Frank, he is everything that they about him on this forum. We had an amazing day. On this tour we decided exactly what we wanted to do and see with suggestions from Frank. He took us all over Mazatlan, the old part and the Golden Zone. We also saw a lot of the new resorts and of course where the locals live. He took us to an jewelry shop where we picked up some beautiful items,the Mercado, a local grocery store, WalMart (at our request) and so many other places. We saw the shrimp ladies and the shrimp fleet. There was so much more that we saw and experienced.If we had not taken Frank, I do not believe that we would have had the same appreciation of Mazatlan. It is a beautiful spot and one not to miss. Frank is a friend to all that visits Mazatlan.

To see what Frank offers, Google - Mazatlan Frank

Good luck on whatever you decide to do. :)

In Mazatlan we used Mazatlan tours for Stone Island. Transportation , lunch, drinks and choice of 2 activites was $26 pp. In PV we went to Dreams resort for the day. Day use was $45 pp including all you could eat and drink. Cab ride was $12 pp each way.

Dreams in PV has got up to $58 for Day Use. It must have been a year or two since you went. :)

In November, our group of six had private tours in Puerto Vallarta and Mazatlan. In Puerto Vallarta, we were with Azael of Superior Tours who led us on a most enjoyable day visiting the major sights of the area, including the Malecon, Los Muertos Beach, Conchas Chinas and Los Arcos. We visited a tequila factory, which was an education in itself and where we helped Azael celibrate his birthday. Next was a botanical garden where Azael demonstrated his vast knowledge of the flora and fauna of the region. At the request of one of our group, he found an out of the way restaurant for excellent fish tacos and shrimp. A most enjoyable tour at an incredible price of 35$US/hour.

In Mazatlan, we booked a tour with Mazatlan Frank. Frank was not available that day, so we toured with one of Frank's partners - "Smiley," a fabulous guide and great personality. One can see immediately Smiley's love of his city. Again, we visited all the major sights of Mazatlan always with running commentary, history and humor from our guide. One of the highlights was lunch at Tonys on the Beach where we received first rate service and fabulous food. Another excellent tour for a remarkable price.

I recommend both tour companies with no hesitation.

Last year we considered taking a cruise like this but decided to hold off. Economy, you know.

We contacted Superior Tours in Puerto Vallarta and liked what they had to offer. Now they have more going for them and, when we do this next cruise to Mexico, we will certainly book an inland trip with those folks.

I was impressed then and again now, on the basis of their great flexibility of arranging special tours and suggesting the places we had in mind in the first place.

So, hold us a seat Superior Tours! We will be there. Meet us at the dock.

By private tours do you mean excursions booked off of your ship or private excursions? We have been looking into a private excursion in Puerta Vallerta to Yelapa. It is about $350 for up to 10 people. If we can find a few more people who want to go we will book it and save money on the trip. It has a plan, but timing can be personalized. And you can certainly call and ask how easy it would be to change it to fit your interests, ideas of where you want to do. I suspect you can arrange whatever you wanted. We had read good reports about http://www.puertovallartatours.net/ and were looking at booking through them. We did a private land tour last year in Jamaica and went where ever we wanted to go.

We're a family group of 9 (Grandpa, Grandma, 2 kids (with spouses) and 3 Grandkids.

We've booked this for 03/24/10. For a large group, it seems a very inexpensive (per person) way to spend the day.

That, and it sounds as though it has something for all of us. All nine of us are very much looking forward to it!

Mazatlan - I echo the above recommendations for Mazatlan Frank - Fabulous! I will be doing a repeat tour with him in May.

Cabo - I was pleased with our private van tour booked through Johann & Sandra. We went to several of the resorts in Cabo, the Los Cabos Corridor and San Jose del Cabo. Our guide took us to an excellent restaurant in San Jose del Cabo where we had some amazing coconut shrimp - the best I have ever had. We went to a nice shop there where we also did a tequila tasting. We ended up at the glass factory which was very interesting. I bought a Christmas ornament there.

If you click on the Webshots link in my signature I have pictures of both tours posted under Cabo September '09 (Cabo) and the Golden Princess Mex Riviera Jan '08 (mazatlan).

Archived