Barcelona Hotels for THREE (3)

TV Dad

We are planning a RT Mediterranean cruise out of Barcelona in June, 2010 and there are three in our party (mom, dad, 16 year old daughter).

I have been having trouble finding upscale hotels that accomodate three in a room. Any suggestions?

I have to give you credit for doing your homework early. That extra person is always a issue when traveling Europe. This is just an idea but I know they will take a party of three. Try going to Hotwire and run a Hotel Check on three people for Barcelona. In the past I have used Hotwire and had some great deals. Just a suggestion. Tim

We are planning a RT Mediterranean cruise out of Barcelona in June, 2010 and there are three in our party (mom, dad, 16 year old daughter).

I have been having trouble finding upscale hotels that accomodate three in a room. Any suggestions?

Try booking.com; they got recent room description that show number of people that can be accommodated. You'll see 2 and plus sign. Actual room names can be: Family, Triple, Suite, Superior, Double with extra bed, etc.

We have booked Atrium Palace in Barcelona for next June which will accomodate 3. They put an extra bed for the third person.

http://www.hotel-atriumpalace.com/

There is a hotel called Wilson Boutique hotel which will accomodate 3 in a junior suit.

In fact, we might consider switching to Wilson Boutique hotel.

http://www.wilsonbcn.com/en/index.htm

We are also cruising out of Barcelona in June and need a room for 3. After ALOT of research, I chose Hotel Regina. They have triple rooms. Go to their website and check out the rates (they're good). Then look at TripAdvisor and you can read many reviews.

The location looks really good. It's right at the top of Las Ramblas, but on a side street, so it's not noisy. It's also close to the metro and other transportation options.

We are also cruising out of Barcelona in June and need a room for 3. After ALOT of research, I chose Hotel Regina. They have triple rooms. Go to their website and check out the rates (they're good). Then look at TripAdvisor and you can read many reviews.

The location looks really good. It's right at the top of Las Ramblas, but on a side street, so it's not noisy. It's also close to the metro and other transportation options.

I agree Hotel Regina is very good although it is quite expensive compared to Atrium Palace and some other choices. We considered booking hotel Regina but backed out as soon as we saw the price :-) While Atrium Palace only charges us 112 Euros a night, hotel Regina charges us total of over 660 Euros for the 3 nights we will be in Barcelona.

We loved the Hotel Fira Palace near Montjuic - stayed there for 4 nights last May. Their rooms are supposed to be among the largest in Barcelona. The standard rooms offer 2 queen size beds and a sofa bed. Our son used the sofa bed and it was extremely comfortable. The baths are also huge with separate shower, tub, toilet area and twin sinks...makes it easy for more than one person to get ready at a time.

I ball parked some dates in June and they appear to have rooms in the E159 range. Should you choose this hotel they also have a fabulous buffet breakfast. We had this included in our room price last year and while they don't have this offer this package right now it could be added later.

I monitored the prices after booking and was able to get the room for even less than originally booked so it pays to keep watching.

TV Dad,

Found Hotel U232, 232 Comte D'urgell, on T-Advisor as their #7 out of over 500 hotels in Barcelona. If you go to their web site and click on promotional rates at the bottom of the page, and then click on advance booking with your dates it shows E87 for a "family room". For a regular room, I found it at E78 versus E115 on their standard site.

Howard

Archived