Only able to book on board

jburke1566

There has been a particular excursion I have wanted to book. Today I went on Carnival's website and noticed that several new excursions had been added to my cruise in June, however the one I want is still not there. SO I went to the whole list of excursions for that port and there was my excursion but it said it was only available if booked on the ship. The cost used to book at about $50. Two questions:

#1 ...does this mean the cost will probably be higher because it is now only available to be booked on the ship?

#2....do I need to book ASAP when I get on board? From what I hear, this excursion is very popular.....and where will I book this excursion? Purser's desk? I assume that will be a crowded place when I first board? Will they be willing to book an excursion amongst the chaos of boarding?

First time cruiser.....I apologize for my ignorance!! ;)

Dont apologize, thats a good question for a first timer. lol lol First I will say that the price will be the same on the web and the ship..no difference, no booking fees so you will be fine there...

Now the busy part, they will have a shore excursion desk somewhere close to the pursors and thats where you will want to head..I have seen the tours desk super busy and super dead at embark, so just go jump in line and you will be fine. Just dont wait til the night before or the day of the tour to try and book it.

What ship are you on??

What time you planning on being at the peir?? The earlier the better so you can maybe beat some of the crowd on and get that tour booked before your first drink...:D:D:rolleyes:

Thank you so much!

We're going to be on Freedom in June. I am planning to be at the port by aroun 10-11. Probably a little too early but I figure if I plan on being there that early, it gives me some time in case a problem arises in finding the port or whatever because we are driving down from Daytona (probably) that morning.

Glad to hear there is a separate excursion desk....I will IMMEDIATELY head to that desk!!!!!

I have a similar issue about an excursion, but can't even find out what the price is, not even an estimate. Your suggestion about getting in line immediately is good except for one thing- I will have a DOD in my hand as I wait! If necessary I will put one of my kids in line while I search out a drink- although if memory serves, finding one will not be difficult.

Thank you so much!

We're going to be on Freedom in June. I am planning to be at the port by aroun 10-11. Probably a little too early but I figure if I plan on being there that early, it gives me some time in case a problem arises in finding the port or whatever because we are driving down from Daytona (probably) that morning.

Glad to hear there is a separate excursion desk....I will IMMEDIATELY head to that desk!!!!!

On the Freedom the shore excursion desk is on Deck 3, which is the deck you'll enter when you first board. It's just past the lobby / atrium on the port side of the ship. There will most likely be a capers available right on the atrium bar that you can grab that will have the excursion desk times when it will be open - from my embarkation capers from November it was open at noon to muster then after muster until 7:30 pm - but check the capers when you board - it could definitely be different.

We had an awesome time on the ship!

Also, on most new modern ships, you can also book your tours on the TV. They should have an interactive system. Only issue is you won't know if you got your choice for sure. Tickets will be delivered to your stateroom by your steward.

Bon Voyage

Thank you so much!

Good news! On the Freedom you can book excursions on you room's tv!:)

I would also keep checking the Plan excursion site. When we first booked the excursion we wanted to do was a book on ship and I never saw it listed when I went under our booking number. Last week I went in and it was listed and available to book online. Not sure why it showed up but I am glad it did because it was the one thing my Wife really wanted to do and now we are booked and I don't have to worry about it any more.

I would also keep checking the Plan excursion site. When we first booked the excursion we wanted to do was a book on ship and I never saw it listed when I went under our booking number. Last week I went in and it was listed and available to book online. Not sure why it showed up but I am glad it did because it was the one thing my Wife really wanted to do and now we are booked and I don't have to worry about it any more.

Thank you for this advice!!! How soon til you cruise?

Archived