Let me try another way! Restaurants around Long Beach?

eggypann

Hi - posted a thread asking specifically about the Hotel Maya restaurant but also looking for other restaurants in Long Beach. My title had only Hotel Maya and I've received no responses.

The majority of our 14 lady group is staying pre-cruise at the Hotel Maya (located right by the Carnival pier). Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for dinner and/or breakfast around there? Thanks!!

what kind of food are ya looking for? There are a lot of places.

From your hotel you'd be utilizing the Passport "C" Bus or the Water Taxis to get to them.

One of my favorites is George's Greek Cafe, located on Pine Avenue. But there are lot of places to pick from. I didn't go out for breakfast much in downtown except for Long Beach Cafe. (corner of Ocean & Atlantic)

Here's a photo tour I'd put together when I was sailing with a CC group on the Splendor. You can use the Passport Map to kind of follow the route I took while taking the pics.

The pictures are captioned, but that doesn't show up in slide show mode.

Hope this helps a bit.

I have an idea that may help .. I go on another website, it is not a cruising website,, but it is very busy, and someone always has a suggestion. Plus there are reader posted reviews on sites, hotels, and restuarants.

It is called tripadvisor.com,, google it, I would actually google, tripadvisor Long Beach Forums .

There are people that actually live there and have lots of good ideas.

good luck .

BSQ( I see we posted at same time, so I just saw your post) .. thats a great slide show, thanks for posting,, I had no idea Long Beach looked so nice. There sure look to be alot of places to eat too, I 'm almost sorry I have only one night there, LOL

PS Did you go to the aquarium ? I will have my 13 yr old with me and was thinking that would be a good way to use a few hours after we arrive and before dinner.

BSQ( I see we posted at same time, so I just saw your post) .. thats a great slide show, thanks for posting,, I had no idea Long Beach looked so nice. There sure look to be alot of places to eat too, I 'm almost sorry I have only one night there, LOL

PS Did you go to the aquarium ? I will have my 13 yr old with me and was thinking that would be a good way to use a few hours after we arrive and before dinner.

Southern California always photographs nice. They keep the area very clean.

I've not been to the aquarium in a whole lotta years, but I know I've seen posts on here from folks who have spent a few hours there.

If you google almost any of those restaurant names you'll be able to see menus. Those pictures covered almost every place to eat that was open as of April 2009.

You mentioned TripAdvisor ... unfortunately the Long Beach Forum isn't very active.

Tripadvisor has the same owners as CC. Some of the forums are quite active while others are not. If there is no response or activity on the Long Beach forum, post in the LA one instead. Also, like CC there is a info and traveler review section of TA which is separate from the forums. Be sure to look there for Long Beach restaurant descriptions and customer reviews. (No, I don't work for them, they are an invaluable source of non-cruise travel info).

pg- The waterfront area of Long Beach actually reminds me of Vancouver...just substitute pine trees for palms!

BSQ - WOW - Thanks for the tour of Long Beach! Lots of great pictures. I feel like I've been there when I really haven't. And the Passport map is really helpful. The Greek place sounds great - is it a local restaurant? I usually try to avoid the chains whenever possible and eat at locally owned places instead!

pg. - Thanks for the TA suggestion - I knew that, don't know why I didn't think of it.

Everyone - thanks for all your help. I do so love CC!!

The majority of our 14 lady group is staying pre-cruise at the Hotel Maya (located right by the Carnival pier). Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for dinner and/or breakfast around there? Thanks!!

BSQ has great info and pictures. For breakfast I totally agree with her suggestion of Long Beach Cafe.

An easy option for lunch and dinner is right across from your hotel, walking distance across the street with beautiful ocean views:

http://www.reefrestaurant.com/

That is one that most people miss, because it's on the harbor side (with Hotel Maya and Residence Inn) as most people always go directly downtown.

If you are downtown, then I like Parker's Lighthouse as well...

http://www.selectrestaurants.com/parkerslight/index.html

Have fun! And please report back and let us know where you end up!:D

BSQ - WOW - Thanks for the tour of Long Beach! Lots of great pictures. I feel like I've been there when I really haven't. And the Passport map is really helpful. The Greek place sounds great - is it a local restaurant? I usually try to avoid the chains whenever possible and eat at locally owned places instead!

pg. - Thanks for the TA suggestion - I knew that, don't know why I didn't think of it.

Everyone - thanks for all your help. I do so love CC!!

it is a local. Depending on who's working the entrance ... don't be surprised if you get hugged when you walk up. LOL. There's also a smaller location in Belmont Shores (the passport A will take you there for a dollar). Belmont shores is a great place to people watch and browse as well.

(PS: the Long Beach Forum on TA isn't very active ... just warning y'all)

Hi there,

Please check out http://www.visitlongbeach.com. There's lots & lots of great information on local restaurants. When are you and the ladies coming to visit this great city? It can make a difference. Check out the website, it's got lots of information. I've got my favorites but most of them will be further east of you as I live on the eastside. I have not been to the Reef Restaurant for awhile. I do like it as a suggestion. I think it would be easy for a group of 14.

Enjoy your visit and your cruise,

Winnie

Hi - posted a thread asking specifically about the Hotel Maya restaurant but also looking for other restaurants in Long Beach. My title had only Hotel Maya and I've received no responses.

There are lots of restaurants at Shoreline Village and The Pike, http://www.shorelinevillage.com and http://www.thepikeatlongbeach.com. Also, there is a popular upscale restaurant on the Queen Mary, Sir Winston's.

Jen in SoCal

what kind of food are ya looking for? There are a lot of places.

From your hotel you'd be utilizing the Passport "C" Bus or the Water Taxis to get to them.

One of my favorites is George's Greek Cafe, located on Pine Avenue. But there are lot of places to pick from. I didn't go out for breakfast much in downtown except for Long Beach Cafe. (corner of Ocean & Atlantic)

Here's a photo tour I'd put together when I was sailing with a CC group on the Splendor. You can use the Passport Map to kind of follow the route I took while taking the pics.

The pictures are captioned, but that doesn't show up in slide show mode.

Hope this helps a bit.

Your pictures of the cruise port are great. At which hotel did you stay for that gorgeous view?

Just booked Splendor today. Only 441 days until we cruise. :eek:

Archived