????? for Sapper1

'The Bear'

'Sapper1' --- I was thinking about your last post and I have to ask the question ----'Was your late husband named Bob Bridges?'

I can only remember four men teaching at the Marysville school in my time there --- (1) Archie Wade (just passed away this summer) ---(2) a Mr. Hetherington (probably too old --he seemed ancient to me and had children my age) -- (3) Dale Horncastle (still living) & (4) Bob Bridges (who hailed from Fredericton, and of whom I lost touch). Anyway, Bob was my teacher in Grade 7 and 8 ( and a lot of water has passed under the bridge since then !!! ;)) If my deductions/assumptions are correct, I'm sorry to hear of Bob's passing.

Gord

'Sapper1' --- I was thinking about your last post and I have to ask the question ----'Was your late husband named Bob Bridges?'

I can only remember four men teaching at the Marysville school in my time there --- (1) Archie Wade (just passed away this summer) ---(2) a Mr. Hetherington (probably too old --he seemed ancient to me and had children my age) -- (3) Dale Horncastle (still living) & (4) Bob Bridges (who hailed from Fredericton' date=' and of whom I lost touch). Anyway, Bob was my teacher in Grade 7 and 8 ( and a lot of water has passed under the bridge since then !!! ;)) If my deductions/assumptions are correct, I'm sorry to hear of Bob's passing.

Gord[/quote']

Wow! That's amazing. And you're right. The connections in this province never cease to amaze me. Two degrees of separation instead of six.

Bob died quite young at the age of 44. At the time he was Asst. Supt. Of Schools in Charlotte County. I was only 35 then as I was a lot younger than he was.

Doing this from my I-phone at the Sea Dogs game so it is short and disjointed.

What a small world. That's amazing for this to happen on a cruise BB. :)

So true Sail7Seas!! A very small world!!

Sapper1 and The Bear, I have a question for you both.... Do you know where Seridan and Lincold are? And if so can you tell me what they are like today??

I used to live at the top of the hill outside of Sheridan, the one where the Cemetary is. I was in the 4th grade there and had a wonderful teacher named Mrs Russo (I think that is the spelling.) Anyway, since it has been more than 45 years since I lived there, I wondered what the changes might be like in Sheridan.

Joanie

So true Sail7Seas!! A very small world!!

Sapper1 and The Bear, I have a question for you both.... Do you know where Seridan and Lincold are? And if so can you tell me what they are like today??

I used to live at the top of the hill outside of Sheridan, the one where the Cemetary is. I was in the 4th grade there and had a wonderful teacher named Mrs Russo (I think that is the spelling.) Anyway, since it has been more than 45 years since I lived there, I wondered what the changes might be like in Sheridan.

Joanie

Joanie, could you possibly mean Lincoln, instead of Lincold?? Sheridan doesn't ring any bells and I am familiar with a lot of the little areas around Fredericton and Saint John. I was trying to think of some "sound alikes" for Sheridan and I can't. What city did you live near?

Archived