Bottled water for formula?

beffiegirl

Ok so I read on the boards, that other people have brought water with them on the cruise. So I was planning on bringing it with me since we are driving to the port. I called rccl just to make sure and they said no I can not. Baby food ok but not bottled water. Only one bottle till on get on the ship. She said I can purchase a water package. My baby is 8 months and drinks alot of formula.(big baby) Should I just bring one big container, like a gallon, or no? So confused....has anyone every gone on rccl with water and did you carry it on or check it with the porters?:confused:

Are you still mixing with bottled water at home? All water on the ship is purified by reverse osmosis and is cleaner/purer than what comes out of your faucet at home, and probably more than what you are buying in a bottle. When I taught prenatal classes, eons ago, we would tell parents that if they were on a city water system, they did not need to boil water for formula, just use tap water. So, save yourself some weight and use it out of the faucet. EM

The ship's water is fine...especially for an 8 month old! Surely, you're not still boiling every item baby comes into contact with? (Must be crawling by now....germy floors!)

You don't need to haul a bunch of water with you!

Call Royal again and express your concerns to a supervisor. Limit your water for a few days and when in port purchase additional water. A large bottle on board is around $2.75. I do drink the water from the sink and lido deck fountains but on a few occasions the water in the cabin ran rusty.

well just to answer your questions...I use spring water for my baby's formula because I'm from nj..our water taste like chlorine and is horrible. I just didn't wanna spend 50 bucks on water..seems silly. A gallon of water is a dollar. I might just bring a big bottle(gallon) in the diaper bag and see what they say. Hope for the best.....

Ok so I read on the boards, that other people have brought water with them on the cruise. So I was planning on bringing it with me since we are driving to the port. I called rccl just to make sure and they said no I can not. Baby food ok but not bottled water. Only one bottle till on get on the ship. She said I can purchase a water package. My baby is 8 months and drinks alot of formula.(big baby) Should I just bring one big container, like a gallon, or no? So confused....has anyone every gone on rccl with water and did you carry it on or check it with the porters?:confused:

We usually check a flat of water every time we get on a cruise. I spend $4 on a case of water from walmart, make my own luggage tags with our room number, and give it to the porters.

The very worst thing that could happen is that it either doesnt make it to your room OR they tell you you cannot do it while you are at the pier. In either case, you are only out $4. We have never had a problem, no one has ever said anything.

We also hand carried on 2 gallons of water in San Juan. The security people did stop us and ask what it was, but only because they thought it might be clear alcohol. Once I pointed out that we needed water for the infant and that that the jugs were sealed they let us thru no problem. I offered to open each and let them smell but they declined.

Really, as long as, if anyone asks, you say "it's for the baby's formula" it will be okay. No one is going to challenge you if you say that.

Dont forget, you can order a large carafe of hot water (as if you were making tea) every day from room service. If you do half bottled water and half carafe hot water, the water temp in your bottle will be nice.

Happy sailing.

Archived