NCL or CCL...which would you do?

Rick, I have read several of your posts in the past when I was researching our last cruise on Carnival. We have been on 9 Carnival cruises and only one NCL, (taking our 2nd this March), but I think you enjoy the NCL perks and I feel like you would miss them. I love all the cruise lines, and our last experience on Carnival was a Category 12 penthouse, this time we are trying an AC suite on NCL. I am very much looking forward to the ability to order dinner from a specialty to our cabin. I work 6 day's a week and 12 hours a day and I used to cruise to see the ports and do the excursions, but now I am more into the relaxation experience. That being said the My Time Dining went very well for us on Carnival, and the dress code was very relaxed. The Super Club was better then Cagney's and I think it was 30.00 per person, but it does take at least 2 hours. The food on Carnival is a little better then NCL in the MDR, but I like the breakfast buffet on NCL better. I hope my opinion can help you this time, I have enjoyed your informative posts in the past.

Happy Birthday! You have 2 really great options.

I have been in a suite on the Carnival Miracle and also a suite on the NCL Dawn (AB) with my kids. We really enjoyed our Carnival cruise much more than I thought we would. We really liked the Supper Club on Carnival and we also enjoy all the speciality restaurants on NCL.

The suite on Carnival was really a nice cabin but the AB on the Dawn with the perks was sooo much better. Having the 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms were great for us because we sailed with our kids.

This is a win/win situation in my book. However, we would book an AB or higher on NCL over 2 cabins on Carnival.

Sorry for the delayed response...I couldn't get on CC for a week. Thought it was CC but then realized it was my internet connection. One of those unplug it and plug it in kind of fixes. LOL.

Haven't decided on which cruise yet...it's nearly a year away, so I've got some time.

But...just booked flights for our two weeks in Aruba coming up in May! Did something a little crazy (that added 3 hours to outbound the trip) by booking:

Las Vegas to Los Angeles

Los Angeles to JFK

JFK to Aruba

It's gonna be a long night! BUT...the LAX-JFK flight is the movie star flight, so you never know who you might run into, right? :) Could have booked the flight from Las Vegas to Miami to connect with Aruba, but that wouldn't be as adventurous. And I'm really gonna rack up some mileage on this one.

Just recently back from Carnival Pride and am now booked on Norwegian for a second time. I was extremely disappointed on Carnival!

What was it about the Pride that you didn;t like - I sailed Carnival for the first time in 2008 and it was on the Pride and we loved it - highlight was dinner at Davids Supper Club.

Archived