Live from Silver Cloud

Jacko

I will start posting next week too. We get on in Santiago Wednesday!

What a treat. Collin Brown joined the Cloud on 1/14! He will be the CD on next cruise. He greeted us as if old friends.

The ship is in great condition. I see no changes since we were on in July. As previously stated, the wet areas in men's locker room need to be replaced as they are showing signs of age.

Food meets our expectations as always. There is about a 3 day wait to get into La Terraza. They are no longer advertising what part of Italy the menue will be based on. I assume the menue cycles through 7 or more themes as it has previously.

Dining room service is excellent! Except for 2-3, the servers are all fresh but very eager to please.

Myra is still on board as a waitress. She has the amazing ability to remember names. What an asset to Silver Sea.

Fitness room is in fine shape. I sure wish SS would do the conversion they did on the Wind.

I will try to respond to any specific questions.

JackO,

Linda and I have been enjoying your posts! As I think we discussed on the Cloud last July, we will be doing the same itinerary this coming November on the Whisper. Please give our best to Ann!

Bob.

jacko, the other ships have gone to a different, constant Italian menu in the Terrazza. Lots of fresh pasta. We enjoyed it. All packed and off to Santiago on Monday! Enjoy.

Have a fabulous trip, duct tape! We will be watching for your posts. Safe travels.

jacko, the other ships have gone to a different, constant Italian menu in the Terrazza. Lots of fresh pasta. We enjoyed it. All packed and off to Santiago on Monday! Enjoy.

YES, look forward to your reports with lots of details.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

JackO

Please tell Hotel Director, Carlos, I send big Texas hug's to him ~~

he was a favorite Hotel Manager on the Seabourn Pride! I have really missed him!

Also, Colin Brown is a former Seabournite! A grrrreat fellow!

Hope to be aboard the Cloud this summer!

Smooth seas & blue skies!

Martita B.

Duct tape

Am anxious to try Silversea ~~especially the 'lit Cloud.

I haven't booked a sailing yet but will post when I decide.

One of my very favorite sailings is Canada/New England.

Of course, I loveee the TA Crossings ~~those lazy, crazy sea days are delightful! I'll be aboard the Seabourn Spirit March Crossing but plan to book a future TA on Silversea.

Hope all is well with you ~~thank you for the "welcome.":p

Martita B.

All packed and off to Santiago on Monday!

Duct Tape, that's organization! Are you sure you wouldn't be better off packing my way, i.e., running around in a panic at the last minute? It makes for an exciting start to the trip! :eek: :D

Hello, out there,

I'm joining the Silver Cloud on August 23 for the circumnavigation of Iceland. I have never sailed with Silversea, and would love any information you can give me concerning life on board ship, quality of furnishings, food, availability of alcoholic drinks. I have read most wine and spirits are complementary, is this true? What is the quality of the shore excursions? Any information would be helpful.

Lesley

Good morning, everyone. We boarded yesterday in Valpraiso. We are rockin' & rollin'. All is well. I was afraid that all the crew was on the Spirit but so far I have been thrilled to see so many "old" faces. There are only 124 Venetians and lots of "new kids". There are 230something aboard. I haven't finished snooping yet, but I like the new soft goods in our suite, carpet, upholstery and drapes. Our Butler had all our requests covered by this morning. Great dinner in La Terrazza, carpaccio and pasta. Ryan, one of my favorite chefs is in that kitchen. Haven't been to the DR yet. Will be in touch later. Wish us well in getting around the Horn!

Lesley,

You will get all of your questions answered if you search previous posts.

I am a little suprised that you have booked your trip and not found out these basic things.The Silversea web site will also be helpful.Enjoy your trip.

Hi, lord of the seas,

You are right, I booked this cruise knowing very little about cruising. I booked it as soon as I found it. I had been looking for Iceland cruises, and others offered only one or two ports. Iceland is geographically unique, and I really want a chance to explore it. With six ports, I think I will get the chance. Thus my question about the quality of the shore excursions. I have only been on two cruises, both with Celebrity, on its Eqinox, a huge ship. So I really don't know much about Silversea. I have been to the website, but free booze seems almost too good to be true. I have found out, it is true. As you can tell by cruise experience, I have never been on a small, 6 star cruise line, and I am curious about what it is like. I would appreciate any information you think is relevant.

Lesley,

I see why you booked this trip to Iceland with the amount of ports.I sail now only with Silversea and Seabourn because of what these lines offer me.I have sailed on many ships for a long time and now very few ports interest me and often stay onboard while most of the guests get off for a tour.Yes everything is included and you can do things at your pace which is not always the case on other lines.Have a great time.

Good morning, everyone. We boarded yesterday in Valpraiso. We are rockin' & rollin'. All is well. I was afraid that all the crew was on the Spirit but so far I have been thrilled to see so many "old" faces. There are only 124 Venetians and lots of "new kids". There are 230something aboard. I haven't finished snooping yet, but I like the new soft goods in our suite, carpet, upholstery and drapes. Our Butler had all our requests covered by this morning. Great dinner in La Terrazza, carpaccio and pasta. Ryan, one of my favorite chefs is in that kitchen. Haven't been to the DR yet. Will be in touch later. Wish us well in getting around the Horn!

THANKS for the details in your first report! You're looking in all of the right places and sharing the "good stuff" that's of interest to us. Keep up the good, hard work. Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

There are 230something aboard.
So the ship is not nearly full. Somehow, Silversea is much more able to take less than full ships than Oceania or other mass market ships. Perhaps it is because as an "all inclusive" ship, it does not depend on passengers' on-board expenditures.

The other point is that if as Silversea claims, it already has 70% of this year booked, and given few voyages are actually full, it will mean most Silversea guests book way ahead of time, and few are booking closer to sailing date. Is that the case?

Had a wonderful day in Puerto Montt yesterday. FYI, a very good restaurant, Club Yates, right on the water. The volcanoes were clear and the air was clear and crisp. We are back to rockin' & rollin' but Capt Pontillo just pulled under a peninsula so dinner went well. He advised that folks get flying objects off of flat surfaces. If nothing happens, he is a hero! But that is OK, he is hero anyway! Talk soon.

Archived