Connection times at various airports

fllchick

I apologize for how vague this question is, but I'm trying to sort out flights to Venice.

We've always been able to fly to Europe easily, flying out of Miami, but these flights to Venice all have lots of connections, and I'm not sure how much time I need to make sure that both me and my luggage make a connecting flight.

Can anyone provide some insight as to how much time I would need to connect in these airports? I'll be flying to/from Miami or Ft Lauderdale. It's greatly appreciated!!!!! :D

JFK

Amsterdam

Atlanta

Thanks again!!!

JFK:

American to American = 35 minutes

Delta to Delta = 45

Other 1 hour

Atlanta

Delta to Delta = 35

other 55

These are the minmum connection times from SkyGuide, published by American Express. Most would be more comfortable with a longer time.

I have a 24 hr layover in Paris and I have read there MIGHT be baggage storage at the CDG Airport? Can anyone confirm that? I just want to store the backpack I'm using as a carry on. Since this is only a layover I am guessing my checked bags will just transfer to the outbound flight.

I was so excited that I got this 24 hr layover at no charge so I can see Paris, but after reading the posts about lost luggage it might have been a BAD idea. :(

I have a 24 hr layover in Paris and I have read there MIGHT be baggage storage at the CDG Airport? Can anyone confirm that? I just want to store the backpack I'm using as a carry on. Since this is only a layover I am guessing my checked bags will just transfer to the outbound flight.

I was so excited that I got this 24 hr layover at no charge so I can see Paris, but after reading the posts about lost luggage it might have been a BAD idea. :(

We flew through DeGaulle once...and yes, they lost our luggage! We were on our way to Barcelona. Luggage arrived about 24 hours after we did, fortunately, we still had a day to spare before boarding the ship.

Presumably, you'll have to sleep somewhere, right? I can recommend this place: http://www.premiere-classe-roissy-villepinte-parc-des-expositions.fr/en/index.aspx . It's serviceable rather than charming, but it's right around the corner from the RER train station, where you can get a train both to CDG and central Paris, and at 39 Euros, the price is hard to beat!

And yeah, I'd try to see my luggage at CDG - I don't trust them one iota with transferring luggage to a 24-hour later connection.

Archived