Fresh flowers

c-leg5

Just wondering if anyone has experience of bringing fresh flowers back on the POA. We are attending a wedding on Maui and would like to bring back the bouquet and leis and wondered if this would be a problem. I am assuming people bring leis back onboard without a problem?

I have read elsewhere that there are many vendors at the piers where fresh flowers are sold. One would think it would not be a problem bringing them on board--hope not, as I'm planning to do just that! Hope others have a more definitive answer!

On our 2008 cruise our 1st port was Hilo and they have booths set up in the terminal and the prices for a small arrangment (perfect size for cabin) were priced around $10 t0 $12 I suggest you get off ship in morning purchase them from a better selection take them back to your room than waiting to buy on way back when the selections have been picked over.

I also know that NCL gift dept. picks their flowers up in Hilo as well

On our 2008 cruise our 1st port was Hilo and they have booths set up in the terminal and the prices for a small arrangment (perfect size for cabin) were priced around $10 t0 $12 I suggest you get off ship in morning purchase them from a better selection take them back to your room than waiting to buy on way back when the selections have been picked over.

The terminal vendors in Hilo will have your flowers delivered directly to your room, you do not have to take them back to the ship. Just pay for them and continue on your way.

Thanks to everyone who replied. I didn't think it should be a problem but the wedding company seemed to suggest it could be.

Then maybe the wedding company should see to it that their flowers can be brought on board. This can't be the first time for such a request to take their flowers back on board.;)

While we were driving around Maui, we passed a roadside booth with fresh flowers for sale. They Were $3.00 a bunch and all you had to do was drop your money in a small bucket and take whatever bunch you wanted. I bought a bunch for my DW,and we brought them back on the ship. They lived for the entire cruise and we hated to leave them there, but you cannot bring them off the ship or take them home. We gave them to the room steward.

Archived