Excursion in St Thomas

ccm02339

Hello, I am looking for advice for St Thomas. We are beaching it at Coco Cay and doing a zipline in St Marten, but I'd like some advice on what to book in St Thomas with our kids, boy 11 and girl 9. I am thinking maybe a boat trip with snorkeling, don't want to end up with too much of a party for the trip back though. Anyone have any great experiences to share? Thanks in advance!!!:)

We went to Trunk Bay on St. John...gorgeous beach (we didn't snorkle, even tho it was a "snorkle" trip!)...the excursion included the ferry ride to St. John, then transportation There was a bit of partying on the way back, but it wasn't rowdy, and only a few participated.

We booked with EEE tours (Henry). He took us into town and then a tour around the island. He offered a beach stop to those who wanted it. He is a very nice man with a great reputation, and my daughter who was 10 at the time enjoyed the tour very much. If we go back, we would just take a cab into town and shop and eat lunch. (The beaches look gorgeous but we had several beach days in a row and wanted to do something else.)

When we went to ST Thomas on our honeymoon cruise we loved Coki Beach. I don't know if things have changed in 10 years though! We jumped in a cab at the port and told the guy to show us around a bit and then take us to a great beach! It worked out great! Coral World is right there and the water was SO clear at Coki beach. we paid for some snorkel gear from a little stand on the beach and the guys handed us a couple of dog biscuits. We stuck them in the water and were surrounded by fish. It was amazing. I was neck deep in the water and could still clearly see my feet!

Meagan's Bay has been one of the top 100 beaches in the world for a long time!

http://virtualstthomas.com/coki/coki_non_pack_pro.html

We took an eco-adventure tour once while in St. Thomas (independently0. The trip involved kayaking, a stop at a nature park, hermit crab races, a tour/chat with a naturalist who showed us horseshoe crabs and sea urchins in the wild, and snorkeling. Really cool time!

You can find this trip on SHORETRIPS.

CeleBrat

We booked with EEE tours (Henry). He took us into town and then a tour around the island. He offered a beach stop to those who wanted it. He is a very nice man with a great reputation, and my daughter who was 10 at the time enjoyed the tour very much. If we go back, we would just take a cab into town and shop and eat lunch. (The beaches look gorgeous but we had several beach days in a row and wanted to do something else.)

We used him this past August and my DSs (11 and 5) think it was one of the best shore excursions we had. He took us to his house to eat bananas off his tree, and he knocked down a coconut, we drank the milk, and then he cut it open. We were scheduled to do the beach but the boys voted to skip it to spend more time with Henry. He is a retired cop and very nice. Can't say enough good things about him.

Archived