Thomson Destiny Xmas 2010

Ive recently returned from my 1st cruise on Thomson Destiny Coral Islands Carribean and LOVED IT. I over packed, last minute panic about what to wear but one night onboard realised what a great holiday it was.

Im now desperte to book Thomson Dream - Exotic Carribean for 23/12/10 - 8 nights and I like a few jars. List price basic is £1332 ex mcr. Once I add my AI your looking at silly money. I managed to get Thomson to £1400.00pp with £50 onboard credit pp. Is it going to go down I cant do that sort of money for a week.

What are my options for othwer cruise lines. I know you can get cheaper but I dont fancy spending a week with Americans that drink all day in port and smuggle alcohol on board cause its too expensive to drink onboard.

Im 31, sensible but do enjoy a wee dram on my holidays....I dont want to worry about cost of onboard tips and drinks anyone help me.

:o

Ive recently returned from my 1st cruise on Thomson Destiny Coral Islands Carribean and LOVED IT. I over packed, last minute panic about what to wear but one night onboard realised what a great holiday it was.

Im now desperte to book Thomson Dream - Exotic Carribean for 23/12/10 - 8 nights and I like a few jars. List price basic is £1332 ex mcr. Once I add my AI your looking at silly money. I managed to get Thomson to £1400.00pp with £50 onboard credit pp. Is it going to go down I cant do that sort of money for a week.

What are my options for othwer cruise lines. I know you can get cheaper but I dont fancy spending a week with Americans that drink all day in port and smuggle alcohol on board cause its too expensive to drink onboard.

Im 31, sensible but do enjoy a wee dram on my holidays....I dont want to worry about cost of onboard tips and drinks anyone help me.

:o

I agree - that would be silly money for me too for a 8 nt cruise - but of course it is Christmas week and prices are always sky-high for then and New Year and school holidays etc. so I don't know whether you'll find really good deals anywhere (unless you're prepared to wait for late deals - not such a good plan if you've set your heart on going!).

Unless you genuinely think you can drink that amount, perhaps it would be an idea to drop the AI and cost out your realistic bar bill ansd see if that looks better (although I can see the attraction of having AI especially over the festive season).

Sorry not to be able to offer any helpful suggestions other than going at a different time (perhaps not possible or perhaps you particularly want to go at Christmas).

Pleased you enjoyed your trip so much though and can appreciate what it is that you like about atmosphere on Thomson ships. The 'feel' on other cruise-lines can be very different but depends on what appeals to you. Anyway, hope you find something suitable - and happy planning for the next one! :)

We have just come back from P&O Ventura's Christmas and New Year cruise. Enjoyed it so much we have this week booked Thomson Destiny Caribbean Gems for next New Year as Paul's new firm has a compulsory shut-down period then anyway.

We fly from Manchester on 26th December, £1,313.50 each with All Inclusive (£99) and pre-booked cabin (£39). Yes, a lot for one week's holiday but it's an expensive time of year to fly anywhere. I looked at Island Escape to the Canaries which was about £300 cheaper (shorter flight) but potentially rougher seas/ not so hot.

We enquired today about premium seats but it's £230 extra each. I shall just buy an inflatable pillow to sit on!

Carol x

Take a look at other Thomson ships, NCL. Costa. or RC

Thomson are overpricing the Dream on most cruises, we booked for September first week it was on their site and within four weeks in had £300 added and no A1 included.

Hi,

For a few £££ more £2100, you can get a 2 week Christmas cruise on PandO's Oceana for next Xmas. Caribbean plus full transit of Panama Canal.

We were looking at the Dream for Feb. 2011, but it was coming in at £4000 for 2 weeks for 2 with A.I.

Berwyn

Hi,

For a few £££ more £2100, you can get a 2 week Christmas cruise on PandO's Oceana for next Xmas. Caribbean plus full transit of Panama Canal.

We were looking at the Dream for Feb. 2011, but it was coming in at £4000 for 2 weeks for 2 with A.I.

Berwyn

I have also come up with a silly price of nearly £5000 for the Dream for Christmas 2011 doing the Caribbean Experience, for 2 weeks for 2 with A.I. including the Premiere Seating. It does seem more expensive for the Dream at the moment.

Jenny

I have also come up with a silly price of nearly £5000 for the Dream for Christmas 2011 doing the Caribbean Experience, for 2 weeks for 2 with A.I. including the Premiere Seating. It does seem more expensive for the Dream at the moment.

Jenny

Hi Jenny,

It's crazy prices when you can get more modern ships for less.

Only reason we were looking at Dream in Caribbean was so DW can see the Mayan Ruins.

We've seen a Thomson holiday in their Faraway Shores brochure. 14 nights, 1st week touring Yucatan peninsula to see the ruins and 1 week A.I. in a Thomson platinum hotel in Cancun £3500.

Also we were booked for 2 weeks on Destiny this Sept. Moorish Delights + Mediterranean Reneissance in outside with beds in L shape. Changed it to 2 weeks on Grand Princess sailing from U.K. with free transport to Southampton.

Balcony cabin with queen size bed for £200 less. Same ports apart from Moroccan ones and after Agadir last month that's not an experience I want to repeat in a hurry.

Berwyn

Archived