Gelato in florence!

CathyCruises

I know there has been a lot said about a special gelato spot in Florence--I am here now and would love to go there if someone can tell me the name! Dr. Koob, weren,t you one of those talking about it? Leaving tomorrow or Monday--help!

Thamks

Cathy

I know there has been a lot said about a special gelato spot in Florence--I am here now and would love to go there if someone can tell me the name! Dr. Koob, weren,t you one of those talking about it? Leaving tomorrow or Monday--help!

Thamks

Cathy

Cathy, you really don't need to stress about finding a specific gelato place in Florence or anywhere in Italy, for that matter. I have had gelato in many, many places in Italy and have yet to eat one that is not absolutely delicious (and I am a gelato aficionado). Truly, you should have no problems with any of the gelato. You will love it all. Lucky!

If this helps: there is a hole in the wall cafe on the corner on the same street as a market is - famous for leather and textile goods, minutes walk from Duomo church.

Hey, I think I know that spot! On one of our stays in Florence we rented a palazzo (a fancy name for an apartment :)) near the Statue of David (I forgot the name of the street but have it written somewhere) and would stop there on our way to the Duomo (and our Internet spot). Great gelato, for sure.

Still, I have to say it again that I have yet to experience bad gelato anywhere in Italy. Also, I found that many times one spot received praise from tourists simply because it was originally listed in some guide book and then its fame seemed to snowball, obscuring many other spots with equally good or better gelato. The bottom line: it's all about your own taste buds.

Thamks

Cathy

Cathy,

We love gelato in Florence; we tried it in so many places I can't remember -- all was good!

I a pinch, you can get on the Solstice class ships:

http://www.thepreismans.com/

Click on the Solstice and scroll down to see the Cafe al Bacio & Gelateria

Enjoy!

Kel:)

We went to the trouble of tracking down the Vivoli Gelato shop in Florence when we were there on Brilliance of the Seas in August 2008..only to find they were closed because they were away on their own annual vacation!!

We are planning on giving it another try when we are back there in September.:)

BTW..we had no problem finding an alternative!

Archived