Diamond Princess Obstructed view cabins

joeyg

We have never booked an obstructed view cabin before, but the price is so good and we have been to Alaska three times before, so we will be on the deck most of the time or on our kids balconey. But has anyone had a cabin around E-403? does it have any view?

Thanks

Joe

We have never booked an obstructed view cabin before, but the price is so good and we have been to Alaska three times before, so we will be on the deck most of the time or on our kids balconey. But has anyone had a cabin around E-403? does it have any view?

Thanks

Joe

Joe;

We were on the Emerald in Oct and had E420 and were had no obstruction at all. Would do the same again; with all the $$$ you save it can go towards another cruise:D

We felt the same way last summer, and booked an obstructed view guarantee. It so happened that we lucked out and were upgraded to a regular ocean view. We would have been happy with the obstructed view for the price, since we spent most of our time on deck too. It was a cheap way to add a second Alaska cruise right after another one in a much better cabin on another ship.

Since you don't seem too worried, why don't you roll the dice and book the guarantee?

• 1 year later...

I've never been in a cabin labelled "obstructed" view before, but I am wondering if anyone out there has been on a Diamond Princess HH category cabin, what level of obstruction will I be getting ie shall I just book an inside cabin if I can't look out of the porthole!

I've never been in a cabin labelled "obstructed" view before, but I am wondering if anyone out there has been on a Diamond Princess HH category cabin, what level of obstruction will I be getting ie shall I just book an inside cabin if I can't look out of the porthole!
The HH cabins are right where the stairs are to the continuation of the promenade. E200-E203 won't be that obstructed but they won't be very private. It looks like E204 and E205 are directly behind a tender.

Here's a link to a similar thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=771597

And another thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1408245

Haven't done E403 but just had E416 on her sister ship the Sapphire and it was completely unobstructed. It was an unplanned cruise initially but my niece and I couldn't resist the $479.00 price we paid. I've sailed a couple of times in the OV cabins and had great success.

Did you try searching E403 for either the Diamond or Sapphire? Perhaps there is more specific info on that cabin.

E 403 is an E category - the highest in the obstructed OV - you will have very little obstruction.

As with all obstructed OV's, you may have crew members working outside at unpredictable times (although they usually can't see into your cabin) and the deck lights (for the promenade deck) are quite bright at night - I think the curtains will block the light, they seem quite thick, but I don't normally close them, I hate feeling shut in.

Archived