Pinnacle and Tamarind questions

sparkle56

We have booked the Pinnacle twice and Tamarind once, plus a lunch at each, on our upcoming cruise.

When one is dining in these places, is it possible to request, say, two appetizers, or a small portion of something (lobster mac and cheese).

After looking at both of the menus it won't be hard to decide on an entree and I would not order more than one of those anyway. And if I order dessert I take a bite and my DH gets the rest. So I'm not trying to take advantage, I'm just hoping to be able to have what I prefer at these meals.

At Tamarind, I would like to order the 6 pc. of sushi AND the lemongrass soup--both appetizers. That's more or less what I'm questioning here.

Has anyone ordered the wine "sampler" that is available at the Pinnacle? Worth it? Or better to just order a bottle?

Thank you.

You can definitely order more than one appetizer but the entrees are limited to one. My cousin's husband had two desserts at the Pinnacle and my DH and I shared a third appetizer one day. The gentleman at the table next to us ordered five, count 'em FIVE, appetizers and was unabashed in doing so. Not only did he do it, he wanted all five at the same time!!! The only reason we knew was because he was a complete arse to the waiter in his demand to have all five at once!

Enjoy your dinners - we certainly did!!!

The lobster mac and cheese was on the Pinnacle menu on the Eurodam this December. You can't order it as an appetizer portion only as an entree. you can have it as an additional entree for another $10. I found them to be pretty specific as to how you can order at Tamarind. They said 1 appetizer and one soup or salad. Obviously, the guy who ordered 5 appetizers didn't care.

The gentleman at the table next to us ordered five, count 'em FIVE, appetizers and was unabashed in doing so. Not only did he do it, he wanted all five at the same time!!! The only reason we knew was because he was a complete arse to the waiter in his demand to have all five at once!

Enjoy your dinners - we certainly did!!!

Wow...he must have been able to pack it away. The portions are large in the Pinnacle. I wouldn't say I'm a small eater...but I'm hard pressed to have a salad, appetizer and the entree in the Pinnacle.

Wow...he must have been able to pack it away. The portions are large in the Pinnacle. I wouldn't say I'm a small eater...but I'm hard pressed to have a salad, appetizer and the entree in the Pinnacle.

I guess so! My DH and I just stared at each other trying hard not to stare at the guy. My husband shook his head and asked me how long before the incident would end up on cruise critic!!! Well, I forgot about it until now - two months later...

I guess so! My DH and I just stared at each other trying hard not to stare at the guy. My husband shook his head and asked me how long before the incident would end up on cruise critic!!! Well, I forgot about it until now - two months later...

Too funny:D.

On our last cruise we had tablemates who regularly ordered multiple appetizers, entrees and desserts in the MDR. Upon returning to the MDR after a night at the Tamarind, they were very put out that they were not allowed to do the same for their Tamarind dinner (complaining that this should be allowed because they had paid an additional fee to eat there, etc.). I disagree, but then I also don't see the need for unlimited servings in any place other than the Lido. Just my opinion.

I did the $12 white wine flight a couple years ago in the Pinnacle and purchased the $17 white one for my April cruise. I only drink white wines (hate all reds), prefer sweeter rather than very dry, and chardonnay is my least favorite white. The $12 flight was ok - 3 of the wines were chardonnays. I'm looking forward to trying the other one next time. Last time I was the only wine drinker - next time I'm a solo, so I don't want a bottle!

Sue/WDW1972

Ryndam 4/11/10

Eurodam 3/5/11

I cannot imagine ever ordering two desserts but once witnessed someone taking nine at a buffet. Ewwwwww.

Willsot, I was not implying I wanted "all you can eat", but sometimes I prefer two appetizers (soup, salad usually) and may actually order less of an entree--at the Pinnacle I could see ordering the entree and no sides, for instance. This is not about gluttony, it is about preference at meals. . .and the fact that I am a diabetic and appetizers are more blood sugar friendly than chocolate volcano cake. I would seriously only be able to eat one or two bites of any of the desserts on the menu--which is why my DH gets to finish the ones I order.

I cannot imagine ever ordering two desserts but once witnessed someone taking nine at a buffet. Ewwwwww.

Willsot, I was not implying I wanted "all you can eat", but sometimes I prefer two appetizers (soup, salad usually) and may actually order less of an entree--at the Pinnacle I could see ordering the entree and no sides, for instance. This is not about gluttony, it is about preference at meals. . .and the fact that I am a diabetic and appetizers are more blood sugar friendly than chocolate volcano cake. I would seriously only be able to eat one or two bites of any of the desserts on the menu--which is why my DH gets to finish the ones I order.

I wasn't thinking all you can eat. I shouldn't have said unlimited. What you prefer is quite appropriate in my opinion. The people we were with last cruise didn't even eat all of their multiple orders.

I just can't see how some people can order multiple orderings of apptizers, side dishes (and main meals in the dining room) and multiple desserts and eat it all!!

I can't even finish an entire entree let alone all those other options!!

I can see it, heck, I do it at times. ;) Actually, the only doubles I usually order are main courses when there are more than one that appeals to me. The serving sizes are not that big (for me).

So noted, Terry.

I have noticed and actually traveled with people who think it is appropriate to order multiples and then leave most of it. I'm grateful to be in a position to cruise and travel but am always aware that there are people in the world who are not so fortunate and for whom those five appetizers or nine desserts are beyond anything they can dream. It's a sad reality.

My OP was pretty straightforward but I probably didn't explain enough the "why" of the question and maybe it did sound a little gross to ask it. My apologies if that is the case.

Archived