Which Dream 1A Should I Pick...

afcj1

I was just on the Dream and was fortunate enough to be in a suite. My next trip on the Dream will be solo and I'll be in a 1A:eek::(

I chose one of the rooms on the Main Deck with 2 port holes, but was wondering if I should stick with the light or get a room on a higher deck, Panorama or Vista are open. I've never been in an inside, which is why I chose the low deck, with the port holes.

Any thoughts?

We have done both, and Im torn too. We really liked the one midship deck 6 on Conquest, no windows, it was so convenient compared to forward Main deck where the port holes are. We are trying deck 7 next time. If its like Conquest class, you will have two twins on the higher midship locations (not the forward ones on deck 6). So, you might wind up with a king bed, not sure on the Dream. We liked being able to walk by after dinner on the way to the theater for a pit stop without going out of our way.

Take the port holes. I like the motion and you'll get used to the thrusters when pulling into port or maybe not.

The ones on higher decks tend to be next to launderettes or other less desirable areas or are modified cabins, which you might like.

You should cruise more and try all of them and then you'll know what works best for you. No two people are the same and even one person might flip flop between the choices.

I was next to the laundry mat and never once heard noise from it. Was a great location.

I think the trusters/azipods are in the back right?? The anchors in the front make noise.

I could be wrong of course. As I said I like both. I loved the port hole cabin, very roomy lay out, but the other was sure convenient.

I was just on the Dream and was fortunate enough to be in a suite. My next trip on the Dream will be solo and I'll be in a 1A:eek::(

I chose one of the rooms on the Main Deck with 2 port holes, but was wondering if I should stick with the light or get a room on a higher deck, Panorama or Vista are open. I've never been in an inside, which is why I chose the low deck, with the port holes.

Any thoughts?

Just got off Dream yesterday, had 11269 (1A h'cap). It was a great location. Just a few steps to atrium elevators and just as close to the balcony overlooking Lido & the big screen. Hardly any movement & we had some very rough days. If you are concerned about an insde room , no window or porthole, put the tv on the channel showing a view from the webcam - just as good as a window. A friend had 1A cabin 2367 & was very happy with it. The cabins were the same with 2 exceptions. The handicapped cabin had a much larger shower area with a fold down stool & grab bars. The regular 1A had more closet space.

Take the port holes. I like the motion and you'll get used to the thrusters when pulling into port or maybe not.

The ones on higher decks tend to be next to launderettes or other less desirable areas or are modified cabins, which you might like.

I agree with the port hole suggestion. I was in 2217 recently, and will be in that same cabin again next month. Later this year will swap over to 2216 (the mirror image cabin). Really enjoyed my port hole cabin on this ship. :)

1A cabin 2217 (Main Deck) on Carnival Dream . . .

2892149820103861232S600x600Q85.jpg

2174335010103861232S600x600Q85.jpg

I hope that helps. :)

Just got off Dream yesterday, had 11269 (1A h'cap). It was a great location. Just a few steps to atrium elevators and just as close to the balcony overlooking Lido & the big screen. Hardly any movement & we had some very rough days. If you are concerned about an insde room , no window or porthole, put the tv on the channel showing a view from the webcam - just as good as a window. A friend had 1A cabin 2367 & was very happy with it. The cabins were the same with 2 exceptions. The handicapped cabin had a much larger shower area with a fold down stool & grab bars. The regular 1A had more closet space.

I'm booked in this room in April. How is the layout? Can the 2 beds be pushed together? Did you take any pictures of the room? If so, I would love to see them. My email is Pooh1234(at)nb(dot)sympatico(dot)com

Thanks so much for the review of the room.

Joanne

I agree with the port hole suggestion. I was in 2217 recently, and will be in that same cabin again next month. Later this year will swap over to 2216 (the mirror image cabin). Really enjoyed my port hole cabin on this ship. :)

1A cabin 2217 (Main Deck) on Carnival Dream . . .

2892149820103861232S600x600Q85.jpg

2174335010103861232S600x600Q85.jpg

I hope that helps. :)

I agree Don.....Take the portholes. Love them......

do any of the other 1a rooms near this room have same beds. most have bunk beds dont they instead of king?

Very few on conquest class or higher have bunk beds actually.

First two decks have one twin and one convertible sofa I am sure on Conquest. On mid deck 6, 7 and 8, those are all twin beds that push together on Conquest. The two forward on deck 6 I dont know about.

Thanks for all of your views. I've got 2216 right now, but kept wondering about being higher up and mid-ship.

Don - thanks for the pics. I think I'l stick with the port holes:) Heck, I'll be on the Dream and CAN'T go wrong;)

Would you mind posting some pics? I have this cabin on an upcoming cruise!

Why?

Smallest of the 1A cabins on this ship, and the layout was kinda odd.

Checking on that particular cabin became a stupid compulsion of mine even before my cruise on Carnival Dream, since it looks so strange on the printed deck plans. At embarkation I ran to check it out.

Smallest of the 1A cabins on this ship, and the layout was kinda odd.

Checking on that particular cabin became a stupid compulsion of mine even before my cruise on Carnival Dream, since it looks so strange on the printed deck plans. At embarkation I ran to check it out.

Thanks, I will keep that in mind when I book. The pictures of the one you posted sure do look nice.

Would you mind posting some pics? I have this cabin on an upcoming cruise!

On which cruise do you have this cabin booked? I'm sailing the same week as you and I've got this room booked. haha

Joanne

Archived