Which Dream 1A Should I Pick...

afcj1

I'm booked in this room in April. How is the layout? Can the 2 beds be pushed together? Did you take any pictures of the room? If so, I would love to see them. My email is Pooh1234(at)nb(dot)sympatico(dot)com

Thanks so much for the review of the room.

Joanne

Tne beds are an upper and a lower so no, they can't be pushed together.

There is a free sauna.

I stayed in 7345 on Valor which is next to a laundry room and never again. Lots of racket from next door. Splendor and Dream have more passengers but fewer launderettes so the potential for noise is even greater.

Iv got that one booked in Sept, so I may change my mind. We did the one next to the laundry on deck 6 last Sept. We could have just been lucky. Its not really my first pick, its my sister's.

Iv got that one booked in Sept, so I may change my mind. We did the one next to the laundry on deck 6 last Sept. We could have just been lucky. Its not really my first pick, its my sister's.

Kind of the luck of the draw I suppose - The doors are supposed to be closed and I think security is supposed to lock the them at 10pm but on that cruise didn't and people were chatting in the hallway all hours once or twice during the cruise.

The cabin itself was nice.

Kind of the luck of the draw I suppose - The doors are supposed to be closed and I think security is supposed to lock the them at 10pm but on that cruise didn't and people were chatting in the hallway all hours once or twice during the cruise.

I didn't attempt to use the self-service laundry onboard Carnival Dream "after hours" so I'm clueless about them locking those doors at a certain time, but for both of my sailings on Carnival Freedom, the doors were never locked, and numerous times when I passed by there were people chatting in that area, while waiting their turn to use the iron, or one of the machines.

There was a sign on the door requesting Quiet, probably because it's a known "gathering area" outside those neighboring cabins.

2464637410103861232S600x600Q85.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
I agree with the port hole suggestion. I was in 2217 recently, and will be in that same cabin again next month. Later this year will swap over to 2216 (the mirror image cabin). Really enjoyed my port hole cabin on this ship. :)

1A cabin 2217 (Main Deck) on Carnival Dream . . .

2892149820103861232S600x600Q85.jpg

2174335010103861232S600x600Q85.jpg

I hope that helps. :)

Did you hear any noise from the stage on the deck above you in this cabn?

Janie:

No, I luckily did not hear anything coming from the theatre area overhead during the time I was in my cabin (and especially during sleeping times).

Now, I wish the same could be said for the possible noise intrusion from neighboring cabins. When Carnival Dream first started sailing, there were several people online who stated that there seemed to be less insulation than other CCL ships. I may be wrong as well, but I tend to agree.

On the very first day, a few hours after embarkation, my neighbors were having a conversation that I'm absolutely certain they did not intend to have anyone else hear. :eek: .So, I just let out one rather strong cough, which was my little hint that "if you can hear me then I can hear you". It seemed to do the trick. I never once saw them in person for the entire 9-day sailing, so that worked out well. :)

There is a free sauna.

I stayed in 7345 on Valor which is next to a laundry room and never again. Lots of racket from next door. Splendor and Dream have more passengers but fewer launderettes so the potential for noise is even greater.

I think it jusst be the cruise...I had 7345 on the Valor in Nov and did not have a lot of racket.

Love my 1A with portholes had one on my first Valor have one booked on the Destiny one for my Liberty trip one for my Freedom trip and one for my Magic trip. I ususally try for the portholes, other wise like 7th floor 1A if I can't get my porthole 1As.

I agree with the port hole suggestion. I was in 2217 recently, and will be in that same cabin again next month. Later this year will swap over to 2216 (the mirror image cabin). Really enjoyed my port hole cabin on this ship. :)

1A cabin 2217 (Main Deck) on Carnival Dream . . .

2892149820103861232S600x600Q85.jpg

2174335010103861232S600x600Q85.jpg

I hope that helps. :)

Hey Don, I'm in this cabin on my April B2B :D Thanks for posting the pics! It looks great!!!

2 quick questions - what was the motion like? and,

not sure if you shared the cabin or not but if you did, or anyone else who can answer, did they make the 2nd bed back up into a couch during the day or did it stay made up as a bed the entire time.

Thanks,

anjoliza:

Because of the forward placement of the cabin, motion can naturally be an issue, but really wasn't the case on the 12/3 sailing. I'm also very fortunate to not be affected by motion sickness at all.

I was cruising solo, so the sofa was never used as bedding. I do know that the cabin steward will ask if you want the sofa to remain as a bed throughout the day, otherwise he/she will put the cushions back into "sofa mode" each morning.

Enjoy your April sailing!! :)

anjoliza:

Because of the forward placement of the cabin, motion can naturally be an issue, but really wasn't the case on the 12/3 sailing. I'm also very fortunate to not be affected by motion sickness at all.

I was cruising solo, so the sofa was never used as bedding. I do know that the cabin steward will ask if you want the sofa to remain as a bed throughout the day, otherwise he/she will put the cushions back into "sofa mode" each morning.

Enjoy your April sailing!! :)

Thanks Don!! I have been known to get motion sickness but generally it has been pretty good. A few cruises ago I discovered the ginger pill route and haven't had any problem but I have never been this far forward before so am a little leery. I will take lots of precautionary measures and I'm sure it will be fine!!

My sister might be joining me on the cruise, hence the sofa question!!:)

Lucky you get to cruise the Dream again before I do!!! Take good care of that room, eh!!! ;) :rolleyes:

Lucky you get to cruise the Dream again before I do!!! Take good care of that room, eh!!! ;) :rolleyes:

Anette!!!!!!!! i wanted to hijack this thread to say hiiiiii and still upset we're not going on the Dream this year! :( but at least we're doing a 3 day...cant imagine not doing anything! :cool:

Anette!!!!!!!! i wanted to hijack this thread to say hiiiiii and still upset we're not going on the Dream this year! :( but at least we're doing a 3 day...cant imagine not doing anything! :cool:

Hey Eric!!!! You will be missed on the Dream!! One of these years we'll end up on the same ship at the same time :D

Your 3-day will be great, as you say, at least you are cruising!!! and hey, you live in FLA and will have lots of chances to pick up last minute cruises!! That is a little hard to do when you have to fly in!

and hey, don't be a stranger to the rollcall, pop in and say hi anytime!

• 4 weeks later...

Welp, we are neighbors no more. CCL pulled my cabin from me as they needed it for a handicap person.

They put me in a 4b (an upgrade they say), but I saw a 1a with portholes open up so i asked them to re-downgrade me! lol!

On which cruise do you have this cabin booked? I'm sailing the same week as you and I've got this room booked. haha

Joanne

Hi jdbmga: I was trying to get you to answer a question for me yesterday. You weren't online. Firefly tried to help the best he could. I was getting ready to book cabin #7345 on the Glory for November. The thread titled 1A raved about some of the rooms which are larger but still have beds that can be pushed together. I read your post where you said you kids were in THAT room. (Everyone else was in or around that room on another ship) Anyway, I bit the bullet and booked it last night. Please, please reassure me that the room is great and the beds can be pushed together. I had left you a question about noise but you have answered it here on this thread. Thanks for your response.:D

P.S. The cruise consultant I worked with couldn't guarantee the beds were not upper/lower or that the cabin was a little larger.

Hi jdbmga: I was trying to get you to answer a question for me yesterday. You weren't online. Firefly tried to help the best he could. I was getting ready to book cabin #7345 on the Glory for November. The thread titled 1A raved about some of the rooms which are larger but still have beds that can be pushed together. I read your post where you said you kids were in THAT room. (Everyone else was in or around that room on another ship) Anyway, I bit the bullet and booked it last night. Please, please reassure me that the room is great and the beds can be pushed together. I had left you a question about noise but you have answered it here on this thread. Thanks for your response.:D

P.S. The cruise consultant I worked with couldn't guarantee the beds were not upper/lower or that the cabin was a little larger.

Sorry, I didn't see your post last night. Yes, the beds were separated for my kids (two twins on the floor) but when we were leaving on debarkation day we noticed that they had been pushed together to make a King. The next guests must have been a couple. I think the room seemed a little larger than the regular insides we saw glancing in them while they were being cleaned. I can let you know for sure if it's bigger than a regular inside as we booked the kids in #7342 this July on the Valor so we could be on the port side. (We are in a balcony across the hall)

Hi jdb

Just knowing there were two twins on the floor and not up/down bunks is good enough for me. When you get a chance, would you please look at this thread which shows Firefly's pictures of 6393. Did it look like this with the wider entryway?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1145985&page=2

Thanks for all of your help.

Hi jdb

Just knowing there were two twins on the floor and not up/down bunks is good enough for me. When you get a chance, would you please look at this thread which shows Firefly's pictures of 6393. Did it look like this with the wider entryway?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1145985&page=2

Thanks for all of your help.

Yes, that is exactly what #7345 on the Glory looks like.

Debbie: Thanks so much for taking the time to answer all of my questions. We haven't been on Carnival for our last eight cruises or so, so if I can answer an NCL question for you, let me know.

Hopefully, the passengers on the Imagination on 3/12 and the Glory on 11/28 will be as wonderful as the people on the Carnival CC Boards:)

Debbie: Thanks so much for taking the time to answer all of my questions. We haven't been on Carnival for our last eight cruises or so, so if I can answer an NCL question for you, let me know.

Hopefully, the passengers on the Imagination on 3/12 and the Glory on 11/28 will be as wonderful as the people on the Carnival CC Boards:)

So glad I could help. :) I've gotten a lot of great information on these boards so I'm glad when I can return the favor. :D

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived