newport,ri

macfin

if anybody need anything answered about Newport,ri, just ask, currently live here for the past 6 years and vacationed here since childhood...can offer advice and transportation questions to and from cruise dock to mansions.....and best places to eat and shop.....let me know.........

if anybody need anything answered about Newport,ri, just ask, currently live here for the past 6 years and vacationed here since childhood...can offer advice and transportation questions to and from cruise dock to mansions.....and best places to eat and shop.....let me know.........

Would it be possible to just pick up a cab to go to the Breakers instead of booking a ship excursion? Also what about returning?

Yes, you could take a taxi to the Breakers. Since the streets in the tender dock area are usually congested with tour buses, I would suggest walking one block north along America's Cup Ave to the Newport Visitor's Center where you'll find taxis. You can always call for a taxi when you are finished at the Breakers.

You could also take a bus to the Breakers. You could board at the NVC. There is a route that unloads & loads passengers almost in front of the Breakers. You can take a bus route # 67 to and from the Breakers. Here is a link to RIPTA schedules: http://www.ripta.com/schedules/view.php

The Breakers is approx. 2.2 miles from the tender dock.

Enjoy your cruise and Newport.

SBtS

• 2 weeks later...

yes...you can do this via cab from vistor center or bus to breakers, also i can give you a number of a very good local tour operator...remember i live here and not in CT....

• 2 months later...

Thanks for being a resource.

We will be on the Crown Princess in Newport on Sunday, 10/24 from 9 to 6.

We have been to the Breakers, Marble House and the Elms.

What other(s) would you recommend. Could you recommend a private tour for 8 persons?

Are the Mansions open on Sunday at this time of year?

Thanks in advance,

Charles

• 4 weeks later...

Archived