Balcony divider question

Krissta

So I know you have to ask them to open it, but what if you don't want it open all the time? DH and I are cruising on the Freedom with three friends, and we have balconies next to each other. I just think it's not cool that the divider will ruin one of our views and there's the whole privacy issue as well. ;)

So is there a way to close and open it easily once it's been unlocked? Like a bungee cord or something?

Maam,

Having adjacent cabins with added balconies is a nice benefit when with a group which does not mind open doors.

If your tip your cabin boy well I think he will be able to bring the door key/lock device frequently. Otherwise having those b-doors ajar is not really safe.

I do hope you have a great cruise and may calm seas and good health be yours.

;)

So I know you have to ask them to open it, but what if you don't want it open all the time? DH and I are cruising on the Freedom with three friends, and we have balconies next to each other. I just think it's not cool that the divider will ruin one of our views and there's the whole privacy issue as well. ;)

So is there a way to close and open it easily once it's been unlocked? Like a bungee cord or something?

We had three rooms next two each other on the Miracle and had the balcony doors opened. They clamped the door to the railing to keep it open. If the Freedom is the same way, you will not be able to close the doors as you wish.

When we wanted privacy, we just closed our curtains. No one will be able to see in.

It was nice having the really wide balcony and the doors did not get in the way of the view too much.

Having to keep your drapes closed really defeats the purpose of a balcony! I'd rather keep the dividers in place, and invite folks over at my request! I LIKE my privacy!

See, I'm thinking the same thing. We're on the Panorama deck, and I'm in 1066, right next to the outside doors, so worst case scenario, we all go out there and party. lol

Having to keep your drapes closed really defeats the purpose of a balcony! I'd rather keep the dividers in place, and invite folks over at my request! I LIKE my privacy!

It's not like you need privacy the entire length of the cruise!

Archived