Independence Ship Time/Shore Time

mrstay

For anyone that has recently sailed the IOS, does the Captain keep the ships time Eastern Time Zone the entire time, or does it switch it to Central time for Mexico/Belize ports? I know it is up to each captain as to which he chooses. Looking for the answer from someone who has sailed in the past month. Thanks.

For anyone that has recently sailed the IOS, does the Captain keep the ships time Eastern Time Zone the entire time, or does it switch it to Central time for Mexico/Belize ports? I know it is up to each captain as to which he chooses. Looking for the answer from someone who has sailed in the past month. Thanks.

Yes the time changes. Your stateroom attendant will leave a laminated card on your bed to remind you to set it forward - you'll like that night - an extra hour of sleep, and then to set it back - that night - not so much:o

Anyone know if they do this on the Eastern? From EST to AST (Atlantic Standard for St Thomas, St Maarten, and Puerto Rico) and back?

I have seen recent Eastern Compasses with no mention of a time change.

Thanks!:)

Archived