D8 - ?

Summergee

Yes it is possible to be upgraded from a D8, On one T/A I was upgraded to an obstructed balconey from a D8, one other time to an Atrium view cabin, and one other time to an outside from an inside cabin.

Yes I have often had an upgrade from Gth D8-D7. Upgrade are within the catergory, viz inside to inside.

For instance I went from a Gty D8 to a cabin high in the atrium. For May B2B2B (May 21-June 7) I have gone from a D7 to a D2 (upgrade last Monday, my agent did some work on my behalf, as original booking I would have to change cabins twice in the 17 days all D7"s Now I have the same cabin for all 17 days). Of course I am very pleased with the upgrade.

I have no problem with D8/7/ or what have you inside cabins, but then I travel solo,so like to be out an about with people. I am sure your son's will want to be out and about also, and will not mind the "inside" aspect.

One good thing re inside, is that you can have a 'nap' even mid afternoon without being disturbed by day light. in fact you might want an alarm clock so tht you do not oversleep!

Have fun

Lynn

We have just booked a b2b ta for this summer and our grown up sons have a D8 guarantee. Has anyone had an upgrade from a D8 and, if so, to what?

I am assuming you are sailing on the QM2. If so, there are very few D8 cabins. I believe only six or seven. Your chances of getting an upgrade are quite good. We have had D8 guarantees twice. The first time, we were upgraded to one of the in hull balconies on deck 5. It was a B cabin but I don't remember the number. The second time, we were upgraded to an inside cabin on deck 10. That was probably a D2 or a D3.

I'm sure you and your sons will have an fabulous voyage no matter what cabins you have.

Beth

Archived