P&O Dinner Tables for two

transat_jon

We are thinking of a P&O cruise in the next year but there is one stipulation : my girl friend, for her own reasons, does not want to share a table with strangers.

How can we ensure a table for two for dinner with P&O? If you specify it in your booking will you get one or can you contact / email the ship to request it after you have made your booking?

Specify when you book your cruise and when you get on board go to see the Head Waiter at around 3pm and see if you are on a table for two. If not just ask they usually get what you want.

Please remember that there are very few tables for two people though.

Hope you enjoy your cruise.

Unfortunately, you cannot be guaranteed a table for 2. We usually go for tables for 8 and always find someone we can talk to. However, if you do find yourself in the position of sharing and not wishing to if you go on a ship like the new Arcadia there are going to be alternative dining places, some of which you will have to pay a supplemental charge, but you will be guaranteed a table for two. Please don't let something like this put you off - as far as I am concerned cruising is better than any land based holiday.

Quite agree with the last post, this is where you can meet up with people and yes if you have a large table then you will find someone that you get on with, after all this is part of the cruise.

Rex

Sorry, but this where I disagree as it is the major reason why we choose Princess over P & O. We love Personal Choice (anytime we want to dine and with whom) Dining and want a table for 2 simply because my wife is deaf and finds trying to make meaningful conversation with strangers in a noisy environment extremely stressful. If only P & O would introduce Personal Choice Dining we would be there like a shot - if only.

We are not being unsociable just practical. I am sure that there are others who feel the same way.

Until then the weak $ and a US TA is saving us a fortune!! But that's another story.

Peter

• 2 weeks later...

The only way to be sure is to book early - in other words the day booking starts. We booked early on our last two cruises (Aurora & Oceana) and had tables for two on both.

We made our booking for Arcadia on the 2nd of June with Bolsover Cruise Club, with the lines at P & O opening on the 8th June. So I should say we'll get a table for two, I quote part of a written reply from P & O -

'As you may be aware the Restaurant Manager arranges the allocation of restaurant seating and this is reserved by strict date of booking order'

At first I had a suspicion that seating was arranged by cabin grade, but a look tonight at P & O's new online booking thing shows clearly that the high end cabins sell out first, and thus get the table they request.

Good luck

David & Chelsie

• 2 weeks later...

P & O are obligated by law to adher to "special medical conditions" and if your partner is stressed due to forced social situations, simply list her deafness as a medical condition and request a table for two on that same line (of the booking form).

They HAVE to give you that OR refuse your booking. Keep a copy of the booking form if accepted and take it onboard and go see your maitre'd for the allocated restaurant WITH THE FORM as soon as you board to ensure this simple condition is met.

If it is not met, then go see the Cruise Director and show them the form. Cruise Directors call the shots and if necessary can move you to the other restaurant as a last resort.

Thats all you have to do - remember THEY are there to serve you (within reason) and make your cruise as much fun as possible. Remember to list it as a medical condition requiring this special accomodation.

Dont miss out on a great experience over this one hurdle, P & O ARE considerate and will help you with this.

good luck - book as early as you can for best results.

Archived