Can I ask a favour of upcoming Legend or Spirit class passengers?

jtdlmc

I have booked an obstructed view cabin (5191) on the Legend. In all deck plans it looks like the lifeboat is only blocking part of the view - it looks like on half the balcony you could see directly down to the water. This cabin is located at the last lifeboat in the first group of lifeboats. Would someone please take a relatively close up picture of this last lifeboat area from the outside of the ship (it'd be awesome if you could get inside the cabin and take pictures - lol!!!). I have seen many pics of the outside of the ship but can never see this particular area and have heard differing opinions as to the location of the lifeboat. It's really no big deal if we can't see the water but with over a year to go, I'll be wondering for a long time! I would really appreciate it. My email address is clipper2001@gmail.com.

We booked 5190 for the end of Feb but just asked for an upgrade last night, we did get one for only $62 total for all 4 of us. We went from cat 7A to cat 8D. I noticed that Carnival is having a sale..free upgrade to Cat 8k, wish I would have known last night, cat 8k is an extended balcony. Oh well wasn't meant to be....have fun :)

We booked 5190 for the end of Feb but just asked for an upgrade last night, we did get one for only $62 total for all 4 of us. We went from cat 7A to cat 8D. I noticed that Carnival is having a sale..free upgrade to Cat 8k, wish I would have known last night, cat 8k is an extended balcony. Oh well wasn't meant to be....have fun :)

Sorry, this is all new to me. I have read lots about the upsell call people get from Carnival but you say you asked for an upgrade. How did you go about doing this?

Also since you had booked 5190 do you know if the one end of the balcony is obstruction free?

From what my TA said there should be a partial gap at the end, but it is definately obsturcted.

For the Upgrade: I first emailed carnival, only to be told that they can't help me b/c I booked through a travel agency. So, I called my TA and asked for an upsell. The week we are going is far from sold out, so I figured it was worth a try and it sure did pay off!

No harm trying! Good luck and enjoy your cruise :)

Here is a picture from the Spirit of cabin 5168. It should be somewhat similar.

2028689880103317585S600x600Q85.jpg

I notice that this cabin is connecting to room 5166. Is that door that is open the connecting door? I'm just trying to get a feel for how much of the view is 5168 and how much is 5166.

We have 5177 and 5175 which is very similar to your setup. But these rooms are not connecting. I'm hoping to get the divider removed upon boarding.

Maggie

The dividers can't be removed. On the spirit class ships they clamp to the railing. As soon as you board the ship make your first stop at the pursers desk. You must have one person from each cabin to request to have the divider opened, and they only open a specific number on each sailing. Here is a picture of them doing ours on the Legend; they did not do it until our first morning at sea.

2950381990064948802S600x600Q85.jpg

2399457940064948802S600x600Q85.jpg

If it is possible to change your cabin w/o getting charged, I would do it. Cabins 5142-5167 are behind the tenders sit higher and partially block the view. The rest are ok.

Here is a picture looking out of cabin 5177.

Cabin5177lookingstraight.jpg

Here is a picture looking to the right of cabin 5177.

Cabin5177lookingright.jpg[/img]

Here is a picture looking towards cabin 5191. As you said you won't be able to look down at the water, but you will be overlooking the lifeboat. The real problem that you have is that you will be looking into a wall to the right.

Cabin5191.jpg[/img]

Archived