The NEW I Work in Port Canaveral Thread!

psblin99

UPDATE MAY 14, 2010 ----PLEASE NOTE NEW HOURS PLUS AN ADDED BONUS IF YOU MENTION THIS BOARD

The Surf Bar & Grill located at 2 South Atlantic Avenue (A1A), Cocoa Beach, Fla

phone number 321-783-2401

This was another favorite places of the original 7 astronauts and they have a number of collector items displayed from the Space Center Launches.

they have fine casual dining and they open at 11 Am

Happy hour from 11AM TO 7:00PM. They also have a private banquet room.

If you mention that you saw this information on this board, you will receive a free dessert. REMEMBER YOU MUST MENTION THIS BOARD ALSO IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, YOU MAY ASK FOR GENE KOLSCH THE GM

http://www.surfbarandgrill.com

Really stupid question--how do i find post#5?!?!? am dying to see it but don't see it on page one of this page. help please???

Go to the first page of this thread. To do this you must first scroll down to the bottom right of this page, there is a button for page selection, click on "First". Each post has a # at the top right of the post (this post is #228). Scroll down to #5. Happy reading!

Edited by canadianfam

Thanks for the directions. The only problem is that the page your message is on is marked 'first' and i don't see any # 5 on it! do i need to go to another such as florida east coast? sorry to be such a dunce! appreciate your help!

Thanks for the directions. The only problem is that the page your message is on is marked 'first' and i don't see any # 5 on it! do i need to go to another such as florida east coast? sorry to be such a dunce! appreciate your help!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1119114

go to that link and then scroll down a bit til you see #5 in the right hand corner that is the post they are talking about:)

So, the format I must have set up is that page 1 is actually the last page! DUH!!!! anyway, did find the awesome post and have it safely filed away! and thanks again SOOOO much for being kind to me! and using a smiley face, too!!! maybe i'll get this fabulous tool figured out eventually!

So, the format I must have set up is that page 1 is actually the last page! DUH!!!! anyway, did find the awesome post and have it safely filed away! and thanks again SOOOO much for being kind to me! and using a smiley face, too!!! maybe i'll get this fabulous tool figured out eventually!

If and when you have time or maybe do a search, you will find updates since post can not be edited on this board - will try to update the old up and post it as soon as I can.

The information can help you in most aspects and you won't feel so lost in a strange town.

Anyhow enjoy and welcome aboard

Hi Shirley- we just returned from the FOS yesterday, the cruise was amazing!!

We used Mike from VIP limo. Thanks so much for the info. He picked us up a few minutes after we cleared customs and took the three of us to Orlando Airport in a towncar for our return flight home. We will use him again!! He was a super nice guy!! Thanks again. Jill

Hi Shirley- we just returned from the FOS yesterday, the cruise was amazing!!

We used Mike from VIP limo. Thanks so much for the info. He picked us up a few minutes after we cleared customs and took the three of us to Orlando Airport in a towncar for our return flight home. We will use him again!! He was a super nice guy!! Thanks again. Jill

Glad it all worked out for you and hope your cruise was amazing ;-))

Come back and see us ok?

shirlely and preston, thanks for all your hard work over the years, you will be missed. you were the ones that got us thru our first encounters with the port and hotels, we will always be thankfull for you help... retirement is great every day a new adventure enjoy

shirlely and preston, thanks for all your hard work over the years, you will be missed. you were the ones that got us thru our first encounters with the port and hotels, we will always be thankfull for you help... retirement is great every day a new adventure enjoy

Preston is retiring but I don't believe that has happened yet and he does stop in and says hello - Preston is one of the good guys and he is the one responsible for beginning the help for everyone - I am here to fill in and help when I can - glad that we could help when you were planning your cruise here - its so good to have a safe zone and safe zone information.

I really believe if this was done for every port, cruisers would have less problems and less concern of getting lost etc - I am really very thankful that CC does allow this thread to continue - my wish though would be to allow editing so updates wouldn't have to be posted. Maybe they will read my wish for it sure would make things so much easier.

Am leaving for my hometown of Key West today - Norm and I are going to a Conch Block party which will be starting tomorrow - nothing like it - where we all get to meet, talk about old times when KW really was a paradise, watch all the dancing, eat food we grew up on - yep its conga time - see ya when we get back and hold the fort down for us ok?

Hugssssssss

Shirley

Am leaving for my hometown of Key West today - Norm and I are going to a Conch Block party which will be starting tomorrow - nothing like it - where we all get to meet, talk about old times when KW really was a paradise, watch all the dancing, eat food we grew up on - yep its conga time - see ya when we get back and hold the fort down for us ok?

Hugssssssss

Shirley

I'm hoping and praying that KW is "oil free" from the disaster in the Gulf. I heard on the news that some was beginning to come in. Enjoy your trip home and give us a report when you get back!

Marsha

I'm hoping and praying that KW is "oil free" from the disaster in the Gulf. I heard on the news that some was beginning to come in. Enjoy your trip home and give us a report when you get back!

Marsha

Hello Marsha,

Believe it or not so far as good - we have always had problems with tar/oil balls ever since I could remember. I too am hoping that it doesn't get to the curve of the keys for then it will be in the position to affect the whole Southeast coast and it is bad enough for those already affected by it. Key West was great although I did find cost had gone up sky high.

Still had a great time checking everything out :-)).

as always

me

Shirley, YIPPEE:.) a Conch Party Have a wonderful time

The Conch block party was great and relaxing - the block party was set up on about 4 or 5 blocks with food that we grew up with everywhere - the music was typical of the conchs and seeing old friends and family was even better also there is over a thousand or so that get together once a year in Clearwater - our oldest conch that attends is about 96 years old now and makes it a point to chat about when Key West was really a true paradise to live in - we were 150 miles from the mainland so news was always slow getting to us and all of our food came from the ocean. Thanks for the input - it was great to get away if only for a few days.

Hugssssss

I'll be on the Freedom of the Seas in July and I'm trying to make reservations for a shuttle or town car. I'm close to booking with Cocoa Beach Shuttle, but I've read some horrible reviews about them after doing some research. Can anyone reassure me that they'll actually be there to pick me up? Should I just book a town car?

Thanks in advance for your help!

I'll be on the Freedom of the Seas in July and I'm trying to make reservations for a shuttle or town car. I'm close to booking with Cocoa Beach Shuttle, but I've read some horrible reviews about them after doing some research. Can anyone reassure me that they'll actually be there to pick me up? Should I just book a town car?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Go to the first page of this thread and look at post #5 so that you can have choices before any decisions are made - also look at update post which will give other choices.

you can even go to search and put in the names of shuttles service and it will give you input that you are requesting. The only OP I will give is to check out all choices before settling on one.

Good luck and let us know how you make out ok?

Hi Shirley- I ended up booking with Mike at VIP Limo. He was great on the phone and totally sold it for me. I'll report back as soon as we return. Thanks for all of the great info!!!

Hi Shirley- I ended up booking with Mike at VIP Limo. He was great on the phone and totally sold it for me. I'll report back as soon as we return. Thanks for all of the great info!!!

Sometimes it pays to go with companies that are smaller and are able to give one on one service - this is why I said to check out all options on all the transportation offered here.

Do let us know how it goes for you and ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Always

Shirley

PS there are no strings attached when I suggest different places/different companies/hotels/ etc - these are just my own OP and in no way would I recommend just one place without adding other options. I need to follow the rules of CC so that it is made possible for me to help those that are coming here and feel like fish out of the water.

Always try to keep each and all in a "feel like safe zone" without sounding I am promoting anyone etc. OK? Thanks for the understand and also from the huge support of the board of CC who have been great with allowing me to help you so must respect all that is require of me.

Hugsssssss

Shirley

Does anyone know anything about the 2 bedroom suites at this hotel? Are they located across the street from the standard hotel rooms?

We stayed in one of these suites last October, yes they are across the street from the standard rooms in a separate building, breakfast was served in this building every morning. Main door to this building was kept locked at all times. We were very pleased with this hotel.

Always try to keep each and all in a "feel like safe zone" without sounding I am promoting anyone etc. OK? Thanks for the understand and also from the huge support of the board of CC who have been great with allowing me to help you so must respect all that is require of me.

Hugsssssss

Shirley

AND WE THANK YOU VERY MUCH and APPRECIATE your UPDATEs too:)