The NEW I Work in Port Canaveral Thread!

psblin99

Hello Jon,

Drop Bud a note since he is the gm for CI&S and he will let you know for sure, but I agreed with psbcap but Bud can confirm it one way or the other

good luck

bud.burch@countryinns.com

Thanks, I have sent an email, but my wife tends to be leaning toward renting a car. What the wife wants......

Has anyone used Cocoa Beach Shuttle in recent weeks/months? I reserved to have them take us from the port to MCO after our cruise but am not a little leary after reading reviews.

If anyone has any other suggestions I am all ears too! Thanks :)

I have not heard much about them lately, nor have I seen them around town much. They did get some bad press on these boards. You might wnat to check out the link on one of Shirleys posts for more info.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showp...&postcount=862

Edited by psbcap

We used them last October we read all the bad reports about them before we arrived but as we had used them before decided to stay with them, we were very happy with the service they provided. Our flight was over 2 hours late in arriving and then we were not allowed off the plane as the immigration hall was so congested so in all we were 3 hours late in arriving but hey they were there waiting for us. We have now booked them for this October.

Hi Preston and Shirley

I wonder if you could help me I am looking at hiring a car for the day (well afternoon and evening) when we are in Port Canaveral on the NCL Jewel in June. On the car hire sites I have been looking at the closing times seem to be 5.30 is there any way of returning the car later than this, or is this the only option?

We want to have a look around the area and visit Walmart and any other shops we have time for on our stop, need to stock up on essentials and bits and pieces we love to take home from the USA. Alos our granddaughter will love a play in the sand and paddle in the sea if the weather is good.

Thanks, Kathy

Hi Preston and Shirley

I wonder if you could help me I am looking at hiring a car for the day (well afternoon and evening) when we are in Port Canaveral on the NCL Jewel in June. On the car hire sites I have been looking at the closing times seem to be 5.30 is there any way of returning the car later than this, or is this the only option?

We want to have a look around the area and visit Walmart and any other shops we have time for on our stop, need to stock up on essentials and bits and pieces we love to take home from the USA. Alos our granddaughter will love a play in the sand and paddle in the sea if the weather is good.

Thanks, Kathy

Kathy I know Avis and maybe others have a drop box. You park the car record the mileage and put the keys and contract in the box. I have done it many times myself. I also include my email address and they send me a receipt. Then call a cab who will take you the short ride to the ship.

I'd love to hear how this shuttle has worked for others. We will not be arriving until the evening and my understanding is that we can't sign up for a shuttle time until check in. I am interested in a 11:00ish shuttle time, but am concerned those earlier times may be all taken by the time we arrive.

Am also curious how the shuttle has worked following the cruise. How do you arrange to be picked up? I would rather not have to wait around too much since we'll have such a long trip ahead of us and we'll be anxious to get on the road.

Thanks for any advice!

I'd love to hear how this shuttle has worked for others. We will not be arriving until the evening and my understanding is that we can't sign up for a shuttle time until check in. I am interested in a 11:00ish shuttle time, but am concerned those earlier times may be all taken by the time we arrive.

Am also curious how the shuttle has worked following the cruise. How do you arrange to be picked up? I would rather not have to wait around too much since we'll have such a long trip ahead of us and we'll be anxious to get on the road.

Thanks for any advice!

We have stayed here twice, Country Inn & Suites, (staying again in May) and they have an excellent system. I believe the 1st shuttle out is usually around 10:30 am. You do sign up at check in but a lot of people will be checking in late also. If you can't get the early shuttle, you can always take a cab for a few bucks. Just be sure not to sign up, so the spaces can be given to someone else and they won't wait for you to go. I am assuming you are staying here for the park and cruise, so spending a little for a cab still saves a lot of money over parking at the port. They give you the return vouchers at check in so if you don't use them to get there, you'll have access for the way back. Coming back, we just call the driver (# is on the voucher) and have never waited more than 10 minutes. They tell you exactly where to stand and wait for the shuttle back to the hotel.

Edited by RMLERL

Thanks Preston, we weren't sure if we would have enough time for our 'shopping fix' if the car had to be back by 5.30.

This way we will be able to fit Walmart and the Mall in!! Not that this news will fill my husband and son with joy - just have to remember to leave room n the suitcasesfor the shopping.

Kathy

Thanks Preston, we weren't sure if we would have enough time for our 'shopping fix' if the car had to be back by 5.30.

This way we will be able to fit Walmart and the Mall in!! Not that this news will fill my husband and son with joy - just have to remember to leave room n the suitcasesfor the shopping.

Kathy

Have fun Kathy. I am headed to Madrid with my daughter in May so I will be feeling your husband and sons pain. I am sure she will get me in a shop or two!

We have stayed here twice, Country Inn & Suites, (staying again in May) and they have an excellent system. I believe the 1st shuttle out is usually around 10:30 am. You do sign up at check in but a lot of people will be checking in late also. If you can't get the early shuttle, you can always take a cab for a few bucks. Just be sure not to sign up, so the spaces can be given to someone else and they won't wait for you to go. I am assuming you are staying here for the park and cruise, so spending a little for a cab still saves a lot of money over parking at the port. They give you the return vouchers at check in so if you don't use them to get there, you'll have access for the way back. Coming back, we just call the driver (# is on the voucher) and have never waited more than 10 minutes. They tell you exactly where to stand and wait for the shuttle back to the hotel.

Thank you so much for letting me know your experience. That is just what I was looking for!

Hi Preston!

What is the best restaurant to watch the ships leave port on a Saturday?

What time do they leave?

Our sail date is 3/27/11

Thanks!

You have a choice of 4. Milikens, Rusty's, Grills, and Fish Lips. Here are some offers for 2. Make sure you read the details if you use them.

Be there by 4:30 at the latest to see them sail.

http://cmmfl.incentrev.com/

Preston!

Thanks for the insight on the food opportunities! I like the Fishlips!

I think we'll try and purchase the gift certificates but leave 10 days later on the 25th!

Thanks again!

Chuck

You are welcome. I use them all the time. Have a great cruise.

Hello Jon,

Drop Bud a note since he is the gm for CI&S and he will let you know for sure, but I agreed with psbcap but Bud can confirm it one way or the other

good luck

bud.burch@countryinns.com

Since we will be renting a car, I have booked the CI&S. We have stayed here a few years ago and from what we remember, we really enjoyed it.

We just came back from our cruise and stayed at the CI&S with the cruise package, we really enjoyed the hotel, and the transportation was great, very organized and on time. We had the 11:30 slot and I think we actually left at 11:20, when we got off the ship, one of the shuttle was there, we got right on and were back at the hotel in minutes.

A couple of questions here:

I want to say VIP Limo has been wonderful so far. We don't cruise until May, but he has very patiently answered our questions and I feel confident that this is going to work very well for us. He has given us a package price for a few different things (airport to hotel, hotel to Kennedy Space Center and back, hotel to port, port to airport) He has indicated our charge card will be charged after the last trip is made. How do you usually tip - after each part, the end, or just have it added on to the bill?

We are staying at the La Quinta Oceanview. I believe I asked once before, and was told there a few restaurants there that we can go to. What is everyone's favorite, and how many are in walking distance?

Can't wait for our trip...not long to go! This thread has been a great source of information, thank you.

A couple of questions here:

I want to say VIP Limo has been wonderful so far. We don't cruise until May, but he has very patiently answered our questions and I feel confident that this is going to work very well for us. He has given us a package price for a few different things (airport to hotel, hotel to Kennedy Space Center and back, hotel to port, port to airport) He has indicated our charge card will be charged after the last trip is made. How do you usually tip - after each part, the end, or just have it added on to the bill?

We are staying at the La Quinta Oceanview. I believe I asked once before, and was told there a few restaurants there that we can go to. What is everyone's favorite, and how many are in walking distance?

Can't wait for our trip...not long to go! This thread has been a great source of information, thank you.

I would tip as you go do to the fact it might be different drivers. You will love the LaQuinta. I stayed there for a few days during a home remodel. The pier is next door and that is the place to eat. Also people love Boston Beef and Seafood. Enjoy!

Looking at boking the Pride for April 2012.

We will be in PC from 7:00 am - 7:00 pm.

We would rent a car for the day.

I am looking at the airboat tour (Twister) and KSC also.

Is this too much to try and do both in one day?

I know Twister is 1/2 hour drive there and back, figure 2 hours there (total 4 hours)?

How long do you need at KSC?

We have a 16 DS so he would probably get ansy if we are at KSC to long.

Looking at boking the Pride for April 2012.

We will be in PC from 7:00 am - 7:00 pm.

We would rent a car for the day.

I am looking at the airboat tour (Twister) and KSC also.

Is this too much to try and do both in one day?

I know Twister is 1/2 hour drive there and back, figure 2 hours there (total 4 hours)?

How long do you need at KSC?

We have a 16 DS so he would probably get ansy if we are at KSC to long.

4 hours is good!