The NEW I Work in Port Canaveral Thread!

psblin99

Thanks for the info Shirley. I appreciate it!

Believe me you are better off calling Avis here and speaking to their staff - they are great to work with and also tell them you got the information off this board - they love to hear that -

Good luck and enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok hopefully this isn't a stupid question but wanted to make sure the pay what you want can you do this from your hotel to the port??

Yep no problem - from the port to the hotel and visa versa, hotel to anywhere from Port Canaveral, Cocoa Beach and Merritt Island - spoke with them today and it has been very successful - they are super folks to work with and as I said, I tried it and it is what they say/

Does anyone know what/if there is a one way drop off fee from MCO to port canaveral with dollar car rental? On the site in small print I found something that said about one way fee, however when I go to check out no one way fee shows up? I found an awesome deal but not sure if'll they'll add a one way fee, if so how much, cuz maybe it won't be such a great deal, lol thanks in advance, I"m really hoping someone is on here tonight as I want to book this before I loose the deal :)

I have friends that told me about a place called Dixie crossroads is that any good??

Thanks

We LOVE dixie crossroads, we use to live in Titusville, it's only about a 20-25 min drive if you have a rental car and have time to spare it's worth it. Otherwise my vote is for grills we love it :)

Does anyone know what/if there is a one way drop off fee from MCO to port canaveral with dollar car rental? On the site in small print I found something that said about one way fee, however when I go to check out no one way fee shows up? I found an awesome deal but not sure if'll they'll add a one way fee, if so how much, cuz maybe it won't be such a great deal, lol thanks in advance, I"m really hoping someone is on here tonight as I want to book this before I loose the deal :)

I used Dollar last month with two one way rentals pre and post cruise.

The one way rate was in the total base rate. Check out the total rate for the booking.

The one good thing about car rentals, is you can go ahead and book the rate that you have and if you come across a better rate, cancel the one you want.

I happen to get a better rate with Dollar on Hot Wire. Once I booked the Hot Wire, I cancel the Dollar booking.

Of Course they are going to try to sell their insurance with the rental,but I use my own insurance for rental

Shirley and anybody whose done this. We are going to take cocoa beach taxi from the Comfort Inn on N Atlantic to Fishlips. i know it is pay what you want, but don't have a clue what is fair. Help, don't want to be cheap, but don't want to be crazy either Thanx

Shirley and anybody whose done this. We are going to take cocoa beach taxi from the Comfort Inn on N Atlantic to Fishlips. i know it is pay what you want, but don't have a clue what is fair. Help, don't want to be cheap, but don't want to be crazy either Thanx

Look just drop Steve a quick note and tell him I gave you his email address and he will be very upfront and honest with you - From the port to home which was less than 2.5 miles, we were charged $20.00 by Virginia's taxi (Never heard of her but she was available) never ever would we use her again much less recommend her or her company so that would give you a point of view - anyhow here is Steve's address

sales@cocoabeachtaxiservice.com

Hi again folks,

2 questionsh) (we are staying at the Hampton Cocoa Beach):

- it looks like the weather is calling for rain Fri-Sat when we are going to be there...any recommended family indoor activities?

- for restaurants, would FishLips or Rusty's or Brano's be good restaurants to being my 4 and 7 year old girls?

Many thanks!

Hi again folks,

- it looks like the weather is calling for rain Fri-Sat when we are going to be there...any recommended family indoor activities?

- for restaurants, would FishLips or Rusty's or Brano's be good restaurants to being my 4 and 7 year old girls?

Many thanks!

Hello Sunshine - I really don't know about the activities although you are close to Ron Jon's and CB Surf Shop - if you don't have transportation, you can call Cocoa Beach Taxi that offers anything you want to pay to get around (althought I do suggest something reasonable and not like the 5 pennies someone gave them) and go to the Merritt Island Mall and go to the movies - if you click above my name, it will give you all that information and also if you want to drop Stefanie a quick note for suggestions, here is her email address - stefanie.mattia@hamptoncb.com

PS all the restaurants mentioned are great - at Brano's if you ask for Erin and tell her you are off this board, she will make sure you get some great treats -

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by snelsonbrown

Hi again folks,

Many thanks!

We really enjoyed Fish Lips.

Ok I'm trying to decide heard good things about all three Rusty's, Fishlips or Grills decisions decisions:D.

Shirley talked to the folks at coco beach taxi good people we have a 11am boarding for the Disney Dream heard you can't even get in the port area till 11 so will set up a 10:50 or 11 am pick up time thanks for the tip on them:)

Also that morning since we will have time do you know anything about Zachery's? I believe it's next to the Radisson? or any other walk able places near by?

Only 17 more days:)

Tom

We preferred Fish Lips to Grills. We've been to Zachary's a few times for breakfast. It was good. We went there when we wanted a sit down breakfast. We would walk across the street to McDonald's if we wanted something faster/cheaper.

Hi Shirley – Do you have an knowledge of the info below - from another thread? (this is not my info)

Beginning Oct. 1, the Canaveral Port Authority will begin charging Guests for parking for each day their vehicle is in the lot/garage. This includes the day of arrival and day of departure. The rate remains $15 per day. Below is breakdown per cruise:

• 3-night cruise $60

• 4-night cruise $75

• 5-night cruise $90

• 7-night cruise $120

If so, seems we now all have extra time as the Port has determined that each week has 8 days. In fact - some weeks have 9 days if they charge 4 days for the 3 night cruises and 5 days for the 4 night cruises.

Thanks M

Ok I'm trying to decide heard good things about all three Rusty's, Fishlips or Grills decisions decisions:D.

Shirley talked to the folks at coco beach taxi good people we have a 11am boarding for the Disney Dream heard you can't even get in the port area till 11 so will set up a 10:50 or 11 am pick up time thanks for the tip on them:)

Also that morning since we will have time do you know anything about Zachery's? I believe it's next to the Radisson? or any other walk able places near by?

Only 17 more days:)

Tom

Good to know for the port, so should we aim to get there for 11 and no earlier do you think/

Also, would you guys suggest taking Cocoa Beach Taxi to the port instead of the hotel shuttle? Will they prebook you, or should I call same day?

Thanks for the help!

Beth(bettycruiser) said she read somewhere that there not letting you in before 11 am at port canaveral so that's what I'm going by unless someone on here know's different??

I'm going with the taxi I believe you can reserve ahead of time which I probable will do a few days before we head down

http://www.beachboundshuttle.com/

Tom

Never did the shuttle at the radisson last time arranged a van we had like 8 people. I think if you do the cruise package at the radisson it's free but only leaves at certain times.

Scott at coco beach taxi when I asked him a suggestion for price since it's pay what you want suggested 4 dollars per person for the two of us which I thought was very reasonable.

I know you can call the radisson a pre-reserve the shuttle (guess I should make sure you are at the radisson right?)

Hi Shirley – Do you have an knowledge of the info below - from another thread? (this is not my info)

Beginning Oct. 1, the Canaveral Port Authority will begin charging Guests for parking for each day their vehicle is in the lot/garage. This includes the day of arrival and day of departure. The rate remains $15 per day. Below is breakdown per cruise:

• 3-night cruise $60

• 4-night cruise $75

• 5-night cruise $90

• 7-night cruise $120

If so, seems we now all have extra time as the Port has determined that each week has 8 days. In fact - some weeks have 9 days if they charge 4 days for the 3 night cruises and 5 days for the 4 night cruises.

Thanks M

I can check on this tommorow and will be able to give you all the facts ok ?

Scott at cocoa beach taxi when I asked him a suggestion for price since it's pay what you want suggested 4 dollars per person for the two of us which I thought was very reasonable.

I know you can call the radisson a pre-reserve the shuttle (guess I should make sure you are at the radisson right?)

TC - $8.00 is extremely reasonable being that Norm and I were charged $20.00 by Virginia's taxi for less than 3 miles - CB Taxi is leaving it to the folks as to what they feel they want to pay - great idea they came up with and its working and everybody's happy

TC - $8.00 is extremely reasonable being that Norm and I were charged $20.00 by Virginia's taxi for less than 3 miles - CB Taxi is leaving it to the folks as to what they feel they want to pay - great idea they came up with and its working and everybody's happy

This is good to know....I think I will call CB Taxi instead of using the shuttle at the Hampton Inn (Tommy, not the Radisson but close! :) )