The NEW I Work in Port Canaveral Thread!

psblin99

Well i can see were you are coming from. I did not know all the rental places have shuttles to the port. I thought i would have to drop off the car and then use the hotel's shuttle to the port. Coming back i would think to use hotel's shuttle to hotel and then walk to pick up rental car. This whole thing is soo complex. Thank you for your reply. I guess i was trying to figure out how everyone does it. I was looking more for maybe a break down of:

1. I took this rental car to-

2. X hotel, then-

3. Dropped car off here-

4. Took X shuttle to cruise port and then (fill in how you did your return back to hotel or

rental)

OR

Used "X" shuttle from hotel to port...

We are flying into Orlando, renting an Avis car and driving to the Courtyard Cocoa Beach on Thursday night. We plan to drop the car off at their office in the morning, then take the Avis shuttle to the port. We are flying home the day we get back and using Executive Limo to take us from the port to Orlando airport. I can post how it worked out when we return, if you'd like.

Hi,

Just clearing up some last minute details we will be in PC on the 2nd, just wanting to know if there is a liquor store within walking distance of the Comfort Inn @Cocoa Beach.

HEY THERE GIRLFRIEND,

So ya coming back huh? Hope we will finally have a chance to meet up - anyhow if you are looking for anything other than beer and wine, ABC is NOT within walking distances, but you can call Cocoa Beach Taxi that offers "pay what you want" and they will take you anywhere you want - ABC is maybe about one and a half miles North and South of CI.

You can speak to Mike/Tom who once was a member of CC and he is up on everything.

He works at the front desk of CI.

If you just want beer and wine, there is a Winn Dixie right across from where you are staying.

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving and may it be a very blessed one

We are flying into Orlando, renting an Avis car and driving to the Courtyard Cocoa Beach on Thursday night. We plan to drop the car off at their office in the morning, then take the Avis shuttle to the port. We are flying home the day we get back and using Executive Limo to take us from the port to Orlando airport. I can post how it worked out when we return, if you'd like.

Thank you Lisa, yes that would be great.

Ms. Nelson, will the taxi rate "pay what you want" take you to the cruise port? I didn't know if it's just within Cocoa Beach area or does it extend to Port Canaveral.

I am trying to decide whether to book a room at the Comfort Inn and Suites Cocoa Beach or the Country Inn and Suites Port Canaveral. We will be taking advantage of the Cruise and Park option and using their shuttle.

Has anyone stayed at both and know what the advantages of one over the other would be. There will be 5 of us in the room. Three kids who will use the pool assuming it is warm enough in February. The breakfast is also important to us along with the shuttle times and the return shuttle from the port after the cruise.

Thanks in advance for any advice or suggestions.

Lisaq

Thank you Lisa, yes that would be great.

Ms. Nelson, will the taxi rate "pay what you want" take you to the cruise port? I didn't know if it's just within Cocoa Beach area or does it extend to Port Canaveral.

Yep they will take you to the port also with the same "pay what you want" - folks are really enjoying that option and being very fair

Happy Thanksgiving from our family to your family

May your day be blessed...

May your day be a safe one

and most of all

May you be surrounded with your family and friends

Riches that can not be found anywhere else

Thanksgiving Day Prayer for all our Friends:

For each new morning with its light,

For rest and shelter of the night,

For health and food,

For love and friends,

... For everything Thy goodness sends.

Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803-1882)

With much love and much blessing

Shirley and Norm

hugzzzzzzzzzzzz :D

I have a question for anyone who may be able to help. I'll be driving from Atlanta to Port Canaveral. I'll be driving down on Friday, but will have to pick up people from the airport on Saturday morning. So I figured it's better to just stay near the airport rather than drive to PC to stay and then back to the airport. Do you know if we will be much out of our way coming in from Atlanta? I'm hoping it's more of a situation where we'd pass the aiport on the way to PC anyway and we aren't really going out of the way much.

Hope I didn't confuse anyone. I'm still in a bit of a food coma from yesterday. :-) TIA!

If you are taking I-75 south from Atlanta and going to connect to I-4 to head to PC you will pass through Orlando and right by the airport. It's an easy drive from MCO to PC - right about an hour on the expressway. Enjoy your cruise.

Just what I wanted to hear. Awesome! Thanks.

For the past six years I've used the Port Canaveral Radisson for a stay and cruise leaving my vehicle in their large unsecure lot with no problem. This time I find they now charge 5.99 per day including return day (7 day cruise equals 8 day parking -- same as the Port). When I questioned the charge I've been tol that the cruise port is charging shuttles $25 entrance fee, then I was told by another employee that the port was going to start charging shuttle operators a per person charge. Actually wish they just got their stories straight so I hope someone in the area has the real answer which I believe is -- make as much $ as possible.

I'm searching for info on car rentals from MCO to Port Canaveral. We are arriving late in the evening and staying at the Marriot right near the airport. We planned to rent a car in the morning to make the drive to the port. Whats the cheapest way to go about this? It appears that Hertz has a rental office on the hotel property so that would probably be easiest, but I'm not certain. Does anyone have any info or can you direct me to a thread where I might find some answers?

Rental Car is the way to go IMHO but you don't need to limit yourself to Hertz. Most of the national companies have locations in Cape Canaveral or Cocoa and shuttles to the Port so you can rent at the airport in Orlando, stay whereever you want and then turn the car in before boarding the ship. We always stay in Cocoa but that is because I am not a morning person and would rather sleep in a little bit but if you are an early riser, you probably can get just as good deals near the airport. It is about a 45 min drive direct to the port but do leave yourself time to turn in the car and take the shuttle. Last year, it took right at an hour from when we arrived at the Budget office until we walked through the door of the port.

For the past six years I've used the Port Canaveral Radisson for a stay and cruise leaving my vehicle in their large unsecure lot with no problem. This time I find they now charge 5.99 per day including return day (7 day cruise equals 8 day parking -- same as the Port). When I questioned the charge I've been tol that the cruise port is charging shuttles $25 entrance fee, then I was told by another employee that the port was going to start charging shuttle operators a per person charge. Actually wish they just got their stories straight so I hope someone in the area has the real answer which I believe is -- make as much $ as possible.

Sorry you didn't know about this......they started charging for parking for any reservation made after May 1st. Now they do a Park/Cruise package like most all of the other hotels do.

It was a great perk while it lasted but since the port is now charging them I can understand why they had to change their policy.

No real mystery......just the way it is. Great folks at the Radisson!!!

Edited by GTO-Girl

Hey everyone!

I know i've seen it in this massive thread but what seafood restaurant would you recommend in Port Canaveral/Cocoa Beach?

In the midwest we just don't get that great of a selections.

We are mainly crab legs, shrimp, lobster, calamari, and cod type of people. The bigger the better and the sweeter the...oh you understand.:D

Thanks for your assistance

Kristy:)

...what seafood restaurant would you recommend in Port Canaveral/Cocoa Beach?

Hey Krystal,

I broke out your question into a new thread on the main Florida Departures forum, and provided some info and opinion for you.

Regards,

Johncn

We will be dropping off a budget rental at the 17th st lot before our cruise. My plan was to drop my wife and luggage off at the port and then return the car approx 9 AM. I understand there is a budget shuttle to the port from that location. If not I plan to walk. I reallize it is a couple of miles as the Navigator of the seas is the ship that ports the farthest from 17th st entrance. I know because on back to back cruises I have walked to wallgreens for pop.

Question; can I get the car into the port to drop wife and luggage at 9AM and will it be busy with disembarking passengers ?

We will be dropping off a budget rental at the 17th st lot before our cruise. My plan was to drop my wife and luggage off at the port and then return the car approx 9 AM. I understand there is a budget shuttle to the port from that location. If not I plan to walk. I reallize it is a couple of miles as the Navigator of the seas is the ship that ports the farthest from 17th st entrance. I know because on back to back cruises I have walked to wallgreens for pop.

Question; can I get the car into the port to drop wife and luggage at 9AM and will it be busy with disembarking passengers ?

Bloemeri

Unless I am way off base, I think you posted this on the wrong board.....doesn't Nav of the Sea sail from FLL?

Sorry you didn't know about this......they started charging for parking for any reservation made after May 1st. Now they do a Park/Cruise package like most all of the other hotels do.

It was a great perk while it lasted but since the port is now charging them I can understand why they had to change their policy.

No real mystery......just the way it is. Great folks at the Radisson!!!

Hey GTO-Girl, Radisson is the least costly of options I've looked at. My biggest issue is the Radisson staff telling different stories. I do know the answers now since going through the process, all shuttle carriers are being charged an entry fee based on the number of riders, the highest fee being $15 for a 44 passenger bus.

Radisson is now using several 33 passenger vehicles as well as the original 20 passenger short buss. The process is very well organized now and there isn't the confusion of the past.

OK, I did the Hotwire 2.5* deal for $60/night and got the La Quinta Inn Cocoa Beach for the 3 of us.

1. What's the neighborhood like in the hotel's area?

2. What's the breakfast like?

3. How far is it from Ron Jon?

4. Which room request should I do from a safety/convenience/noise perspective?

5. Generally, what's the condition of this place?

6. How's the traffic from the port south to the hotel? Generally how long does it take to drive north to the port?

Thanks for any info that you can provide......