The NEW I Work in Port Canaveral Thread!

psblin99

Hi folks....we've got one night in Cocoa Beach and would like to try either Fishlips or Rustys with our 2 girls (ages 8 and 4). Which restaurant would be your pick for the one night? Thanks!

Picking between the two, Fishlips.

Just an FYI - this is now a clothing-optional hotel. So, just be forewarned, if you do stay here to take advantage of the great rates and location, you may be treated to an eyeful of some dude's sack during continental breakfast.

This is not a joke.

Our culture and values at Fawlty Towers shall remain the same, creating a warm and friendly environment, based on very simple principles. As of May 2012, we will promote our resort oriented towards naturists – wholesome and non-sexual nudism. Single males must qualify to visit according to our singles policy. (Please call ahead) All members of AANR or other nudist clubs or organizations are always welcome. If you choose to visit Fawlty Towers you are accepting these core principles and are agreeing to abide by them.

We offer a private, relaxing, safe, non-threatening, non-sexual, clothing optional environment where our guests can relax and feel comfortable.

Picking between the two, Fishlips.

My family ahd I have eaten at both, Fishlips 3 times, most recently was Rusty's last summer...We found the food to be MUCH better at Rusty's and the atmosphere much more family oriented at Rusty's as well...Fishlips was MUCH too loud for my kids, and they are all teenagers..

D:D

Our culture and values at Fawlty Towers shall remain the same, creating a warm and friendly environment, based on very simple principles. As of May 2012, we will promote our resort oriented towards naturists – wholesome and non-sexual nudism. Single males must qualify to visit according to our singles policy. (Please call ahead) All members of AANR or other nudist clubs or organizations are always welcome. If you choose to visit Fawlty Towers you are accepting these core principles and are agreeing to abide by them.

We offer a private, relaxing, safe, non-threatening, non-sexual, clothing optional environment where our guests can relax and feel comfortable.

Apparently, their bookings have gone through the roof. Based on my limited experience drinking beer at the Garden of Eden in Key West, most nudity is not good nudity.

An opinions on the Hampton Inn in Cocoa Beach as a pre-cruise hotel? We will be staying one night and will have a rental car to drop off in the morning at either Hertz or Avis. We are 4 adults that will be staying in one room. Any other suggestions? Trying to keep the price down but still want a pretty nice place if possible.

Shirley, so glad to see you back. Hope everything is okay cause you were missed.

We used Cocoa Beach Taxi last year to get to and from restaurants whatever. Just give them a call. Unless things have changed, they were great

Hi. Coming in August the day before cruise. Using our Hilton points and trying to decide which hotel -- there are 3 that I beleive are near the cruise terminal -- Hampton Inn Cocoa Beach, Double Tree Cocoa Beach & Hilton Cocoa Beach. Have 2 kids and if weather is good, would like to use beach. Anyone know anything about any of these? Anyone recommend one over the other?

Thanks!

All nice and pretty much the same.

I'm sorry if this has been covered, but we need a little help. We are flying into Melbourne and will be staying for 2 nights pre-cruise on the Monarch. We are holding a room at the Hilton Melbourne Beach location and the Hilton Cocoa Beach location.

1. Which hotel/location is preferred or better?

2. What is the best transportation from Melbourne airport to the Hilton Cocoa Beach if we choose this location? What would/should be the cost?

3. After the cruise we chose the Hilton Melbourne for 1 night (non ocean location) so that we would be close to the airport for our flight out the next Saturday. What transportation is recommended from the port to the hotel?

Thanks

I'm sorry if this has been covered, but we need a little help. We are flying into Melbourne and will be staying for 2 nights pre-cruise on the Monarch. We are holding a room at the Hilton Melbourne Beach location and the Hilton Cocoa Beach location.

1. Which hotel/location is preferred or better?

2. What is the best transportation from Melbourne airport to the Hilton Cocoa Beach if we choose this location? What would/should be the cost?

3. After the cruise we chose the Hilton Melbourne for 1 night (non ocean location) so that we would be close to the airport for our flight out the next Saturday. What transportation is recommended from the port to the hotel?

Thanks

Do a one way car rental both ways and stay in Cocoa Beach. This area is small and easy to navigate. Forget getting close to the airport for your return and have some fun on the beach.

I'll have a gazillion questions between now and November, but I like to plan ahead.

You guys were SO HELPFUL when I last cruised from Port C. I flew in early the morning before the cruise, rented a 1-way through Avis, got a great room at the Radisson (thanks for the upgrade!). It was all wonderful.

In November, I'm doing a B2B on Ecstasy. I may come down and stay 2 nights, but probably will just try to get an early flight, like before due to budget constraints. Plan on renting 1-way, again, so I'll be perusing the thread for the latest on good rental prices.

Considering the Ron Jon's. Price looks reasonable. In early November, I wouldn't expect a bunch of kids, but that will be a Friday night. I don't want to come down early, try for a relaxing pre-day&night before the cruise only to find the entire hotel, pool and beach swarming with screaming kids.

Nothing against them but that's not what I want on my vacation. My newlywed daughter, her new husband, and my cruise buddy are joining me for Leg 2. I'll also need to do some research for them when they arrive the next week.

In your opinion(s), would RonJon's be a good place for me to stay? I turn 60 on Leg 2, I like a couple of adult beverages in the evening, but mostly want to relax at the beach for a day and have some good food on Friday night.

This is all costing me a small fortune since I'm paying everything for DD, so I don't want to spend more than necessary for the hotel/car/etc, but don't want to stay in a dive, either. The Radisson was nice, but something on the beach would be great!

Thanks!!!

I'll have a gazillion questions between now and November, but I like to plan ahead.

You guys were SO HELPFUL when I last cruised from Port C. I flew in early the morning before the cruise, rented a 1-way through Avis, got a great room at the Radisson (thanks for the upgrade!). It was all wonderful.

In November, I'm doing a B2B on Ecstasy. I may come down and stay 2 nights, but probably will just try to get an early flight, like before due to budget constraints. Plan on renting 1-way, again, so I'll be perusing the thread for the latest on good rental prices.

Considering the Ron Jon's. Price looks reasonable. In early November, I wouldn't expect a bunch of kids, but that will be a Friday night. I don't want to come down early, try for a relaxing pre-day&night before the cruise only to find the entire hotel, pool and beach swarming with screaming kids.

Nothing against them but that's not what I want on my vacation. My newlywed daughter, her new husband, and my cruise buddy are joining me for Leg 2. I'll also need to do some research for them when they arrive the next week.

In your opinion(s), would RonJon's be a good place for me to stay? I turn 60 on Leg 2, I like a couple of adult beverages in the evening, but mostly want to relax at the beach for a day and have some good food on Friday night.

This is all costing me a small fortune since I'm paying everything for DD, so I don't want to spend more than necessary for the hotel/car/etc, but don't want to stay in a dive, either. The Radisson was nice, but something on the beach would be great!

Thanks!!!

RJ is ify. Nice property but may have the kids. Try LaQuinta oceanfront.

Do a one way car rental both ways and stay in Cocoa Beach. This area is small and easy to navigate. Forget getting close to the airport for your return and have some fun on the beach.

OK, so would the Hilton Cocoa Beach be the best location? We also looked at the Hampton Inn and the Double Tree Suites. Looking for the best rooms and convienence and a Hilton property for points.

Thank you for your help, we will for sure change our return stay.

OK, so would the Hilton Cocoa Beach be the best location? We also looked at the Hampton Inn and the Double Tree Suites. Looking for the best rooms and convienence and a Hilton property for points.

Thank you for your help, we will for sure change our return stay.

All 3 are nice and next door to each other. Use points if you can.

An opinions on the Hampton Inn in Cocoa Beach as a pre-cruise hotel? We will be staying one night and will have a rental car to drop off in the morning at either Hertz or Avis. We are 4 adults that will be staying in one room. Any other suggestions? Trying to keep the price down but still want a pretty nice place if possible.

Hi Eel...we stayed here last October and loved it. Really nice property on the beach, very good breakfast selection, clean, spacious rooms, and gorgeous pool. Staff is really friendly. Love the cookies they put out in the afternoon! Would definitely stay here again! Enjoy your stay!

All 3 are nice and next door to each other. Use points if you can.

OK, here is what we decided, I hope this is good choice...Hilton Melbourne Beach offers a shuttle from the Melbourne airport to the port. I talked with them and they said that we could use the shuttle to the port from the hotel. The hotel seems to be fine unless someone has more information?

Hi Eel...we stayed here last October and loved it. Really nice property on the beach, very good breakfast selection, clean, spacious rooms, and gorgeous pool. Staff is really friendly. Love the cookies they put out in the afternoon! Would definitely stay here again! Enjoy your stay!

Thanks for the info! I have made a reservation there. Unless some great deal falls in my lap, that is probably where we will stay.

Looking for reliable taxi to take a party of 10 from Residence Inn to Port Canaveral on the morning of our cruise. Any suggestions?

We used Cocoa Beach Shuttle for our party of 11 in 2010. They were reasonably priced and reliable. We used them from the hotel near Orlando Airport (Hyatt Place) to Port Canaveral and then Port Canaveral to the airport.