The NEW I Work in Port Canaveral Thread!

psblin99

Shirley and Preston-Need your help please! :p

We are porting out next Saturday and currently have reservations at the Residence Inn in Cape Canaveral on Friday the 29th. Due to the shuttle taking off that day I know that traffic is going to be really bad. My mom and family live in St Cloud and they are driving over to meet us for dinner in Melbourne at 6:30. My question is do you think the traffic will get to the point that we won't be able to leave our hotel and make it to Melbourne on time? We also thought about watching the shuttle take off from behind Ron Jon's and then heading to Melbourne, but was wondering if we would be running into the same situation there too?? Where would be a good place to see the shuttle and be able to make it in to Melbourne by 6:30? Would it be best if we booked a room in Melbourne Beach instead and then just drove to the port the next morning?? Any suggestions/ideas are greatly appreciated! Thanks :D:D:D

The view from RI vs Ron Jon's will be about the same but heading South afterwards will be much easier from RJ. The view is alot less in MB. I would even go a little farther South and get to the South end of Cocoa Beach (RJ is right in the middle) and go out on to the sand. The view will be great and you will get ahead of the traffic.

We hear that there are new regulations at the pier as far as parking/entrance/exit fees. If we just drive our rental car in to the pier, drop our bags off, and get the heck outta there and back to the rental drop off . . . are we charged when we drive outta the pier area?

Are we better off just dropping the car off at the rental place and taking their shuttle and schleping the bags ourselves?

Thank you!

Rick and Deirdra

04/21/2011

ANOTHER UPDATE ON THE RADISSON - YOU WILL LIKE THIS

Dear Shirley

First let me say thanks for posting the information about our new policy on Shuttles and Transportation to the port – All the transportation companies around here will be raising their rates to help offset the new charges that will be coming from the Port

But secondly and really important is let me apologize for not getting back to you about issues with our shuttles – I guess I missed your message or just forgot – getting old and didn’t see it until I looked on CruiseCritic and saw your posting and that I hadn’t gotten back to you – Sorry Sorry Sorry –

So let me share with you what we are doing to address some of the issue and improve our shuttle service and hopefully eliminate some problems

We are bringing on more staff to help with the loading of passengers and luggage – immediately

We are in the process of purchasing another bus – will be a 30 or so passenger size bus - we are shopping right now and will have this done and in service within 60days

Lastly within 2 weeks I will have a dedicated phone number for transportation only and have it – for anyone that is having an issue (pretty much everyone has their cell phone with them) – maybe we missed someone at pick-up etc.

Hopefully these things will help smooth out our people moving process and give everyone a greater comfort level

See you soon

Joe

JOE PANACKIA

GENERAL MANAGER

RADISSON RESORT AT THE PORT

DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS - BAUGHER HOSPITALITY GROUP

PH 321.868.6560

FX 321.868.0064

JPanackia@RadissonPort.com

http://www.radisson.com/capecanaveralfl

TO TAKE A VIDEO OR VIRTUAL TOUR CLICK HERE

04/21/2011

ANOTHER UPDATE ON THE RADISSON - YOU WILL LIKE THIS

Dear Shirley

First let me say thanks for posting the information about our new policy on Shuttles and Transportation to the port – All the transportation companies around here will be raising their rates to help offset the new charges that will be coming from the Port

But secondly and really important is let me apologize for not getting back to you about issues with our shuttles – I guess I missed your message or just forgot – getting old and didn’t see it until I looked on CruiseCritic and saw your posting and that I hadn’t gotten back to you – Sorry Sorry Sorry –

So let me share with you what we are doing to address some of the issue and improve our shuttle service and hopefully eliminate some problems

We are bringing on more staff to help with the loading of passengers and luggage – immediately

We are in the process of purchasing another bus – will be a 30 or so passenger size bus - we are shopping right now and will have this done and in service within 60days

Lastly within 2 weeks I will have a dedicated phone number for transportation only and have it – for anyone that is having an issue (pretty much everyone has their cell phone with them) – maybe we missed someone at pick-up etc.

Hopefully these things will help smooth out our people moving process and give everyone a greater comfort level

See you soon

Joe

JOE PANACKIA

GENERAL MANAGER

RADISSON RESORT AT THE PORT

DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS - BAUGHER HOSPITALITY GROUP

PH 321.868.6560

FX 321.868.0064

JPanackia@RadissonPort.com

http://www.radisson.com/capecanaveralfl

TO TAKE A VIDEO OR VIRTUAL TOUR CLICK HERE

I think my biggest concern here is that people who are not staying at the Radisson and only paying to park will take up most of the parking/shuttle spaces from those who have stayed overnight there.

Guess I'll know when we go on October.......thankfully we booked long ago so our parking should still be free.......:D

Edited by GTO-Girl

I think my biggest concern here is that people who are not staying at the Radisson and only paying to park will take up most of the parking/shuttle spaces from those who have stayed overnight there.

Guess I'll know when we go on October.......thankfully we booked long ago so our parking should still be free.......:D

Diane the Radisson has plenty of land where they can create a parking area. I would imagine that is what they will do.

Diane the Radisson has plenty of land where they can create a parking area. I would imagine that is what they will do.

Thanks so much Preston!!!! You just don't how much I appreciate the advice I get from you and Shirley......:D.

The other day my husband said "you talk about Shirley and Preston like you know them personally". I just laughed and said "sometimes I feel like I do"!

Thanks again!!!!

Thanks so much Preston!!!! You just don't how much I appreciate the advice I get from you and Shirley......:D.

The other day my husband said "you talk about Shirley and Preston like you know them personally". I just laughed and said "sometimes I feel like I do"!

Thanks again!!!!

Its a labor of love. Not to mention I use the service. I have been all over the boards in Spain, France, and Italy for an upcoming trip.

OK THIS IS SOMETHING YOU CAN NOT MISS IF YOU ARE HERE IN TOWN.

ONCE IN A LIFETIME EVENT:)

http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news/2011/april/229106/Cocoa-Beach-Parade-to-celebrate-50-years-of-manned-space-flight?cid=rss

Hey Shirley......I hate we're going to miss this event, it's looks very cool!!!!

We will be back in your area for our May 22nd "Disney" Dream cruise and then we'll be back in October for our "Carnival" Dream cruise. (WOW.....two "Dreams" in one year.....how blessed are we???)

You be sure to leave the light on for us......LOL:D

Edited by GTO-Girl

Hey Shirley......I hate we're going to miss this event, it's looks very cool!!!!

We will be back in your area for our May 22nd "Disney" Dream cruise and then we'll be back in October for our "Carnival" Dream cruise. (WOW.....two "Dreams" in one year.....how blessed are we???)

You be sure to leave the light on for us......LOL:D

Both of the these two ships are breathtaking - glad you are having the opportunity to do them both;)

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE PLEASE IF you will be here starting today through May 07, be advised security has been taken over the top at the port and throughout Brevard County for a number of reasons so drive careful, don't be a jokester at the port, careful what you are carrying on - in other words, follow all the rules and regulations ok?

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Is it because of the celebration??

Yes and all the high top VIPS here - I remember back in the 60's when the parade of the original 7 astronauts where held - security was extremely light and it was only to protect the astronauts from being hounded for autographs - My kids and I went to everyone until the accident with Apollo One and then there were none - Folks would be there waving their American flag and cheers of support was so over the top - those were the days so this celebration on the 7th is very important for it represents so many who have given their lives during launches, workers, nations etc - History was made and never will be gotten.

For you experts..last on my to-do list is the rental car at MCO to Cape Canaveral. Looking at Budget at a minivan (there are 5 of us, adults with luggage) and getting an estimate of 82.00 for the night including liability.

Does that sound good?? I've got to check this off my list!