October 19, 2010 Voyage 3029 Shadow Hong Kong to Bangkok

chicagogal

Just to confirm - the cruise doesn't require us to get any visas in advance, right? (I am speaking now for US citizens) Hong Kong and Thailand have no visa requirements, as far as I know. The ship will get our Viet Nam visas for us and if you are going to Cambodia after the cruise, you can get them at the airport in Siem Reap but you need to bring a passport type (2 x 2) photo. Is that all what everyone else has found, too? I just want to be sure...

That sounds like a plan. I wonder if most will be on board at cocktail time on Oct 19th, even though we don't sail until late? We could meet before dinner at the main bar that night, or on the 2nd day, if that is better for everyone. It is a sea day.

Our docs are on the way to us and we should get them tomorrow. It is getting closer ...

Patty

Either is fine with us. There is usually the Captain's welcome aboard party the 2nd night, so the first night might be better. How will we identify ourselves?

Also, if you are only on the leg from Hong Kong to Bangkok, the only Visa requirement for US passengers is Viet Nam which the ship will obtain for us. We are not going on to Cambodia, so I do not know about that.

so the first night might be better. How will we identify ourselves?

What time is good? Maybe we can all meet in the bar the first night before dinner and try to grab a table/seating area for a bunch of people (Maybe at 6 or 630?) Bill and I will be with Kim and Paul. I guess we are all "youngish" for Silversea. We are all 50s and early 60s - Paul is tall, Kim is the "baby" and she has very pretty long brown hair, I have very short dark blond hair and Bill is gray with glasses. We will be the ones looking for you!

That sounds great! Let's make it 6-6:30 in the main bar. We will probably close to 6:30. I too am youngish for silversea. I am tall and have long blonde hair. Call our room if there is a problem. We are in 531. I am looking forward to meeting you. I will warm up the ship on the leg before so it is ready for you.

That sounds great! Let's make it 6-6:30 in the main bar. We will probably close to 6:30. I too am youngish for silversea. I am tall and have long blonde hair. Call our room if there is a problem. We are in 531. I am looking forward to meeting you. I will warm up the ship on the leg before so it is ready for you.

Sounds great! We are looking forward to it, especially now that we have our docs.

Patty

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We leave Saturday morning for Hong Kong and I need to pack! Tax season has been worse than usual and I have been working TOO LATE every night! Late night cruisecritic has become my unwind time.

I am loving harbormaster's live posts from the current Shadow voyage. I will try to do the same, although our voyage is very port intensive.

Safe travels to everyone not already in Asia.

Patty

We leave Saturday morning for Hong Kong and I need to pack! Tax season has been worse than usual and I have been working TOO LATE every night! Late night cruisecritic has become my unwind time.

I am loving harbormaster's live posts from the current Shadow voyage. I will try to do the same, although our voyage is very port intensive.

Safe travels to everyone not already in Asia.

Patty

Archived