Pre / Post hotel pkgs??

ghjohnson

I'd appreciate anyone's help!!!

Does anyone know where to look on the priness site, or anywhere else for pre and post cruise hotel info for the April 14, 2006 Diamond Princess Cruise (ie: Sydney,Australia and San Francisco, CA) - I can't find it on the site?

I have never seen it listed on the Princess web site but the hotels are listed in the brochures. Either somone that has one of them might be able to answer this question, or you can go to www.princess.com and request a brochure be sent out to you.

I have the 2003-2004 brochure and the hotels listed for Sydney are:

The Regent Sydney at 1 night-$129 pp 2 nights-$239 pp 3 nights-$249 pp

The Westin Sydney 1 night-$129 pp 2 nights- $239 pp 3 nights- $349 pp

San Francisco

Palace Hotel 1 night- $129 pp 2 nights- $239 pp 3 nights- $349 pp

The hotel choices and/or prices might be changed for 2005-2006 but that is the only info I can find on it.

There is a place if you log in to the Princess web site to download the brochures to your computer and they do have the 2005-2006 Australia brochure ready for download. I am getting it right now and if it has the info in it, I will post what it shows.

New from the 2005-2006 Brochure.

Sydney

Four Seasons 1-$139 pp 2-$246 pp 3-$359 pp

Intercontinental 1-$139 pp 2-$249 pp 3- $359 pp

(I can highly recommend the Intercontinental, we stay there last trip down under and we loved the location and the hotel. It is just a couple of blocks from Sydney Harbour and the Ferry and within walking distance to many places along the Harbour. It included breakfast with what we paid through Princess, buffet, and it was very good)

Sorry, I don't see any reference to San Fransisco, that must be in one of the other brochures.

In Sydney, we saved a good bit of $$$$ by booking our own hotel and taking taxi's from the airport and to the port. We stayed at Hotel Intercontinental, booked through their website http://sydney.interconti.com/ and paid a total of 645 AUD for 3 nights in January 2002. I can't remember the exchange rate at the time, but I believe it was less than $400 USD for the 3 days hotel. (Remember Princess package prices are per person)

We took tours with Sydney Day Tours http://www.sydneydaytours.com.au/

As Toto2 said, the hotel is very nice and it's a fantastic location. We never take the cruiseline pre/post hotel packages when language is not a problem.

Whatever you do, you'll love Sydney - the city and the people!

Julie

Remember to add the local tax to the brochure prices just like one would for a direct booking. Somehow the tax charged by Princess SEEMS to be based on the Princess Room charges rather than what the real tax should be. (Similar issue is under lawsuit in California when some on-line hotel booking companies charge local taxes based on a percentage of the room rate charged to customers but actually pay much less becaue they get the rooms at a discount).

We decided to go with a 1-night pre-cruise in Copenhagen simply because of the transfers -- airport to hotel and hotel to ship. We are definitely paying more but not having to worry about luggage is a big plus because it leaves us a lot of time to use the embarkation day for sightseeing and board the ship when we are ready. The luggage is picked up by Princess at the hotel itself./Sultan

Sultan,

We did Copenhagen pre-cruise on our own and as usual saved quite a bit. The hotel was happy to hold our luggage until we were ready to catch a cab from there to board the ship. We just checked out and they locked up our luggage. We spent the day seeing all we could squeeze in then went back to the hotel to meet up with our luggage and caught a taxi to the ship. Others we talked to did the same thing at different hotels.

Taxi airport to hotel was about $40 USD. We stayed at the Phoenix Copenhagen for a great rate equal to approx. $120 a night. It was about a 10 minute/$15 USD ride to the Freehaven pier where our ship was docked. By embarking at around 3:30 - 4:00 we were after the crush and walked right on.

We have found that transfer by taxi is not only less expensive - but faster and much more comfortable than the bus transfers the cruise lines usually provide. We have had them provide a taxi, but at twice the price (or more).

Whatever you choose to do in Copenhagen - it is a wonderful city full of friendly people and more sights to see than we could accomplish in 3 days. Guess we need to go back! :D

Julie

Archived