Destiny Transatlantic Sunrise Apr 2010

Hi folks, going on the destiny for my honeymoon.

Just wondered who else was?

Oh and does anyone know how long it takes from La Romana airport to the ship?

Thanks

John

Congratulations! I'm sure you'll have a great time - the cruise is fab ;).

Transfer from the airport is the slickest I've ever known. You are given stickers with your cabin number at your UK check-in to stick onto your cases. When you arrive at La Romana you get off the plane, walk a short distance to a side entrance of the airport and get straight onto minibuses. You don't need to go into the airport buildings at all or reclaim your luggage so literally within ten minutes of getting off the plane you are on the air-conditioned buses and setting off for the port which takes only another 10 minutes or so. Your cases will arrive at your cabin door a little later. But it is incredibly smooth and fast!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, my partner and i are on this cruise. am glad i have found you because i posted under roll call some time ago and no reply.:) am sure you will enjoy it, have been on the destiny before and have visited all the ports, will be a great cruise.

• 1 month later...

hi we are booked on same cruise as you . We have been on Destiny before

grest ship we are so looking forward to it :). Hope the wedding goes well and the cruise is everything you hope it will be I'm sure it will be

Hi , my wife and I are on the Destiny for this cruise, we are celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary, so we are also looking forward to visiting all those lovely islands, with balmy nights on deck, with a glass or two, or three, of whatever takes our fancy that evening, and congratulations to you in advance , and we wish you both all the best in your married life together,Helen & Dougie Cruden.

Thanks folks, the nerves are starting to kick in now...we get married on a week on friday (12th)

Big Mac's well im not a lover of the destiny to be honest, i only chose it based on itinerary as she has never done a cruise before (my 39th) Its a good starting one for her though. Shes already got the case out!

We are flying over from Manchester on the 09:05. I cant wait for some sun!

Hi all trasatlantic cruisers have you all had your tickets yet ours arrived today getting quite excited now. Congratulations Ov3rride hope the wedding went well.

Ours arrived on the 5th. Wedding went superb mate, just tapping the free wi-fi while getting changed for the night. 4 weeks on sunday!

Glad everything went well hope to catch up with you on the cruise

Sounds good, if any other forumers fancy meeting up we should arrange for a drink somewhere. You'll be able to tell me by the holiday watchdog t-shirt at some point..plus we look rather young lol!

Hi we are also going on the transalantic sunrise on the 11th April -

We are flying in from Glasgow and I cannot waite. This is our second holiday aboard the Destiny and we had a great time when we sailed around the med 2 years ago but this will be something else.

We are both in our 60's and 70's but even though we are OAP's we do like to enjoy ourselves.

Hope we all meet up.

DAVE AND DOROTHY LOBB.

Welcome dotti! Im sure it will be great! Im (John) 23 and liz is 19.

If anyone wants to shoot me they can, however i suggest maybe a drink at a designated bar after we sail away from Tortola (as no doubt people will be tired the first day) Open to whatever bar people decide, as long as theres drink we'll be there.

is anyone who is starting their cruise on the 4th april interested in a two island day cruise, leaving the ship at 07.45 and arriving back at 17.45. this is a full day on a small tour sailing to saona with lunch, drinks and snorkelling and beach time, $99 US dollars, sounds a lot but see what you get compared with ships cruises, check this out at www.seavisbayahibe.com and contact them direct if you are interested. it is called saona cruisoe VIP. :)

Archived