Voyager Diamond event

39august

CruiseQueen, which cruise were you on when they held it in the Dragon's Lair?

We just sailed Voyager on Dec. 13 (the fog cruise) and it was held in Cloud Nine, to the side of High Notes. A lovely room.

Like 39august, I am hoping that it'll be in Cloud Nine rather than the dark and depressing Dragon's Lair.

Do you think that maybe on your cruise, they had too many Diamond members and had to change the venue temporarily?

Jan

I think it depends on how many passengers they are dealing with. For instance, on the Voyager trans-Atlantic there were 120 Diamond+ cruisers plus eligible suite guests so they held their happy hour in Cloud Nine. At any given time, I don't think there were more than 40 people there.

The Diamond Lounge was Cleopatra's Lounge and it was well attended. I did not hear how many Diamonds were on the cruise. Also, some of the Diamond+ attended that function to be with friends.

Because of the demographics on the trans-Atlantics--people who are older and, hence, have more cruises under their belts qualifying them for Diamond/Diamond+ status, retired with more time on their hands, have more vacation time to use--you have a good amount Diamond and Diamond+ cruising.

On the regular one week cruises, you probably won't have as many so they will use smaller venues as size requires. It could be one place one week and another place the next week.

Tucker in Texas

Archived