Welcome back party

love4trvl

A couple years ago I was cruising with friends (their first cruise). We all went on my invitation. We met some people on our last cruise who did it too. I don't think they mind if it's only one or two people. I don't even remember anyone checking.

It´s by invitation only and I never would take anybody to a party that is not invited. Hwever last year my Mom was with me on a cruise and it was her first time with RCCL. I asked the Loyalty Ambassador if I could bring her to the party and he told me I could.

So ask you host about it and you´ll get the proper answer. I´m sure it depends on the LA as well as how many members there are onboard.

I have sailed with rcl many times, never alone, always with husband or husband or sons HOWEVER this cruise will be sister-in-law and myself. I do not wish to attend party solo ( nor do I think I should, I have always paid for a cabin and even if you cruise solo you pay for cost of a double occupancy cabin) so I do feel I should ask if I may bring my cabin mate. If it truly is a problem then they should answer with a polite "no".

You are most definitely going to get the extremes of opinions here. I never thought much about it until we cruised with my sister and BIL (their first). Now, the way we originally booked was DH and my sister in one cabin; me and BIL in the other (wanted to get C&A coupon credit for both cabins and did it that way because C&A told us to). The invites were for C&A members and traveling companions in the same cabin. When we boarded we "swapped" partners (so to speak). Technically, only DH and I should have been invited, but based on original booking we all would have been.

By the time the C&A party came around, my sister and BIL had already signed up to be C&A members after the cruise (yes, they got hooked immediately). I called and asked what to do. I told them that DH and I did not want to break the rules (and wouldn't). If we were told "no dice," we wouldn't bring our companions. (We also would not have gone, but that's a personal choice.) We were told to bring them as our guests, especially since they had already signed up for C&A. It was a lovely party with plenty of room for everyone.

I know there are those who disagree with this. Don't flame me or bother to tell me I was wrong or anything. This is what we were told was acceptable. If we had been with a group of 12 (for example) and we had been the only 2 C&A members, I wouldn't have even asked. With the 4 of us though, I simply wouldn't have wanted to go (even though my sister said, "we'd love to go, but if they say no, don't worry about it).

I don't think it will be a problem (I hate going solo to a party also). You should get it cleared in advance though. Do not worry about what posters here think, only go by what you are told is acceptable onboard and what is right for you.

beachchick

I cannot imagine that, in a commercial situation, asking a host whether one can bring guests could ever be conceived of as inappropriate. If that is, then asking for an upgrade at a hotel is inappropriate, as is asking for a better table at a restaurant!

There is a question in my mind, given that there is some element of traditional values at play in the whole Welcome Back party (with invitations and such) as to whether it is proper to invite someone solo to a party, when that person is traveling with a companion. It's a little like inviting someone solo to a wedding, when that person is married or living with a companion -- very poor taste IMHO. I'm surprised to learn that C&A Welcome Back party invites don't automatically offer invitation to the member "plus a guest."

I am a newbie so please don't flame me. I have been on two cruises (Sovereign of the Seas '90 & '93) and am a C&A member- yes, I was surprised I'm still in their database. My point is I will be going on Voyager in March with my girlfriend who has never cruised and I am quite sure it is not RCCL's intention to invite me and not my girlfriend. There are many reasons for this such as bad taste and poor marketing. Another point is relationships end and new ones begin; I really don't think RCCL would even dream of denying entry to a member's new partner- especially one who has never cruised before and will be a member after one cruise. I am looking forward to seeing Voyager- I thought Sovereign was big so I can only imagine what Voyager will be like.

P.S. Thanks for all the great info on this site. It's been to long between cruises.

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should. The C&A party is for past guests only. They aren't likely to tell you no if you ask to bring a guest. The question is, is it the right thing to do? ;)

Everyone needs to get a grip here, RCI makes plenty of money and giving someone one free drink will not break the bank.

I am telling you the invite in my grown children's cabin said all the people in cabin were invited, I thought that was very thoughtful.

Archived