towels by pools? and other rantings...

witneys7

I am wondering if there are towels available by the pool to use before your room is ready on the first day? Also, are their restrooms with changing stalls or do you just use the regular public bathrooms to change in that first day? Can you even swim on the first day? They don't close the pool to clean it or anything do they? What other things should newbies know about their first day that we might not be aware of? I am T-minus 13 days and I'm feeling a little apprehensive, though I know I know more than most newbies, thanks to this site, but it still all feels a bit large. So many questions running through my head and I am afraid I'm going to forget something important or not bring enough cash or the weather will be unfortunate. Blah blah blah. *I'm exhaling and it's going to be a fabulous trip and everything will be just great, and the weather is going to be fantastic too:) Thanks for letting me rant:)

You don't say which ship you are, but in general:

- pool towels are either provided by the pool or there will be some in your stateroom. On Royal Caribbean you check them out with your Seapass card (room key & charge card) and they charge you $20 if you don't return them at the end of the cruise. You can swap them for a fresh towel whenever you like.

- cabins are generally available after 1 pm, so you just go to your cabin and change. Lots of people hang out by the pool on the first day!

- if your cabin isn't available then, depending in the ship, there is a change room in the fitness area.

No need to stress! The crew on the ship is there to answer all of your questions. Enjoy the rest of your countdown!!

I assume you already know to pack your bathing suit & suntan lotions in a carry on even if you have to dig out the lotion from the checked bags at the AP to walk on board with them.

There are no changing rooms per se b/c you can usually get into your cabin for a minute to change even if it's not ready. Just tip your steward. ;) Otherwise, we usually just got something to eat, sat inside & then went to change when the cabin was ready. So far my last 3 cruises it has been too cold to go outside 1st (we sailed from NYC in winter 2x & then this last frigid week in Miami)

If you are coming from the hotel you may want to simply wear the suit.

There always had been towels by the pool but this time on the NCL Jewel they were in the cabin & you had go somewhere (I never figured out where) to sign out more if you wanted / needed them.

I, too, wear my bathing suit onboard.... however, the public restrooms are free---you don't pay to use them, and you can change clothes in them if you want to!

Personally, I only get in the water if I need to cool off, but if getting wet is a must for you, then do it! The pools are open! There should be pool towels somewhere on the pool deck....grab some!

I did forget to state what line I was cruising on, I just expect you all to read my mind;) It's carnival, and I think you all did a great job answering my questions. Funny enough I didn't even think to just wear my swimsuit from the hotel. I'm tellin ya I'm losing my mind with all this planning, but it is fun :p (the planning, not the losing of my mind :rolleyes:)

More than likely the water is going to be too cold to get into the pool. The hot tubs are not 104 degrees either. Don't set your mind on it too much. There's always the bar! lol

You will be in "awwww" just looking around like a kid in a candy store. It will take you 2 or 3 days to just see everything...Even then, on day 6 you will be shocked to run into a place you haven't found yet :)

And it's honkin' cold here in Tampa right now!!! DS15 and his friends found an interesting fact earlier this week-it was actually WARMER in Northern Antarctica this week than Florida! Should get warmer tomorrow but the Gulf is 50 degrees right now.

Archived