Alaska Brew Company-- Juneau

cruise cruise cruise

Does the Brew Company have an actual brewing tour or is it just a tasting room?

We will be sailing with Princess and I see the only ship excursion involves a 9 mile bike ride---no thank you!, I just want a good beer and am interested in how it is made.

We are from Seattle area and can locally get Alaskan Brew beer, so am not interested in just a tasting room

Anyone have thoughts or comments?

How easy is it to get to the brewery without a ship paid excursion?

Do they give tour or is just a tasting room?

thanks

What else do you have planned for Juneau???? You can easily get to the Brewery with a cab or city bus. You can also drive, depending WHAT else fits the driving plan of interest to you??? There is brewing information, and a look at the brewery. If only interested in a beer, I highly recommend the Alaskan Hotel, http://www.thealaskanhotel.com/ historic, and right on Franklin, across and down from the Red Dog.

right on Franklin, across and down from the Red Dog.

i would have said up from the dawg, but that's the way i am.

the alaskan does have very comfortable bar; old dark wood, turn of the last century decor.

if you'd like to meet the alaska state legislature, the triangle club right at the franklin turnoff. they also have good hotdogs.

I have done the tour the OP is asking about including the bike ride - so here are some thoughts - you are driven from the ship in a van to a starting point near the Chapel by the Lake - the bike ride itself except for one short hill is flat and easy - it didn't seem like 9 miles to me but I ride on a regular basis - you end up at the Mendenhall Glacier visitor's center where after a short stay you then get back in the van for the ride to the Brewery - upon entering you are offered a sample of one of there products and a refill before you head into brew room - after a short talk on how beer is made you are encouraged to go get you glass filled again before going onto the next part of the lecture - the bottling process - then another refill and the talk ends - you might even get one for the road.

SO YES IT IS A TOUR ABOUT HOW BEER IS MADE!

Whether the same amount of "free" issues is available for those who just want to head out to the brewery on there own I don't know

Perhaps a Google search for Alaskan Brewery - Juneau will anwser that question.

Hope I have helped some

Cheers

Dennis

Archived