Catamaran Excursion?

KAWS

Our group of 10 will be going on the Mexican Riviera cruise (Mariner) in March. We all want to do a catamaran excursion while in one of the ports. I think we have PV pretty much sewn up, but what about Mazatlan or Cabos? Can anyone suggest somewhere that we can check out for this?

Our group of 10 will be going on the Mexican Riviera cruise (Mariner) in March. We all want to do a catamaran excursion while in one of the ports. I think we have PV pretty much sewn up, but what about Mazatlan or Cabos? Can anyone suggest somewhere that we can check out for this?

In July, several of us did the Ecocat in Cabo, we had a great time and the staff was fun and helpful. Here is the link so you can see what you think:

http://www.caboecotours.com/

Have a great trip. :)

Another vote for Cabo, Beautiful bay, Land's end, lovers beach, the dry desert heat, catamaran'n around the cruise ships.

Delightful!

IMAG0038.jpg

Cabo's beautiful bay with the cruise ship scenery

IMG_1149-1.jpg

We also suggest trying to catch a glimpse of Cabo's World Class Resorts

IMG_5350.jpg

And making time for a snack with a view at Medano Beach

IMG_1073.jpg

In July, several of us did the Ecocat in Cabo, we had a great time and the staff was fun and helpful. Here is the link so you can see what you think:

http://www.caboecotours.com/

Have a great trip. :)

I see on their home page they talk about the "Ecocat" but when I see the tours there's one that's snorkelling/zodiac and then the whale watching (other than the evening ones). Was it the snorkeklling one that you went on?

I see on their home page they talk about the "Ecocat" but when I see the tours there's one that's snorkelling/zodiac and then the whale watching (other than the evening ones). Was it the snorkeklling one that you went on?

It was snorkeling/zodiak, I don't remember them offering whale watching during the summer.

It was snorkeling/zodiak, I don't remember them offering whale watching during the summer.

Oh duh! Of course. Sorry. Of course there would be no whale watching in the summer. We're going in March when they do offer it. I've been whale watching before but not from a catamaran. That does sound rather interesting too.

Another vote for Cabo, Beautiful bay, Land's end, lovers beach, the dry desert heat, catamaran'n around the cruise ships.

Delightful!

IMAG0038.jpg

Cabo's beautiful bay with the cruise ship scenery

IMG_1149-1.jpg

We also suggest trying to catch a glimpse of Cabo's World Class Resorts

IMG_5350.jpg

And making time for a snack with a view at Medano Beach

IMG_1073.jpg

I love your photos and wondering when you were in Cabo. Did you fit everything into one day in port from a cruise? Did you rent scooters? If so where? Would you mind giving more details about your day and how you managed to fit so much in...:)

Thanks!

We're also going in March and wondering the same things as you are... What did you decide for PV? I've been looking at Las Caletas day trip with snorkeling with the sea lions... apparently you get there by Catamaran. For Cabo you could also check http://www.cabosanlucastours.net/ ... lots of options here.

I'm planning Randi's horses for Mazatlan.

I am on the Mariner in March as well. When are you going?

I've previously taken the Yael Catamaran in Cabo. There were 5 of us and we had a wonderful day. Sandwiches were provided and anything to drink you wanted. We all stuck with water and soda, but alcohol is available.

We were taken to a great spot to snorkle (nothing like the Caribbean, but fun especially for the kids who'd never been before) and then we sailed out around Lover's Beach and into the open ocean.

Check out "Aboard the Rissalena 1" on You Tube Or search google for Rissalena reviews

Rated #2 must do in Cabo per Tripadvisor

This is a private charter in Cabo for whale watching If you can find 20 people its about $45pp with mucho margaritas and lunch

I am on the Mariner in March as well. When are you going?

I've previously taken the Yael Catamaran in Cabo. There were 5 of us and we had a wonderful day. Sandwiches were provided and anything to drink you wanted. We all stuck with water and soda, but alcohol is available.

We were taken to a great spot to snorkle (nothing like the Caribbean, but fun especially for the kids who'd never been before) and then we sailed out around Lover's Beach and into the open ocean.

Just a slight correction. The Yael is a traditional sail boat and not a catamaran. It is single hulled.

We did the La Princesa catamaran tour in Cabo. It took us out to see los arcos, the whales, then for some snorkeling (optional), then back. All you can drink. Sandwiches and salsa on the way back. The guides were friendly and fun. The scenery was beautiful. Good deal for $44/person.

http://www.cabosanlucastours.net/LaPrincesa-Catamaran.htm

Just a slight correction. The Yael is a traditional sail boat and not a catamaran. It is single hulled.

Oops...my bad. You are right, it was a sailboat. My memory is going to hell now that I've retired and I'm not forced to remember anything.

thanks for the correction! :)

I love your photos and wondering when you were in Cabo. Did you fit everything into one day in port from a cruise? Did you rent scooters? If so where? Would you mind giving more details about your day and how you managed to fit so much in...:)

Thanks!

Yes, we rent a single scooter and double up. They rent them behind Medano beach, so we walk around the marina there. We are very experienced in motorcycles and Mexico and do not suggest everyone should rent a scooter.

You can rent a car in Cabo fairly cheep, if you book in advance on the internet. Cabo is a relatively small area, and if you keep your stops short, you can see most of the highlights in a single cruise visit.

IMG_1133-1.jpg

IMG_1149-1.jpg

There are many different options in Cabo to get out into the bay. As all the other mentioned there are the big catamarans that take a lot of people such as the ecocat, Tropicat, Cabo Escape or the Princesa boats. All offer whale watching right now and they include open bar and some food too. The alternative is to charter a smaller private boat just for yourselves - Cabo Sails has a 33´that you can charter and Cabo Sailing (as mentioned before they have the Yael) can also be chartered privately. With some many of you the price of a private boat can work out as economically as a larger open boat. Have fun!

Archived