MDR on the Valor

GranthamMommy

Like everyone else, the MDR can make or break a cruise. What dining room would you recommend on the Valor - Lincoln or Washington? Upper or Lower?

I'd love to read all comments. But I know someone will ask

Party of Six

4 adults - early 50's

2 teens -16 and 18

First cruise for one family.

Definitely a fun group. Not unruly, but like to enjoy the party.

Do you recommend going to the MDR after boarding to check out the table location? Any chance of getting moved if you don't like it? With cash in hand is it rude to ask for a great waiter/table if available?

Can we put a location preference in our reservation? All the questions because our last cruise was a dining room disaster most of the evenings. It was the first time I ever left less than the minimum tip and left comments.

Thanks.

We were on the Valor last week. There were 2 couples so 4 in total. We were originally assigned to lower Washington. Our waiter was Stephen and he was horrible. It was our friends' first cruise and we really wanted them to understand how the dining room experience should be. After 2 nights, we spoke to the Maitre D' and we were moved to Washington upper. Our waiter up there had a much better personality, however he was sooo slow. I didn't feel the need to tip any extra because we were always last leaving the dining room and we only ate with him 3 nights.

So you can always ask to be changed just remember that you may not be much better off. Someone did tell us that the better waiters are in the upper section of the Washington DR. I have no idea if this is actually true.

We were in the lower Lincoln with waiter Malvin. He was great at efficienly serving us and was very personable. We had a 4 top table. Our tablemates were awesome too. Completely turned us from wishing the Valor had Your Time dining. In fact we'll take reserved time dining from now on.

Ive been on the Valor a couple times Im not sure that a certain deck or dining room will make a difference

For 1 the waiter someone might recommend may move to a different section or be gone by then

But I do agree with you as looking at your table location and if you dont like it You might be moved but since you need at least a 6top it maybe difficult

Good luck and dont let the staff ruin your vacation

Not sure you have a choice on your MDR as that seems to be assigned based on cabin location. We always check our table location, when possible, on boarding day. Requests for changes in assignment have always been granted, at least by the second day.

Our last cruise on Valor was this past October and we were assigned to the Washington, lower/aft two top.This was far and away the best quality dining experience we have had with Carnival. The food and service were both well over the top. Victor, a 12 year vet, was our lead server and never missed a beat.

Like everyone else, the MDR can make or break a cruise. What dining room would you recommend on the Valor - Lincoln or Washington? Upper or Lower?

I'd love to read all comments. But I know someone will ask

Party of Six

4 adults - early 50's

2 teens -16 and 18

First cruise for one family.

Definitely a fun group. Not unruly, but like to enjoy the party.

Do you recommend going to the MDR after boarding to check out the table location? Any chance of getting moved if you don't like it? With cash in hand is it rude to ask for a great waiter/table if available?

Can we put a location preference in our reservation? All the questions because our last cruise was a dining room disaster most of the evenings. It was the first time I ever left less than the minimum tip and left comments.

Thanks.

We always go to the MDR shortly after check in to see where our seats are. On one cruise we did ask the MaitreD to move us - was no problem.

The Valor will have Your Time Dining beginning May 2. They are adding the Your Time a few ships at a time, from what I understand..

Thanks for the info Robin....we really enjoyed it on the Dream :)

Do I understand from what Im reading that you sit with other people at your table?

I have sat with other people on my first four cruises. Two trips were alot of fun, one was okay and the last one was torture most nights do to the wait staff. Meeting great people and having great wait staff is part of the fun.

Unless you have a bigger group 6-8, I'm guessing you'll be placed with others unless you specifically see the maitre d on the first day and request a table for two....But I'm sure someone else might have more information. I haven't sailed with Carnival in a number of years.

Do I understand from what Im reading that you sit with other people at your table?

If you are cruising as a couple more then likely you will be paired up with another couple or two. It has been my experience they they pair you with couples in the same general age bracket. But if you are cruising with family members or friends then it will probably be just your own group. This has been my experience. We've met some great couples when we've cruised just the two of us.

Archived