First Time On Carnival - Review

LSEA

LSEA, thanks so much for posting, we go on our first Carnival cruise on the Legend out of Tampa (where we live so I know how nice it is to get dropped off at the port 10 minutes after leaving home!). We have done several HAL cruises and that truly is our favorite so I was (am!) slightly anxious about sailing Carnival. I'm glad to hear you liked it but I too will miss the Promenade.

Thats how I ended up here too. I really love HAL but my home port is Long Beach (about 20 minute drive) so I thought I'd give the Fun ships a try. I will miss the promenade deck though,,I love doing 8-10 laps around the ship.

As you can tell by my log, we have sailed a number of cruiselines as well. we really enjoyed the Ryndam itinerary and the inside stateroom. It had a little love seat with a coffee table which came in handy when we had a full menu dinner in our room. We are looking forward to the larger staterooms on the Paradise. Also, because of the reasonable price, we are trying our first ocean view room. We did the NCL cruise in November and it was good, but different. Very Casual. Not bad, just different. Dining was easy. Walk-in is very easy. We waited once for about 10 minutes. If you ever go out on a Friday or Saturday night...10 min. ain't bad. I am dissapointed that it doesn't have a Promenade. We like to walk after dinner or after the show. It's always nice to get away from the hustle bustle of the crowd.

We also will do some exploring to find the Hide-A-ways. Yes, you are right, Long Beach & San Pedro are easy ports for us. San Diego is a great port too. This next cruise is just a get away, so the destinations aren't the critical point. The Cruise is the destination. I hope Paradise is worthy.

LSEA, thanks so much for posting, we go on our first Carnival cruise on the Legend out of Tampa (where we live so I know how nice it is to get dropped off at the port 10 minutes after leaving home!). We have done several HAL cruises and that truly is our favorite so I was (am!) slightly anxious about sailing Carnival. I'm glad to hear you liked it but I too will miss the Promenade.

Please come back and tell us how you liked it! Tampa is a slightly longer drive from for me but one I could easily do. Flying really is so unpleasant now and I have enough of it for a while unless absolutely necessary.

Archived