First time on Monarch of the Seas

It will be my first trip on Monarch next month. Am travelling from Ireland with two friends, it's my 6th RC Cruise but my first on one of the smaller ships. We've been assigned a connecting cabin on deck 8, will we hear our neighbours? No other non connecting cabins available on that deck? Is it worth a suite upgrade, as there is going to be 3 of us?? Are the cabins really that small? Also, anyone know what the weather will be like around Feb 22nd, we need some sunshine as Ireland hasnt seen it in a while!!! PS thank you to other members who have shared their opinions on this ship previously.

Slan!!!

Last year, we got assigned a connecting cabin, and were unlucky enough to get some very noisy neighbors. Very late night activities, and I had my daughters with me. The ship was full, but they did come down and put some sort of heavy-duty batting in between the two doors, and that helped some.

If you can, call Royal and request a non-connecting room.

I'm sure February in the Carribbean will be nicer weather than February in Ireland!

Enjoy your cruise! Kathy

Im trying my best to make contact, but at the moment its unsuccessful. I would be very uncomfortable if i heard the people in the adjoining cabin, the only noise we've every heard on RC cruises would be the people passing the cabin door or the toilet flushing - hmm im confused. Am trying to see the price difference between the ocean view cabin and a suite, would prefer to pay that bit extra to get a good nights sleep and peace of mind. Thank you for your reply!

I was in the Monarch in a connecting cabin but the other cabin was my kids so I heard everything. Since I can't really comment on the noise I can tell you that the individual cabins were very small. I would not want to be in one with three adults. On the other hand, my sister-in-law cruised on this ship with her mother and sister a couple years ago and they all shared a cabin. I didn't hear any complaints from her.

I see your going on the Mariner, i was on that ship 3 times and each cruise was fantastic! I think im used to being in a cabin that has loads of room and have fear of the unknown i.e. small cabin and noise?? Might be petty issues for some people but when you travel all the way from Ireland, we need some decent sleep...........and of course some sunshine:)

I was on deck 8 of the Monarch last May and the rooms are pretty small. For two people it was okay for a short cruise (4 nights). I didn't have a connecting cabin so I don't know about the noise.

If money isn't a big concern and the price isn't a large difference I would recommend getting a suite for the 3 of you. Having a little more space might be worth it. :D

I see your going on the Mariner, i was on that ship 3 times and each cruise was fantastic! I think im used to being in a cabin that has loads of room and have fear of the unknown i.e. small cabin and noise?? Might be petty issues for some people but when you travel all the way from Ireland, we need some decent sleep...........and of course some sunshine:)

For comparison purposes, a Junior Suite on Monarch is about the same size as a balcony cabin on Mariner. The shape of the JS on Monarch is more of a square than the Mariner balcony cabin, so it seems more like a normal hotel room. If you can afford the price difference, you will find the suite more comfortable. I believe the suites have a sofa bed for the third person. We had 3 in a Monarch JS last January and were very pleased with how it worked out.

Bob

I agree - about getting a Jr Suite if it fits your budget. We had 3 in on outside cabin on Majesty and it is a tight fit. For 3 nights not so bad - 4 it will be crowded. Also the 3rd person will have to sleep in a pulman bed (like bunk beds.)

An additional benefit of the Jr Suite you get a bath tub, balcony, refrigerator, lots more storage space and 2 cruise credits.

Am trying to convence my friends to go up to a suite, with all you nice people's views on it i think i might have to?? Am so used to a balcony when i travel might be hard to have 3 in such a tight space!! Thanks for the positive feed back on the ship, have heard alot of negative views - am starting to look forward to it now!!

Archived