Thinking of booking a few questions.

Daughter age 22 and myself 50 are thinking of booking a Thomson cruise for late february. I`ve spent the last few evenings on these boards so thankyou all for the great information.

I`ve read loads of reviews, watched the video`s, checked on the ports of call.

We really like the Caribbean itinerary for fourteen nights so my questions are

Do you think the prices drop in the last few weeks before departure?

I don`t read much about the food apart from its good - are there any sample menu`s around?

Daughter would like to know about the bingo - she loves bingo. Are the prizes good and is it expensive to play. We are frequent cruisers with Disney where the bingo costs about $30!

Thanks again - I`ve spent a very enjoyable few evenings researching.

The price will drop, sometimes considerable in the last few weeks before a cruise if it is not booked up. The question is; how badly do you want this cruise? If you wait too long it could be booked up or you may have to fly from a different airport which could cancel out your cost saving. Ships in the caribbean doing the basic islands are plentiful, so even if you miss this another will come along soon.

If we are booking late for reduced costs we usually wait until 8-10 weeks before the cruise, by this time people have to pay the balance of their cruise and some people drop out or for various reasons thus increasing availability. We are fortunate in that we have flexible holiday time, you may not. We have been on many cruises where we have paid both more and less than others we have met. You pay your money and take your chances.

They seem to play bingo on all the ships, we don't play but the jackpot only ever gets won on the last night icon12.gif

We booked two weeks ago for Red Sea Magic in the February half term and in that time total cost has dropped £350.00,so yes prices will drop as long as cabins are available. I suppose I should stop looking or i will get really annoyed:mad:

Archived