who has the best suite perks

k9Rulez

I guess I would like information limited to "Mainstream" cruiselines.

I have sailed twice in suites on NCL and really loved the perks. I tried looking at Royal Caribbean and Carnival on their websites, but can't see the info. I am looking to book an Alaska cruise and not thrilled with the limited cruisetours with NCL, so would like to see other options.

The main perks i like with NCL are the excellent Breakfast and Lunch at Cagneys (filet mignon every morning), large rooms and balconies, 2nd bedroom in some suites, courtyard access (where available), early entry to chocolate buffet and priority tendering.

Thanks in advance.

Rob

You can cross off Carnival from your list. They only give you priority embarkation and debarkation, you can board with the platinum card holders and the Handicapped.

People post that getting a bathtub is a perk, since there is nothing else special about the suites other than the size.

RCL gives a nice perk, 2 cruise credits toward your next status. JS and above. JS isnt a true suite. You need one category above that to get into the suite concierge lounge.

But to be fair-- the cost of a suite on a carnival ship is a drastic price reduction when comparing to the other lines.

I thought Princess had nice perks- although I am not too sure what they are- I priced out one and I can cruise two times for that price of a suite.

I'm not too sure what you're looking for in the way of 'perks' - you know the old saying, "Different Strokes for Different Folks..."

We have had suites on both Princess & Holland America - the service on both was wonderful. HAL has priority embarkation (really fast!); use of the Neptune Lounge (for suite-only passengers) with a personal concierge (they take care of everything); breakfast and all-day snack-type food in the Neptune Lounge as well as complimentary espressos, lattes and cappuccinos; complimentary laundry and dry cleaning throughout the cruise; fresh fruit daily; fresh flowers; hor d'ouerves delivered to your cabin; complimentary bottle of wine; priority dinner reservations & excursion reservations if you have not made them previously; free use of the DVD library; breakfast in the Pinnacle Lounge ( a BIG plus!); complimentary boutonniere & corsage on the first formal night; a cocktail party with the Captain; a fabulous luncheon/reception (drinks included) for suite-only passengers with the ship's officers; ...on & on.

Princess had priority embarkation (also very fast); fresh fruit daily; fresh flowers in cabin; complimentary laundry & dry cleaning; complimentary hors d'ouerves; one-time use of the mini-bar; complimentary boutonniere & corsage on first formal night - on & on.

Both suites were very large - 500+ sq feet with huge balconies. Ours had a table with 4 chairs, two loungers and two regular chairs. In our last suite on the Oosterdam, I even had my own private dressing area with separate closet, dressing table with lighted make-up mirror and pull-curtain. On both cruise lines, we had a large bathroom with double-sink vanity, separate tub & shower and loads of storage space. On Princess, the dressing table was in the bedroom itself, but there was a draw-curtain to separate the living area from the bedroom area. On Princess, the commode was in a separate little room from the tub & shower area - very nice!

I hope this helps. We love both cruise lines. NCL & Carnival - not so much!

Have a wonderful cruise wherever you go & whichever line you decide to use! There are no "bad days" on a cruise!!

Smooth Sailing Always :)

Celebrity gives you priority embarkation, a butler, afternoon tea and later in the afternoon canapes.

You also get a full menu from the MDR that they will serve you in your suite.

You also get access to Michaels Club for afternoon cocktails and they serve breakfast there also.

http://www.princess.com/news/article.jsp?newsArticleId=na828&submit=pk

This page lists suite and mini suite perks on Princess. I will make a correction to it, however. Those staying in full suites get free internet access, either in the internet cafe or if you bring your own laptop and utilize their wifi (the page above says wifi isn't included and that is incorrect). Its great to be able to use wifi in my cabin with abandon!

Other things that suite passengers get (at least on the Ruby Princess) is the ability to have breakfast at Sabatini's (one of their speciality restaraunts) which is an option available to no one else on the ship. They are also invited to a nightly cocktail hour in the disco with drink specials and free appetizers.

• 8 months later...

I prefer RCCL you get free drinks nightly in the concierge lounge, reserved seating at the pool, shows. Priority boarding and departure from a private lounge. Free pressing for formal nights. Guests that staying in suites have full breakfast, lunch and dinner dining room menus available for in-room dining and more. No waiting at the guest relations desk. No wait line for tenders, and the list goes on.

Celebrity suites have great perks, your own butler who will literally do anything for you, priority embarkation, tendering, ect. Priority seating in the MDR, pillow menus, really nice robes, afternoon tea and snacks, canape service before dinner, bathtubs.

The butler is my favorite ;)

Archived