Flight Question if anyone could answer !!!

mishka92

Can anyone tell me how we did not get our flight from Manchester as our requested preference back in April 2009 for Azura's 28 day Carribean cruise. I called P&O to confirm the Manchester flight on Wednesday the 13th January 2010 and was informed that there were four seats available on the Manchester flight.To get two of those seats P&O told me I must call my travel agent to book them. I phoned immediately to be to be told by my travel agent that he would contact P&O immediately and call me back. My call was returned by him within minutes informing me that P&O had just sold those seats on a live system. How could those seats be placed on a live system for sale when we had requested them way back in April 2009?. Mishka

Sorry for the double post put it in the wrong place :-(

Well panic over for me...just went to cruise personaliser on P&O acccount ( they will now think I am online on the forum again poor souls) & clicked on travel summary AND discovered that this document is now a 4 page scroll down job the 2nd bit of which is the flight details all confirmed airport/terminal/premium seats/times the lot ...phew!!

I booked this cruise 8 months ago .Like a lot of others it was booked 20 months in advance.I was asked at the time of booking the preferred airport as the flights were not yet allocated.I informed TA Manchester was preferred.Invoice and planner states Gatwick. I phoned TA regarding this and was informed I was on a Q Q Q system for Manchester with P & O .This was confirmed by P & O because I questioned it. I noticed on this board and other boards people had Manchester flights , hence the reason for phone call to P & O on Wed.

I asked about my preference for a Manchester flight as planner was still showing Gatwick .This was when I was informed there were 4 seats left on the Manchester flight and to get my TA to phone right away to get these seats allocated to my booking.This was done right away within minutes of phone call to P&O.When TA phoned me back ,TA was informed seats were just sold.My question is how can they sell seats on a flight when they had a booking for the seats in the system.I have asked TA to look into this. I will also write to P & O customer service as I am aggrieved by this situation.

Hope this has clarified the picture a bit.

Regards to all

Mishka

Miska,

I think what has happend is that you asked for Manchester when booked but they (P&O) would have said all flights full, to your TA or on the TA's system, therefore you accepted Gatwick or wherever they had places on the flights. They would sell seats because you would not have had reserved seats from Manchester on the computer. When the TA rang the seats were sold because they were free on their computer system.

We booked this cruise also last March and we were told when the booking went through which airport we were flying from, ie Manchester our chosen one. If you were not happy with the flight arrangement when you booked you should have not made the booking.

It sound to me that the TA has made a mistake somewhere on their booking system if they told you that Manchester flights were available. Again ring them and ask them to inform P&O to put you on a waitlist for Manchester flights.

Odd, as I recall vaguely now they told me(TA),that flights would be confirmed later but it was no big deal, I really don't know what we would have done if we had to go to MAN. suppose we could have flown up. Hope it resolves itself for you.

Just to keep you all informed .

Flight allocation is a disaster from P&O.After again being in touch with TA and P&O, I have been told flight and airport will not be confirmed untill 3 weeks before cruise departure date.Surely this is not right!!! I live up in Scotland and wanted to secure internal flights and hotel.At this rate I`ll be lucky if I get anything.

Not a happy bunny to say the least.

Mishka

Mishka,

Sorry to hear this but as I said before you must have booked this cruise on the understanding that you could have a flight from Gatwick as you said your booking was done under QQQ. This means that you could fly from any aiirport.

Our booking we already know the flight and who we will be flying with, this is all on our Personaliser. When we booked we asked our TA if the flight was from Manchester and if not we would not have booked. This was confirmed to us before our deposit was taken.

Mishka,

Sorry to hear this but as I said before you must have booked this cruise on the understanding that you could have a flight from Gatwick as you said your booking was done under QQQ. This means that you could fly from any aiirport.

Our booking we already know the flight and who we will be flying with, this is all on our Personaliser. When we booked we asked our TA if the flight was from Manchester and if not we would not have booked. This was confirmed to us before our deposit was taken.

Same here really, no doubt that LGW was our airport, there was something about it being confirmed but it was never a problem.

Hi,I knew nothing about this QQQ booking till the 13th Jan ,this was news to me.

My booking has allways said Gatwick on the personiliser.My pref was Manchester.They can`t confirm either.Planner still says Gatwick.I was told I could book a Scheduled flight (at my expence) to ensure the departure airport.

I would have thought that If any company, not just P&O took a booking they would have the flight allocation sorted out well before 3 weeks before the departure.

I am happy enough to go from any Airport I just need to know what one.

I`m just glad we got booked,what a farce this is regarding the flight allocation.They dont know what airport or carrier half the passengers are going with.It`s a joke!!!

Regards

M

Whenever I have booked a fly/cruise with P&O, I have have always known the departure airport when I made the booking, even though the departure times might not have been known. I would use a different travel agent next time.

Brian

Quite agree with what Brian has said, I would not book a cruise unless I was assured which airport I was flying from. I blame your TA not P&O.

I think what they mean (P&O) is that they cannot tell you which airport because they will only be able to tell you this once people start to cancel their cruise, this will then free up seats on aircraft and allow them to allocate a flight and airport.

When you recieved your invoice, hope that your TA has forwarded this to you, then it would have had the airport your were flying from, if this was not the case then you should have alerted the TA then once booked.

You will see in the Itinerary section and Guide Times ours says AIR TRANSPORTATION PROVIDED FROM MANCHESTER

and again at the end of the cruise.

Look on your Booking Confirmation which has all your details on and see what it says on there.

Hi Again.Thanks for the replies

My TA did email me confirmation of the booking, this says Gatwick for departure and Gatwick for return airport.Flights time TBA.

Up until today cruise personaliser on P&O site said Gatwick.It now says

"We're sorry, but flights information is not available for this cruise until 120 days before sailing."

As I have said before, the reason I wanted to confirm Departure airport was to get internal Flights from Scotland and the overnight hotel sorted out.I didn`t think it would be such an ordeal.

If a company the size of P&O are awaiting cancellations before they can allocate or confirm flights and airports IT BEGGARS BELIEF,This is my opinion.

This cruise was sold out within days of it going on sale .I`m sure if any cancellation do occur they will be snapped up like gold dust.

That's my rant over for now .I will just have to wait and see what time brings me !!!

Regards

M

I would have thought that your TA would have sent you the copy of your details and booking confirmation NOT just an email.

I have never had an email to confirm my booking with any TA always insist on the paper copy of the confirmation, this way you can check it yourself and if there are discrepancies then you can get them sorted post haste.

Regards your Cruise Personilser saying flight time TBA I think everyones will say this at the present time, our does also. The flight times will not be advised till 120 days before we cruise.

If your personaliser is saying flights TBA then I think they may be trying to get you on the Manchester flight.

Archived