"LIVE" from the Mariner 01-16-05

Radio

[quote name='PortugueseLady']Radio,

Glad your home.....will really miss all the daily updates...always makes you feel like your right there with you....[size=4][color=blue]you are the best[/color][/size]....thanks for always letting us be a part of your cruise....

Can't wait to the see the remaining.....

Thanks again,
Nellie[/QUOTE]

Thanks Nellie...I will have more pics soon...My first day back to work today, and it will be a little hectic for a day or two..

Radio
;) ;)

[quote name='creempuff0530']Radio, I have a question. You said that when you were in Ocho Rios you went to Ocean Village beach. Is this located in Island Village? Thanks![/QUOTE]

No..... Island Village is straight ahead as you walk through the Pier exit. Ocean Village is to the left as you exit the pier ! You walk about 100yds, and then you will see the $1 admission gate.

Radio
;) ;)

[quote name='ZiGBiGDoG']First of all I would like to thank you for the wonderful posts throughtout your entire cruise. I thought it was kinda cool that you were albe adn willing to do that. It made me feel like I was cruising on the MOS as well....Thank you!!! Great pics as well!!!
Another thing...I was watching my local 10pm news last night and they had a story about the MOS and how people were sick with the "cruise flu" on you sailing. They said the entire ship was going to be scrubbed down to fix teh problem. They had video of crew staff cleaning the aft balconys adn what not...Were you aware of this problem or was this news story a little late????
Once again thanks for the post and pictutes adn welcome back to the real world!!!! Next time I cruise I might to a "live" broadcast as well!!!!![/QUOTE]

They started annoucing that there was a problem on Tuesday...thats when they suggested that anyone with symptoms should go to the infirmary for a free check w/treatment. I noticed extra cleaning all week.....
Thanks for the nice comments...:D

Radio
;) ;)

[quote name='pamssanity'][:D Glad to see you got home ok-- loved your postings and have been searching for more-- we did KSC last trip down to Orlando and its so informative-- gives a new respect to the Men and Women who fly.. Well Radio--I wish I had a laptop to take with me this weekend but will look forward to seeing the rest of your pics when we return from MOS ths weekend and will gladly answer anyone';s questions-- as we are first time cruisers we will probably see things a bit differently than others who are experienced cruisers... again Welcome home and I feel like you're an old friend-- actually too cute to be called old!!! [/QUOTE]

Wow ! :o <<<<Radio Blushing......

I will have lots more pics posted in a few more days...Promise !

Thanks again !

Radio
;) ;)

Radio-Have you heard about the current virus outbreak again on the MOS? It was on I think The Today Show this morning. I didn't realize they were talking of a current situation on the MOS but they were. I only got the 'tail end' (pun intended....sorry) of the story but supposedly there is another break out.

If anyone knows of a current thread with someone currently on the MOS, please post it. We leave Saturday to sail on Sunday, we hope.

Again, thank you for all of your updates while on board the MOS. I asked JohnnyO what on earth possessed him to do a 'live' while on board, especially while on his honeymoon. lol. We all do appreciate your efforts! If you have time to post those wine packages, that would be great! We will then decide if we want to bring our own on board and just pay the corking fee or purchase the package.

Ok thanks for the info. I have been looking to go to a beach in Ocho not too far from the pier. The only one I knew about is the beach at Margaritaville. Maybe I will try this one instead. Were there any hagglers there? How about facilities?(restrooms, restaurants, water sports). Sorry to ask so many questions, there is very little info I've found so far on beaches(I guess most people must go to Dunn's Fall)

[quote name='creempuff0530']Ok thanks for the info. I have been looking to go to a beach in Ocho not too far from the pier. The only one I knew about is the beach at Margaritaville. Maybe I will try this one instead. Were there any hagglers there? How about facilities?(restrooms, restaurants, water sports). Sorry to ask so many questions, there is very little info I've found so far on beaches(I guess most people must go to Dunn's Fall)[/QUOTE]

There were no hagglers at all....you could see them, but they were confined to certain areas of the beach. There were also clean restrooms. The beach area is in front of some condos and hotels, so I guess there was food avail there. A strolling Ice Cream vendor walked the beach w/ a cooler of ice cream. There were also jet ski's/parasail available for rent on the beach.

Radio
;) ;)

Here is the beach...

[img]http://a3.cpimg.com/image/B9/9A/44486073-8e1b-02000180-.jpg[/img]

The beach is to the left...the beach on the right is at Margaritaville....

[img]http://a3.cpimg.com/image/01/8C/44485633-e82b-02000180-.jpg[/img]

Creempuff-The beach we are going to go to is Mahogany Beach. It is a short cab ride from the pier. They have a water sports, dining facilities and chairs. If you go to the 'ports of call' thread under Jamaica and type in Mahogany under the 'search this forum' you can read what others have had to say about this beach.

[quote name='sppunk']My wife and I will be on our honeymoon on this sailing - and we will both be 25 at this time. I'll keep my eyes open for a young Irishmen - my fiance lived in Ireland for a bit before moving to Germany, then over to the States.[/QUOTE]

that would be great it would be nice to meet up with people of a similar age.
here is my email if you want to conatct me
[email="theresaronan@eircom.net"]theresaronan@eircom.net[/email]

and good luck with the wedding!!

Thanks for the great coverage of the week's events. I enjoyed every minute of it! I just wish someone was broadcasting this week - there seems to be a lot of confusion over whether there is another virus outbreak. Several people say they saw reports on the Today Show and other news outlets that the virus is back in full force again this week. But I have talked with the cruise division of the CDC and Royal Caribbean customer service and they say that it is not true and there have only been 10 reports of illness this week. I just hope they get the ship back to 100% healthy by Sunday when I board!

I read it word for word when you vacationed on the Mariner before our first trip last year at this time. I felt like I was right there with you the entire time. One year ago this week we WERE there. Now my sister has lured me into booking another voyage on the Mariner. We have cabins reserved for the Nov. 27th sailing later this year and I can already feel the excitment of cruising again. I noticed that you just "happened" to be in the EXACT cabin (Cat D2 balcony cabin 7240) that my cruise agent says she has booked for my husband & myself. I would love to know how you liked it and if you have any pictures taken inside the cabin or from your balcony view. Also, my sister & her husband will be next to us. Will we be able to see each other (visit) from our balconies or are they more secluded? Thanks again for all your "live" updates.

Radio, this is Dizzy Moo's sister. Since you have now been on Mariner several times, I'm sure you have the answer. I have a questions for you about the RCCL gifts C & A members receive in their cabins. Is the gift determined by the cabin category? Or Crown and Anchor level? What did you receive on this last cruise? We all received fanny packs last January.

[QUOTE=Lilly's Nana]Radio, this is Dizzy Moo's sister. Since you have now been on Mariner several times, I'm sure you have the answer. I have a questions for you about the RCCL gifts C & A members receive in their cabins. Is the gift determined by the cabin category? Or Crown and Anchor level? What did you receive on this last cruise? We all received fanny packs last January.[/QUOTE]

The gift is not determined by Cabin Category......I am a Diamond Member..and received a Toiletry Holder..Kind of a fold up canvas Toiletry bag, that you can hang on a bathroom door for travel.

Radio
;) ;)

Hey Dizzy Moo,

We too will be on the Mariner sailing of Nov 27th. My dh and our friends just got off the Jan 9-16th cruise and had such a great time that we booked while on board. I have already signed up for the meet and mingle have you? If not please do and in the next few days we can start a thread on the meet and mingle roll call board:) . Looking forward to getting to know you:cool:
Jill

Hi Jill ~ I started a Thread for The Mariner sailing on 11/27.
I have lots of questions for those of you that have sailed out of Port Canaveral. We have sailed out of several Ports but never PC.

So hope we can chat for the next several months before cruising on The Mariner. The Thread is Mariner Of The Seas, November 27.2005.

Donna

Hello everyone ! I was able to post some of the Daily Compasses from, the Mariner of the Seas for Adventure Ocean ( All Age Groups ) for one day..This should give those interested an idea of the activities planned.....

Just click on Radio's Cruise Page Below for Lots of Mariner Pics !

More Scans comming soon.....

Radio
;)

[img]http://a6.cpimg.com/image/86/BA/44725126-cd72-02000188-.jpg[/img]

[img]http://a4.cpimg.com/image/B6/BB/44725174-f489-02000195-.jpg[/img]

[quote name='khank']Radio - Thanks for the wonderful review! We sailed the Mariner last June and are sailing again June 5. Do you know if Captain Johnny will still be on the ship at this time? I saw in one of your replies that he is on the ship until June. I'm hoping he'll still be on during our sailing.[/QUOTE]
Hi Khank...I totally forgot that you will be on the same cruise as we are!!
Are you registered for the meet and mingle yet?
"Sea" you on-board!
Cheers!

• 3 weeks later...
Radio;

Thanks for all the posts.

I hope I am not to late for you to be reviewing this thread.

Another thread, .. [url="http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=127821&page=3"]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=127821&page=3[/url].. is discussing the Norwalk Virus and I believe the cruise you were on in particular.

There are many voices of reason there, but also those that seem to be "Unhappy Campers" that had their vacation ruined by sickness. Since you were on the cruise and had a bout of some sort of sickness, I'd value your opinion on how everything was handled by RCCL, their staff and your fellow passengers.

I am going on my first cruise in May (on the Mariner !!!) and I don't think I'll let any of the negative items posted sway me, but I'd like to be informed.

Thanks! I hope you see this.

Bill

Archived